• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
But yesterday Forge said on FB "There are a range of factors involved in pairing guilds for GBG. Guild ID is not one of them. In the higher levels, there is less chance of it being mixed because there is a small pool of guilds in that level. It has nothing to do with guild creation date. "
Interesting if that is true, and they are using a different algorithm that exactly matches the algorithm that some players have figured out.
Maybe it's just a FB mod that doesn't know any better.

Last edited:

L0rien

Private
So - soon we'll see someone who creates a small script that can easily predict guild matches and map positions with a touch of a button :rolleyes:
That completely matches Inno's set up that is done without using guild id - i wonder what it is they use that isnt guild id, but works in the same way?

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Interesting if that is true, and they are using a different algorithm that exactly matches the algorithm that some players has figured out.
Maybe it's just a FB mod that doesn't know any better.

The mods on Facebook don't know, mods on forums don't know, and the people answering customer support tickets don't know -- because these are all volunteers, they're interviewed and trained or given a script/rules to follow, but I have known some players who got these positions and have some insight how it works. You've seen the "Dear kings and queens, do you like helping your fellow players, join our team" recruiting messages? Those positions are not compensated with real money - I'll leave you to guess how they are compensated - and they know no more about the game than you or I do (for the most part.)

So first they will deny or refute what players post, and say that we, the players, and they, also players and volunteers, don't know anything without "official word." Great, go get official word. That's the part where they tell us "your feedback has been forwarded."
  • We have been seeing the same repeating seasons for months with our own eyes.
  • We have found and tested an algorithm that checks out, across many leagues on many servers, showing why we're stuck on repeat with the same matches, the same guilds, even the same board positions every season in GBG.
  • Please stop telling us it's some unknowable thing or in our imagination.
Players are frustrated, and we want Innogames to address it.
I am tired of the same seasons myself, and seeing new posts every season about "we got the same again". "leagues are broken", "gbg is broken", "matches are not random and it's ruining the game" -- as players desperately try to describe wtf is wrong, and worse seeing those dismissed or ignored.

Last edited:
3. Calculation of the number of board with 7 guild:
Take the number of all guilds in the same league (e.g., Diamond), divided by 8: and
- If the remainder is 1, then there will be 7 groups with 7 guilds
- If the remainder is 2, then there will be 6 groups with 7 guilds
- If the remainder is 3, then there will be 5 groups with 7 guilds
- If the remainder is 4, then there will be 4 groups with 7 guilds
- If the remainder is 5, then there will be 3 groups with 7 guilds
- If the remainder is 6, then there will be 2 groups with 7 guilds
- If the remainder is 7, then there will be 1 groups with 7 guilds
Not sure I get this. What do you mean by "the remainder"?

In this season we have 53 diamond guilds in my main world.
So: 53/8 = 6.625
What's the remainder? 6? The decimal?
That doesn't add up.
That would be 2 groups with 7 guilds (according to the list above) = 14 guilds
That leaves 39 guilds (53-14), but that doesn't divide with 8 (39/8 = 4.875)

It would add up if the remainder is 5.
That's 3 groups with 7 guilds = 21 guilds.
53-21 = 32 guilds left = 4 groups of 8 guilds.

How can the remainder of 53 / 8 be 5 ?

Not sure I get this. What do you mean by "the remainder"?

In this season we have 53 diamond guilds in my main world.
So: 53/8 = 6.625
What's the remainder? 6? The decimal?
That doesn't add up.
That would be 2 groups with 7 guilds (according to the list above) = 14 guilds
That leaves 39 guilds (53-14), but that doesn't divide with 8 (39/8 = 4.875)

It would add up if the remainder is 5.
That's 3 groups with 7 guilds = 21 guilds.
53-21 = 32 guilds left = 4 groups of 8 guilds.

How can the remainder of 53 / 8 be 5 ?
Forget it, sorry. I lost my math somewhere and forgot what remainder means :lol:
53/8 not possible. The closest you can get is 8x6 = 48. So the remainder is 53-48 = 5 (lesson to myself learnt)

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Forget it, sorry. I lost my math somewhere and forgot what remainder means :lol:
53/8 not possible. The closest you can get is 8x6 = 48. So the remainder is 53-48 = 5 (lesson to myself)
Deal in whole numbers, yes. You can get there from the decimal too, because math doesn't lie:
53/8 = 6.625
and the decimal remainder is literally describing how many leftover parts of a group of 8 you have. to see the whole number representation of that, you multiply the decimal remainder .625 x 8 = 5. it works both ways :)

And yes I've seen confirmations from several US servers, EN, beta, and DE. No one who looked has a GBG map/match that doesn't fit the pattern.

Would like an easy way to see LP's from all guilds at once. As it is now you have to check the guild profiles one by one. That's a lot of work to do just to know the matchup for the next season.

Last edited:

L0rien

Private
It was a pain, but was determined to prove a point by then!

