• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
WIll any MOD ever provide an update re GbG that is clearly broken ? Are Inno even aware / fixing this ?
Broken = bugged? Yes, then they will fix it, if the bugs are reported.
Broken = YOU don't like the way it is? Yes, possibly, but maybe unlikely.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

WIll any MOD ever provide an update re GbG that is clearly broken ? Are Inno even aware / fixing this ?

Feedback is forwarded, so devs are aware of the very many opinions on GBG. Does not mean they have to agree with it, or act on it.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Besides the constant fact that we fight the same guilds all year round that this thing just basically becomes a massive farm because people are tired of fighting and spending, so everyone just farms now.

It really has gotten boring. I just wish it was done right the first time and came out with X-server battles, it would have been entirely different then it is now. Its the same thing day out day in with a three day recruitment break since of course if you recruit during it that means 2 weeks of no Gbg potentially.

Yeah, it is painful when you get teamed up with very strong guilds, usually with at least 20 active fighters in different timezones. From my experience on the last GbG season, where my guild finished 7th in Diamond league (which proved how hard it is to play GbG in high ranks when you have a small guild, despite everyone being active fighter).
For now, best solution is swapping sectors with the top guild in GbG, so you can get to one of the top 4 places, without losing LP.
Another way is to attract active and strong fighters in your guild (which is, unfortunately, also hard nowadays).

We are a big guild with some great fighters. We're ranked 7th in our world on points, but that doesn't mean we are a match to a few of those around us on fighting ability, but still we face them week in week out. How is it even considered to be a fair contest if you're constantly up against the same guilds every time.
What I've found, especially over the past 12 months, is a lot of less experienced players joining our guild then moving on when they've established themselves and realized there are guilds out there that can give them that little bit more than we can.
I lost six of my top fighters last year to these super guilds, three of which were guild officers and one, a great GBG captain. Now I've got to try to replace them and not let my guard down, whilst fighting against them. It's turning into a nightmare, I never thought that a game I started playing for fun could cause so much stress in real life!!
It seems the only way to beat them is to join them. Which defeats the whole object really, the super guilds will just get even bigger and my guild (which I have spent the last 7 years building) will lose their leader and another top fighter.
Also, once the top two guilds decide they are working together, sector swapping goes right out of the window for the rest of us. I've got about a dozen members online now moaning because we own 3 sectors (2 of which are under attack) around our base and are locked out of the rest of the map for the next 3 hours! I wonder how many of these members I will have left by the time the next season starts?!!

We are a big guild with some great fighters. We're ranked 7th in our world on points, but that doesn't mean we are a match to a few of those around us on fighting ability, but still we face them week in week out. How is it even considered to be a fair contest if you're constantly up against the same guilds every time.
What I've found, especially over the past 12 months, is a lot of less experienced players joining our guild then moving on when they've established themselves and realized there are guilds out there that can give them that little bit more than we can.
I lost six of my top fighters last year to these super guilds, three of which were guild officers and one, a great GBG captain. Now I've got to try to replace them and not let my guard down, whilst fighting against them. It's turning into a nightmare, I never thought that a game I started playing for fun could cause so much stress in real life!!
It seems the only way to beat them is to join them. Which defeats the whole object really, the super guilds will just get even bigger and my guild (which I have spent the last 7 years building) will lose their leader and another top fighter.
Also, once the top two guilds decide they are working together, sector swapping goes right out of the window for the rest of us. I've got about a dozen members online now moaning because we own 3 sectors (2 of which are under attack) around our base and are locked out of the rest of the map for the next 3 hours! I wonder how many of these members I will have left by the time the next season starts?!!
So take a round off, drop down a league then have free reign for the next few rounds

Mandolyn

Private
When is there going to be a fair placing of guilds for GBG?
We fought hard last week with what limited space we had and could only manage to come 4th. And this time we have been placed against the same 3 guilds that beat us last time around plus one more of the top guilds giving us an even worse chance of getting away from the rim of the map!
Over the last 6 seasons we've been stuffed against the wall 5 times and the one time we were able to get onto the map, we had to encourage the other guilds to take sectors so we could take them back.
There is never any middle ground. A fair fight against 6 guilds like ourselves would make the game more interesting.
Why isn't there a system in place where all those that placed 1st play each other and so on?
To put it in context it feels like we're a second division team playing against Barcelona week in week out, then when we finally get a break, we get pit against a bunch of local teams. It's just no fun anymore.
I truly find the mismatching of guilds in GBG rather disheartening, a killer of the game and nothing short of bullying, because the top guilds actually dominate the map and other guilds are annihilated before the season is over, not giving smaller guilds opportunity to reap the rewards that GBG offer due to the sheer brawn of the so-called stronger guilds.
Playing in different worlds proved no different, as I have found the same dynamics throughout, in that guilds are shoved into a corner not being able to move on the map because of some seemingly vendetta to squash a smaller guild by sheer force.
Alliances formed between guilds perpetuates this behaviour, whereby domination rules and these alliances work together to bully other guilds into seeming submission and the general feel perceived during a season is one of 'We will show you...'
I have seen strong players leave the game and delete their cities because the fun has been taken out of the game and it has become nothing but a chore:(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210406-024132_Forge_of_Empires[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-024132_Forge_of_Empires[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20210406-022140_Forge_of_Empires[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-022140_Forge_of_Empires[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I have seen strong players leave the game and delete their cities because the fun has been taken out of the game and it has become nothing but a chore:(
If they only reason you (or other players) are playing or leaving this game is due to GbG, then maybe part of the problem is that you (and they) are focusing too much attention on only one part of the game. The primary purpose should be expanding and building up your city, with the PvP style as a part of the game. But if PvP style game is all that you are interested in, then you most likely should be playing something else.

