• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I would like to have GBG ranking
instead of showing on guild wall what league - guild wall to show how many #1, #2, #3 places the guild have

I'd be against that, purely on the basis that ranking place inside GBG doesn't matter (the reward differences are tiny, and the personal rewards you get inside are A LOT more, you can get like 4-5 or more SoH levels a GBG, thousands and thousands of FP ect just from the farm) and all that would do is discourage people even more in weaker guilds as they'd more visually see how badly they are doing.

If they only reason you (or other players) are playing or leaving this game is due to GbG, then maybe part of the problem is that you (and they) are focusing too much attention on only one part of the game. The primary purpose should be expanding and building up your city, with the PvP style as a part of the game. But if PvP style game is all that you are interested in, then you most likely should be playing something else.
Everything about this game is focused on battling in some way or another. Most of the event buildings have some sort of military usage. The whole point is to build a city strong enough to participate in PvP, GvG, GE, GBG and fight your way across the continent map.
If the battle element of the game isn't what we're supposed to be focused on, then what is?

Mandolyn

Private
Well lets face it, they spent all that effort to block farming on GvG, only to open a feature that is ideally designed for farming and botting :(
Which will lead to the death of the game in the end, no doubt, because who would like to continually play against bots and know you don't stand a chance no matter what.
In that respect, I have to quote some of my Guildies' (across my worlds) discussions on where they feel GBG is taking FoE:
1) GBG is about farming and they nailed it ! I personally believe long term, GBG will kill the small/new guilds and stunt the growth of the game as peeps join the bigger stronger guilds.
2) Then it should be rebranded as GFG in that case. Seriously though, the other guild I'm in is top dog #1 in the land League Table and we've had some right ding-dong battles with our main arch rival. I mean all-hands-on-deck, full-on max attrition from the get-go, securing sectors in a matter of seconds in order to gain control of the centre and surrounding ring. It's quite something to behold, when you have 40-odd guild members all gunning for that outcome in the opening moments of a season, especially when racing a rival neck-and-neck to secure a sector and pipping them - nothing saps an opponents spirit than failing despite their best effort.
3) Or maybe it's a cunning ploy to make people lose interest so they can then justify pulling the plug and calling time on FoE.

Perhaps, they are all saying the same as most of us, that GBG is a broken, mismatched aspect of the game that is placing undue stress on the player, and negating having fun while strategizing in gameplay:(

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Which will lead to the death of the game in the end, no doubt, because who would like to continually play against bots and know you don't stand a chance no matter what.
In that respect, I have to quote some of my Guildies' (across my worlds) discussions on where they feel GBG is taking FoE:
1) GBG is about farming and they nailed it ! I personally believe long term, GBG will kill the small/new guilds and stunt the growth of the game as peeps join the bigger stronger guilds.
2) Then it should be rebranded as GFG in that case. Seriously though, the other guild I'm in is top dog #1 in the land League Table and we've had some right ding-dong battles with our main arch rival. I mean all-hands-on-deck, full-on max attrition from the get-go, securing sectors in a matter of seconds in order to gain control of the centre and surrounding ring. It's quite something to behold, when you have 40-odd guild members all gunning for that outcome in the opening moments of a season, especially when racing a rival neck-and-neck to secure a sector and pipping them - nothing saps an opponents spirit than failing despite their best effort.
3) Or maybe it's a cunning ploy to make people lose interest so they can then justify pulling the plug and calling time on FoE.

Perhaps, they are all saying the same as most of us, that GBG is a broken, mismatched aspect of the game that is placing undue stress on the player, and negating having fun while strategizing in gameplay:(

In Beta the developer postsed about GbG around the time it was due in Beta and admitted that it was designed two fold a) to bring more mobile players into fighting because GvG was not on mobile, guessing why indervidual rewards so much better in GbG and b) that it was desined to lower the treasuries of the big guilds (it pretty much failed there)

Re you point about GbG being about farming, its not in the top guilds, 90% of goods come from special buildings and GB's - look at any top guild and see the number of low age players with L80 ARC's thats intentional to provide guilds with daily goods, basically if you fight in GvG GBG GE and have L80 ARC most top guilds will find a place for you.

Knight of ICE

In Beta the developer postsed about GbG around the time it was due in Beta and admitted that it was designed two fold a) to bring more mobile players into fighting because GvG was not on mobile, guessing why indervidual rewards so much better in GbG and b) that it was desined to lower the treasuries of the big guilds (it pretty much failed there)

While the info is correct, it is not something a developer would post. That type of info usually comes from a CM, so I think you might mean that.

Knight of ICE

The devs did post quite a lot of info when Gbg was released on beta and where active on the feedback thread.

Those seem to be Inno CM's not devs. Devs do visit the beta forum sometimes, but as far as I have seen it is rare. Just do not want that people get the impression they are actively watching the forum. As far as I know they don't. Again, that is my impression. If I am wrong you can always show me.