I looked at Project Phoenix (PP1) and their baby guild Pʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx 2 (PP2) who are always together: their 2nd guild is weaker but does well in the match ups due to being protected by PP1 who is strongest on map of any of the guilds and can take the two inner circles in first day

Their IDs were very similar, and I was like .. this is surely why

Then I checked rest of our match, and then when still told I was wrong did it for whole of EN2 and posted it on forums

Seems like it changed since mid Feb, so they have benefited unfairly from this pairing since then. The guilds pushed out have been waiting for the time we’d get PP2 on their own because we knew we were stronger than them on their own, but it never happened.... and now we know why, and under current system it never will

But all the time it continues, players inPP2 are getting stronger due to the farmed rewards that they get, simply because we are stuck in a match with one strong guild who never gets put in with another group of guilds.

L0rien

Private
And the reason PP1 are a stronger "new" guild is because they were an old established guild called NoPay Diamonds, which was deleted by the founder - so over night all the players in this established guild went into a new one, so it has a larger Guild ID number.
They are an anomaly of being an old established guild that's been running for years but with a high Guild ID due to starting again in a new guild because theirs was deleted.

And the reason PP1 are a stronger "new" guild is because they were an old established guild called NoPay Diamonds, which was deleted by the founder - so over night all the players in this established guild went into a new one, so it has a larger Guild ID number.
They are an anomaly of being an old established guild that's been running for years but with a high Guild ID due to starting again in a new guild because theirs was deleted.
Smart. New trend in GBG exploits.

It was a pain, but was determined to prove a point by then!
I've done it now :D With all the Diamond guilds this season in my main world, Dinegu. That took a while. Looked up all the ID's and all the LP's and sorted the guilds by ID.
Now I have all those ID's listed, which makes it a little easier, if I want to do it again. I'd still have to look up all the LP's again though to make a new calculation. Not sure it's worth the trouble just to find out how the next matchup will be.

Last edited:

Manuel Laboria

I've done it now :D With all the Diamond guilds this season in my main world, Dinegu. That took a while. Looked up all the ID's and all the LP's and sorted the guilds by ID.
Now I have all those ID's listed, which makes it a little easier, if I want to do it again. I'd still have to look up all the LP's again though to make a new calculation. Not sure it's worth the trouble just to find out how the next matchup will be.

will largely be the same matches anyway :lol:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Figure out the next matchups - want to see if I am battling you or Slayers Team6 again!

Yes, we've also lost a few of our best fighters to top guilds, because they don't get enough chances to "farm rewards" when we're up against the toughest 1000 LP guilds. Very often - like many other guilds do - we try to stay below 1000 LP but above 900, so we can stay in Diamond but with more equal competition. That way we can get more fights done, and we don't risk losing our top fighters. It feels quite awkward though to hold back to try to "win" a lower position.
Awkward is an understatement. Where is the competition when your strategy is to try to finish 5th or 6th so that you can drop down a league to give you some sort of a chance of progression? Backwards is a more appropriate word to use.
Now you have two battles going on on the same map. Two guilds battling for 1st and 2nd and the others trying to do LESS than each to slot into the bottom end of the table.
It's a complete and utter shambles!!

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Would like an easy way to see LP's from all guilds at once. As it is now you have to check the guild profiles one by one. That's a lot of work to do just to know the matchup for the next season.

But the idea is not to know we'll be stuck in Groundhog day every season? The point of exposing this is hopefully that someone with the ability to fix it will stop ignoring GBG league/rank/matching problems.

Players are frustrated, and we want Innogames to address it.
I am tired of the same seasons myself, and seeing new posts every season about "we got the same again". "leagues are broken", "gbg is broken", "matches are not random and it's ruining the game" -- as players desperately try to describe wtf is wrong, and worse seeing those dismissed or ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the idea is not to know we'll be stuck in Groundhog day every season? The point of exposing this is hopefully that someone with the ability to fix it will stop ignoring GBG league/rank/matching problems.
Of course. It's nice to be able to predict exactly who you're up against next season. But the points of all this is, of course, to let Inno know that they need to change the algorithm (again).
Testing of the new algorithm on live servers over now! It didn't work. Too bad. Sorting guilds by ID in GBG was a bad idea. Try something else.
Roll it back to randomness or whatever better solution that doesn't put us in almost the same guild matchups every season.
Asap. Please.

Last edited:

L0rien

Private
Project Phoenix are the guild that rebuilt from No Pay Diamonds, they didn’t plan on switching to a higher guild ID- it was a founder - maybe after too many bottles of pop that deleted it one night - the other guild mates woke up to find themselves out of a guild, and the guild not existing anymore... but they started again from a stronger point than most guilds starting out in that they already had a great team together built up over years - and they were mad enough to put lots effort into building a new guild. Also many players from different guilds jumped in to help them take land in GVG and donate to treasury to help them raise their level again as they felt bad for them, including me, lol.
So PP now find themselves with a high guild ID, and because of the reasons above are a lot stronger than new guilds starting out in the more usual way.
They created a second guild, Project Phoenix 2 which has a very similar guild ID and, without understanding or intent, have created the ideal way to exploit farming in GBG.