If they only reason you (or other players) are playing or leaving this game is due to GbG, then maybe part of the problem is that you (and they) are focusing too much attention on only one part of the game. The primary purpose should be expanding and building up your city, with the PvP style as a part of the game. But if PvP style game is all that you are interested in, then you most likely should be playing something else.
Same as all the GvG fanatics who are only in the game for GvG and want to quit if GvG gets scrapped.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
From the experience of my 8 players' guild, I can confirm that many incapable guilds are focusing themselves on the Diamond league and then they just keep complaining how GbG is impossible for them. We've dropped into Platinum league and we are fantastic again.
So, if you feel like you are having too hard time in GbG, consider dropping your guild down a league and see how it goes.

Mandolyn

Private
I don't find GBG hard at all, I've been in guilds on both sides of the spectrum, i.e. dominating the map and being squashed in a corner. My moto is to make best of the situation in any event.
I still feel that the GBG matching of guilds, are unbalanced, it's demoralizing for the not so seasoned player and a chore for many a seasoned player and still feel that the matching of guilds in GBG should be looked at. As it is right now, generally speaking, it's like an army of 10 000 strong waging war against an army of a 100 strong on an open ground and expecting the army of a 100 strong to win, totally illogical and a no brainer imho.
Why not let the stronger guilds brawn it out amongst one another to take their proverbial trophies home and let the smaller guilds or the 1 man bands exercise their muscle against each other in a much fairer manner?

jonflo

Private
Hello,

I find the guild battleground really unfair some weeks. For example this week. We are only a small guild put against some of the top guilds in dingue. We have no chance of getting any sectors as the other guilds are so strong. We have 1 guild that has taken most of the sectors. This is both unfair and off putting. Why should we do any fighting if we can’t gain any sectors. I know we can win rewards but that’s not the point of being in a guild. We want to be part of a team but because we have no chance against the big guilds our guild members don’t want to take part in battleground, therefore they get put off playing the game completely and tend to leave the game.

Similar sized guilds should fight against each other otherwise guilds will stop playing battlegrounds. I have heard quite a few guilds saying the same thing. It has to be more fair. Please look into this problem. We don’t really care about moving up a league, we just want to be able to fight guilds of a similar size and strength, it will make the game more exciting and fun.

Jonflo

So take a round off, drop down a league then have free reign for the next few rounds
From the experience of my 8 players' guild, I can confirm that many incapable guilds are focusing themselves on the Diamond league and then they just keep complaining how GbG is impossible for them. We've dropped into Platinum league and we are fantastic again.
So, if you feel like you are having too hard time in GbG, consider dropping your guild down a league and see how it goes.
That's all very well. But then we become the dominating guild for one season, usually having to encourage the smaller guilds to keep up and then straight back up to the diamond league when we win.
I don't want it too easy or rock hard, just fair. Over 5,000 guilds in this world and we get matched against the same 3 or 4 every time around.
Pit all 1st places against each other and so on and it'll be different for everyone each season.

The primary purpose should be expanding and building up your city.
Yes, 7 years ago that was the case. Now I have no more expansions available and most of my buildings have military capabilities so I'm all geared up for GBG/GE/GvG. As more battle arenas have been introduced, I've engineered my city ready to take it on.
Have I been doing it all wrong? Surely all aspects of the game are equally as important? Besides, without the battle aspects of this game, you might as well be playing Farm Town.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General

Yeah, seen that drama first hand. Seen people quit, seen entire guilds disband. GBG caused a lot of drama with how badly it was setup. It heavily actively promotes you be in the best diamond spending guild on the server, so that you can farm to your hearts content and dominate everything when it comes to personal score and FP amounts. The guilds farming GBG the best will be the guilds with the highest scores and highest Great buildings. Cause that is what GBG is, a same server same guilds fighting each other farm fest day in day out.

And saying "Drop a league" is a bandaid to the solution that breaks itself every other season. The rewards lower then diamond are worse and drop less often, And your final reward is less, and if you do good, you get put into diamond and don't get far, pushing your back down?

It'd be hard to find people in guilds who'd be happy in that situation, compared to being in the guilds who farm diamond.

Then, even if you are in the top guilds farming GBG like I am in Sin with our alliance, GBG is utterly boring. I honestly found GBG fun, a lot more fun, before it was a massive farm.

That's all very well. But then we become the dominating guild for one season, usually having to encourage the smaller guilds to keep up and then straight back up to the diamond league when we win.
I don't want it too easy or rock hard, just fair. Over 5,000 guilds in this world and we get matched against the same 3 or 4 every time around.
Pit all 1st places against each other and so on and it'll be different for everyone each season.
We bounce between a couple of rounds in diamond and then back to platinum, usually for only one round. The trick is not to care and just treat it as a fp/goods/troop/diamond farming exercise.

A bad round in diamond gives me about the same as a good round in platinum.

It's hard not to care when you've put so much time into building something great.
What would I know, I've only been here 5 years.

It is a shame I've dropped out the top 50 on L thanks to point farming on gbg but it's no big deal really and all the recruitment messages from the top guilds make me laugh with their desperation :D

DeletedUser

Well lets face it, they spent all that effort to block farming on GvG, only to open a feature that is ideally designed for farming and botting :(

Gety.

Private
I would like to have GBG ranking
instead of showing on guild wall what league - guild wall to show how many #1, #2, #3 places the guild have