• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Championships

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hi all,

This thread is for questions and feedback on our upcoming Guild Champions addition to Guild Expeditions. Im sure there will be lots of questions, so ask away below.

DeletedUser96901

oh nice then we can see how much other guilds are doing
in our guild there are many who don't even do 1 expedition encounter

DeletedUser15432

This looks interesting, I know that a lot of players do not participate but for those of us who do participate every week this is going to be interesting

DeletedUser6065

Folks, this is not as great a thing as you might want to believe. With the changing of the Rogue movement to last, completing Level 3 will be difficult, if not impossible. Even the lower levels may be unattainable for some players.

Sorry, it was a fairly decent idea, but the 'Devs' (in the absolute loosest sense of the word) managed to pretty much bite the big green weenie, yet again.

. . . mk

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Folks, this is not as great a thing as you might want to believe. With the changing of the Rogue movement to last, completing Level 3 will be difficult, if not impossible. Even the lower levels may be unattainable for some players.

Sorry, it was a fairly decent idea, but the 'Devs' (in the absolute loosest sense of the word) managed to pretty much bite the big green weenie, yet again.

. . . mk

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean. I just played an encounter in GE with 1 Rail + 7 Rogues and the enemy units targeted my Rogues first which allowed me to win just as easily as I have done previously.

DeletedUser108379

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean. I just played an encounter in GE with 1 Rail + 7 Rogues and the enemy units targeted my Rogues first which allowed me to win just as easily as I have done previously.

They target the Rogues first, yes
So far so fine
But in the next round, they almost ever target your rail first, if it is in range. And therefore one very often looses the rail, but maybe no rogue.
As long as one only does the GE with one wave, no problem, in that case better rail than rogues, because one can recruit a rail faster than a rogues.
But if there are two waves? Like in the third always? If you loose the rail in the first wave, than you just have no chance.
So the change is a real problem.

DeletedUser6065

Partially.

The real problem is that with Rogues moving last, they can get caught at the rear of the battle field, and not engage until their second turn.

Here's how it is:

Old way:
1. Rogues move somewhere in the early move sequence.
2. Rogues get hit and turn (this is if you advance wanting this to happen. Sometimes we do want to hide in a corner).
3. Rogues engage. Enemy losses.
4. Your 'reals' move. More enemy losses.

New way:
1. Range units hit Rogues.
2. Rogues advance, but cannot engage (not even if they become 'Fasts').
3. Enemy units advance engage X number of times.
4. IF there are 4 or more enemy units advancing before your next Rogue/Whatever sequence, your gonna lose 2 units
especially if there are short range units in the Combat Table. Probably your reals will be lost, but it really doesn't matter, does it?
5. If you lose 2 units in the first battle, you are most likely finished for a 2 wave attack.
6. Much of 3rd level, and some of 2nd level will contain some combination of short/long range units that equal 4.

For example, I just went against 4 Artillery and 4 Rifles. Piece of cake, right? 7 Rogues + 1 Cavalry.
Nope. Rogue/Cavalry never made it into battle. 4 Rifles and 4 Rogues, and a lot of luck was what was needed. Even so, I lost 1 and another had 1 life left.

The issue of hitting reals first does not occur in the old format, unless of course you just haul balls out first thing with your reals and that's the only thing the enemy can hit. It is a very real problem now, but you can still win 1 wave battles. Not so much 2 wave.

Since Rogue introduction, so many have 'OoooAwwwed' over the dual identity. It was the Rogue movement that gave the power to work effectively. Second lives are no good if they can't be used to your advantage. And now, they can't.

. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105222

Hi all,

This thread is for questions and feedback on our upcoming Guild Champions addition to Guild Expeditions. Im sure there will be lots of questions, so ask away below.
its a great idea , because its cross worlds and I play several different ones is it possible I could be competing against myself , ie a guild in houndsmoor im in in same group as a guild i'm in in east nag ? if so that would be funny

DeletedUser5180

really looking forward to this, is it possible to communicate with other guilds cross-world in this.?

DeletedUser4195

So the championship is up and running and already I'm confused. My guild on A world is shown as number one but so is my guild on E. Surely if it is across worlds then only one of them can be right?

DeletedUser17143

Its not all guilds, but a select number (max of 7) taken from across all worlds. You cant have a guild with 80 members up against a guild with 10. The chances that a guild with 80 could get near a 100% is low, but a guild with 10 could be easy.

There is also a bug now when you start a battle in GE. The event screen pops up.

DeletedUser96901

So the championship is up and running and already I'm confused. My guild on A world is shown as number one but so is my guild on E. Surely if it is across worlds then only one of them can be right?
actually 14% of all guilds with 3 or more members are number 1 :lol:

because each championship has only 7 guild fighting for place 1
and those are from different worlds (maybe not all)

DeletedUser4195

Ok thanks. I didn't get that from the announcement that's probably my fault.

DeletedUser109296

For the most part I like it, except the grouping the Up & Coming guild in H world is part of. We have 52 members, Ranked 230 & we're up against 3 top 10 guilds with about 70 members. Their top players are highly advanced, our top players are CA & LMA. This is nowhere near fair!

DeletedUser108379

.... Their top players are highly advanced, our top players are CA & LMA. This is nowhere near fair!
Since it only counts how many encounters are won, the era the player are in is not very important. And if your guild is very active than you have a good chance, the bigger the guild, the more do not participate in GE, well mostly.

DeletedUser15501

For the most part I like it, except the grouping the Up & Coming guild in H world is part of. We have 52 members, Ranked 230 & we're up against 3 top 10 guilds with about 70 members. Their top players are highly advanced, our top players are CA & LMA. This is nowhere near fair!

Going up against guilds with more members is actually an advantage for you. As for the grouping against stronger guilds, that's just how competitions work. If your top players aren't even in PE or higher (for Alcatraz) then you can't really expect to be able to compete in GC yet. Work on getting stronger by getting an Alcatraz and leveling your fighting GB's and you might have a chance at competing for the top spots later.

DeletedUser96901

it is not fair that you aren't a champion because you aren't advanced enough ?

sorry. but that's how things works
better players get better places

average players can't win championship

and players who can't do a complete expedition shouldn't complain about not being champion
they should get better and start completing it first

Work on getting stronger by getting an Alcatraz and leveling your fighting GB's and you might have a chance at competing for the top spots later.
first comes: completing the GE
then maybe: being a champion
;)

DeletedUser11899

A pair of suggestions:

- Show the total number of championships/weeks:

when you see a guild with 4 golden cups you probably think 'damn!, those guys are good'
if you see the same 4 golden cups but on the 18th championship/week you should think: 'cool!, a lazy gang'

- A new tab showing the GC ranking
This weekly championship should have a scoreboard (like Olimpics medal ranking)