Forwandert

Major-General
Those seem to be Inno CM's not devs. Devs do visit the beta forum sometimes, but as far as I have seen it is rare. Just do not want that people get the impression they are actively watching the forum. As far as I know they don't. Again, that is my impression. If I am wrong you can always show me.

Oh I agree it's rare. Not trying to give the impression theres usually communication with players on the forums with devs because it's non existent. If they are reading we wouldnt know either way which is why it stood out so much at the time as being unusual enough for me to remember.

Had a look but the one that stood out as specifically being labelled as a dev and was giving a lot more technical info during release is now a deleted member. They definately wasnt a CM or inhouse CM though.

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
Oh I agree it's rare. Not trying to give the impression theres usually communication with players on the forums with devs because it's non existent. If they are reading we wouldnt know either way which is why it stood out so much at the time as being unusual enough for me to remember.

Had a look but the one that stood out as specifically being labelled as a dev and was giving a lot more technical info during release is now a deleted member. They definately wasnt a CM or inhouse CM though.

Yep I saw the guy in FB live answering questions on GBG and the same guy was on the beta forum...

Knight of ICE

Fair enough. I have seen a dev post on Beta, so it can happen. Just want to prevent new posters to think it is common.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Feedback is forwarded, so devs are aware of the very many opinions on GBG. Does not mean they have to agree with it, or act on it.
the figures there interested in are activity and diamond sales, one can only presume more activity will lead to more sales, so who cares about game play ? just bring out new buildings every month with an attack or defence boost and sit back and laugh all the way to the bank

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
Hello,
is fighting againts the same guilds in GB again and again some kind of new game experience INNO wants to introduce? Because it is not so much fun to have the same guilds again and again.

yep the matching system is broken, think this is the 5th round we have had the same opponents, not encouraging the diamond spend I can tell you, maybe they are trying to kill it off, as every round we loose a little bit more enthusiasm for it and eventually I can see it just being ignored

and these feeling from a guild member of a guild who have not lost a round since the 8th July last year (so it's not that we are matched with opponent's who are to powerful it's we are matched with opponent's who are not strong enough

I am a leader of a #1 guild on one of czech servers and we fight againts 3 very strong cooperating guilds (without an ally) again and again. We fought so well that we even got an offering not to fight but to farm together. But this is not a solution of the problem - it doesn´t matter if we would farm in 4 guilds or fight, because our other competitors share the map with only one strong guild and farm hapilly for 6th or 7th round now. I am not a fan of farming in GB, I like the challenge only fight can bring but even I will have to deal with the fact that our fighters will drop behind the ones from guilds with more luck. I really cannot understand why INNO made this completely unfair advantage of certain guilds and players possible.

Here we go again!
So we've finished 4th again and low and behold, we are up against the same 3 guilds that have locked us out of the previous two seasons!
Tell me how this system isn't broken when no matter how well/poor you do, you'll always get the same opponents (rubbing their hands again) to reward you for your efforts.
It's now even a struggle to drop down a league because the three guilds below us aren't doing much so it's hard to drop below them without just not playing for a season.
Tell your guild that they're not to touch GBG for a whole season and then watch them all go to different guilds, leaving you with even less chance of progress. Another two left our guild this week to join one of the super guilds. That's knocked us about as it is.
Imagine a football league where a middle of the table team gets to play the top of the table team every week. It would become stagnant very quickly and as GBG is becoming now. We've suffered against those same three guilds (working together) above us for five out of the last six seasons with a slight break against lower guilds not adequate for us to get a decent battle out of.
Is this ever going to get sorted out? Do Inno even care??

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Here we go again!
So we've finished 4th again and low and behold, we are up against the same 3 guilds that have locked us out of the previous two seasons!
Tell me how this system isn't broken when no matter how well/poor you do, you'll always get the same opponents (rubbing their hands again) to reward you for your efforts.
If you do not want to fight the same endless fight over and over - finish 5th or lower. Lose some VP. If you are at 1000LP in Diamond League, you cannot gain any more LP, so if you finish 4th or higher, then of course you are still in the same bracket.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
If you do not want to fight the same endless fight over and over - finish 5th or lower. Lose some VP. If you are at 1000LP in Diamond League, you cannot gain any more LP, so if you finish 4th or higher, then of course you are still in the same bracket.

you are not really getting the issue are you? it has only been like this for the last 5 rounds before that different opponent's every time and we have not lost a round since 8th July last year so the issue is not our 1000LP's as we have had those since maybe March last year

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
you are not really getting the issue are you? it has only been like this for the last 5 rounds before that different opponent's every time and we have not lost a round since 8th July last year so the issue is not our 1000LP's as we have had those since maybe March last year
I do get it - and as I said, if you want to get out of that endless cycle of fighting the same over, lose some LP so you can fight with a different cycle of opponents. Not hard to get at all.

If you age up to SAV after GBG starts, do you then have to pay Venus goods for GBG buildings?
(General question for all age-ups, really, just a current issue for SAV right now)

I think I know the answer already, actually.
If a guild member ages up, there's an immediate chance that you have to pay goods from the new age for GBG buildings.
Just want someone to confirm this.

Last edited: