• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

OrionMnt

Corporal
Within my guild, we always age up when the new BG round starts, and we always pay with older age goods (negotes and sector slot buildings) and fight against older age troops, but you get the newer age rewards),

Within my guild, we always age up when the new BG round starts, and we always pay with older age goods (negotes and sector slot buildings) and fight against older age troops, but you get the newer age rewards),
Yeah, I know that about the neg's and the troops. Just not sure about the building prices, if someone ages up in the middle of a season

If you age up to SAV after GBG starts, do you then have to pay Venus goods for GBG buildings?
(General question for all age-ups, really, just a current issue for SAV right now)

I think I know the answer already, actually.
If a guild member ages up, there's an immediate chance that you have to pay goods from the new age for GBG buildings.
Just want someone to confirm this.
Just had a look at my gbg building costs, there's nothing above SAAB :)

r21r

Major-General
If you age up to SAV after GBG starts, do you then have to pay Venus goods for GBG buildings?
(General question for all age-ups, really, just a current issue for SAV right now)

I think I know the answer already, actually.
If a guild member ages up, there's an immediate chance that you have to pay goods from the new age for GBG buildings.
Just want someone to confirm this.
just make sure you do 1 fight on GBG before you move up

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
1618534833835.png

Was not planned in the slightest, a perfect tie By complete accident. First time to see that, haha

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
why should we deliberately loose our winning record because inno cocked up?????

The thing is, eventually enough other guilds hit Diamond that even if you stay in diamond, over extremely long periods of time you do sometimes randomly do get into gbg's with other guilds.

Its rare but at least it can happen "sometimes"

it is stupid though that the only way to force it to happen, is to lose on purpose

If you do not want to fight the same endless fight over and over - finish 5th or lower. Lose some VP. If you are at 1000LP in Diamond League, you cannot gain any more LP, so if you finish 4th or higher, then of course you are still in the same bracket.
Why though? Surely if we finish 4th then we should be up against others that finished in 4th?
We still want to play the game and are too good a guild for the lower league. All we want (and I speak for a lot of guilds here, not just our own) is a FAIR fight. Obviously we'd expect to meet the top guilds every so often but not every god damn season!
If we were grouped with guilds that positioned the same as us it would give us all a chance of a finishing in a higher position the following season. Then it would be fair when you meet the better guilds the season after that. You'd yo-yo a bit, but would get to play against a variety of guilds rather than the same ones for evermore.
It's not much of an incentive to want to finish at the bottom of the table each time. And the only way to do that is to stop playing, which really defeats the whole object of playing a game!

Mandolyn

Private
No you don't. When you age up after GBG starts, you still use the goods or units from the age before. Likewise with buildings, you use the goods for the ages of the Guildies that they're in or the age below, if they aged up after the start of GBG. The rewards in goods and units are of the new age...hope it makes sense

No you don't. When you age up after GBG starts, you still use the goods or units from the age before. Likewise with buildings, you use the goods for the ages of the Guildies that they're in or the age below, if they aged up after the start of GBG. The rewards in goods and units are of the new age...hope it makes sense
Yes, thanks.

r21r

Major-General
Never found the need to do 1 fight, always have aged up after the start of GBg and used the age below's goods and units.
a friend of mine claimed that he moved from PME to FE and found FE enemy troops, couldn't really reproduce it, but i think i can take a guess what happened.

Vesiger

Monarch
It seems to me that there are two issues here: one is the farming, which is poor game design on one level, and the other is the gap between the top guilds and everyone else, which -- in my opinion -- is probably poor game design on another level in that it probably shouldn't be possible for guilds, however powerful, to lock everyone else out like that.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Another problem are guilds that just keep pushing themselves too far. You need to get prepared if you want to enter Diamond league, be aware that top guilds with lot of prepared members play in that league.

r21r

Major-General
@DarkUros222 untill season 12 on Noarsil world, we had 1-2 Diamond maps.
considering that those maps where filled 90% by the strongest guilds on that world and with the fact that each of those guilds had much smaller overall attrition capabilities than what they have today, putting them on the same map with guilds that came to diamond just because their cooper, silver, gold AND pllatinum maps where fairly (if not completely) inactive, they never had a chance neither to farm because no actual guilds interested while in platinum, nor wanted to be in Diamond - they just keept doing what they always did, capturing as many as they could.

as is the formula now, and many times told, you get to diamond by luck and you get crashed there, maybe things are a little better in platinum, but for sure on cooper silver and gold, there is no competition at all.

they'd better remove silver and cooper and make 2-3 concecutive play-off rounds , so no inactive guild affects the "healthy" competition, maybe guilds will go in lower leagues than what they are now, but the formula as is now makes no sense at all impo.

Last edited:
So we're 5 days into the new season in 4th place on 24k VP. Top of our leader board are currently on 124k VP. I can quite safely say now that we're not going to catch them, nor get anywhere near them as they are sharing sectors with the 2 guilds who are in 2nd and 3rd places. 5th place only has 12k VP, so dropping down a league is completely out of the question.
We can't get anywhere near the centre of the map and barely get far from our base. And when we can make a break for it, no-one has any attrition left to get anywhere.
Just tell me this. How can it be deemed to be fair when we have no chance of breaking this endless tiresome cycle?

Attachments

• 2021-04-20.png
    2021-04-20.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • 2021-04-20 (3).png
    2021-04-20 (3).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
@DarkUros222 untill season 12 on Noarsil world, we had 1-2 Diamond maps.
considering that those maps where filled 90% by the strongest guilds on that world and with the fact that each of those guilds had much smaller overall attrition capabilities than what they have today, putting them on the same map with guilds that came to diamond just because their cooper, silver, gold AND pllatinum maps where fairly (if not completely) inactive, they never had a chance neither to farm because no actual guilds interested while in platinum, nor wanted to be in Diamond - they just keept doing what they always did, capturing as many as they could.

as is the formula now, and many times told, you get to diamond by luck and you get crashed there, maybe things are a little better in platinum, but for sure on cooper silver and gold, there is no competition at all.

they'd better remove silver and cooper and make 2-3 concecutive play-off rounds , so no inactive guild affects the "healthy" competition, maybe guilds will go in lower leagues than what they are now, but the formula as is now makes no sense at all impo.
Gap between Platinum and Diamond is big, I could notice that from the experience of my guild that consists of 8 GbG active players. Guilds with such alow amount of members cannot accomplish sectors takeover as fast as guilds with many GbG active members can. Most of Diamond guilds are guilds that consist of lot of active GbG players that can share Diamonds earned through various ways equally so they can build SCs fast.