• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser112026

What a farce GBG is becoming when you have guilds with 70+ members up against several guilds with less than 15 and can take over the whole BattleGrounds in one day - why can’t they structure it like GE with similar sized guilds up agai each other
issue would be with that is most people don't do anything in GBG as they will win something no matter what plus rewards suck and if they don't care for the SOH thing they have no reason 2 do anything ...... make so people must do at least 100 in the full 11 days 2 win anything that's like 9 a day whats easy to do

DeletedUser112026

We are a successful guild making first or second in gold league at BG so every 2 or 3 weeks we are promoted to platinum. In platinum we meet 3 regulars and 1 other victim like us. The 3 regulars are similar sized as us but pay to play by erecting and speed competing through diamonds buildings which ensure victory. I don’t mind losing and I admire active and organised guilds. But The pay to win aspect has started to make foe look like other games that aren’t fun to play because the field is not level. We are still working out a response but maybe the best response is not to compete in platinum. It probably puts us in a better place for the next game. But what a shame.
like in all games like this people who spend to much will alway do better

Emberguard

Legend
We are a successful guild making first or second in gold league at BG so every 2 or 3 weeks we are promoted to platinum. In platinum we meet 3 regulars and 1 other victim like us. The 3 regulars are similar sized as us but pay to play by erecting and speed competing through diamonds buildings which ensure victory. I don’t mind losing and I admire active and organised guilds. But The pay to win aspect has started to make foe look like other games that aren’t fun to play because the field is not level. We are still working out a response but maybe the best response is not to compete in platinum. It probably puts us in a better place for the next game. But what a shame.
The good news is if you’d prefer gold, as long as the minimum 40 advances are achieved then platinum still gives more in last then gold gives in first. It also means you’d have 2 weeks to replenish stock for when you’re back in gold

Emberguard

Legend
issue would be with that is most people don't do anything in GBG as they will win something no matter what plus rewards suck and if they don't care for the SOH thing they have no reason 2 do anything
if the rewards suck because they don’t care about SoH, then they’re not abstaining due to receiving a reward if they do nothing (assuming other members reach the minimum needed). Because then thatd mean they care about the reward

DeletedUser96901

what a farce

a 15 men guild get the same amount of power than a 80 men guild for the same place

ridiculous

should be like in GE and they only get about 20%

DeletedUser110131

what a farce

a 15 men guild get the same amount of power than a 80 men guild for the same place

ridiculous

should be like in GE and they only get about 20%
To get the same amount of power, the 15 men would have to do the same amount of work as the 80 men. Even so, in spite of doing the same total work, they'll get less than 20% of the total benefits from the power gained, as there will only be 15 members to collect the benefits of the guild level. Why should a guild be rewarded for collecting lots of freeloaders, even more than is already the case? Any reward at all is ridiculous, if you ask me. To put it like this: rewards should be for the amount of work done by the members, not for the amount of members not doing the work.

DeletedUser96901

To get the same amount of power, the 15 men would have to do the same amount of work as the 80 men. Even so, in spite of doing the same total work, they'll get less than 20% of the total benefits from the power gained, as there will only be 15 members to collect the benefits of the guild level.
or do they get maybe 95% of the total benefits ?

because most player rewards aren't the ones they get at the end

but the rewards for fighting/negotiation
so if they do the same work they definitely NOT get less than 20% of the total benefits

and the benefits of the guild level ?
if the guild is high 7 FP a day from town hall
that is one time the FP reward in my platinum league after a fight
and I get many of them every day (except the Tuesday/Wednesday between GBG seasons)

DeletedUser96901

so here the solution for the problem; the opponent guilds are too big:
do almost nothing. get so many power for doing almost nothing at the last place

get moved down, get smaller opponents

and how many work would that be for 80-90% of the power at last place compared to first?
10%? 5? i guess less than 1%

SilverFoxes

Master Corporal
The solution is obvious, limit guild sizes to 20. That way you should be able to fill most guilds and there'll be an even playing field.

Green Sky

Private
Apologies if that has been discussed as I haven't read the 58 pages: is anyone else concerned about pay to build in GBG?
The buildings can give a massive advantage, that put guilds who are (for various reasons) not paying in quite a disadvantage.

If only one building is paid for in a sector conquered (not accounting for delays and such of course), 3300 diamonds will be spend. The 4000 diamond package costs currently €49.99.

That's a lot, isn't it?

DeletedUser

Apologies if that has been discussed as I haven't read the 58 pages: is anyone else concerned about pay to build in GBG?
The buildings can give a massive advantage, that put guilds who are (for various reasons) not paying in quite a disadvantage.

If only one building is paid for in a sector conquered (not accounting for delays and such of course), 3300 diamonds will be spend. The 4000 diamond package costs currently €49.99.

That's a lot, isn't it?
None of us are happy about the cost of GBG Buildings, it does put a damper on things. I can only advise you to not spend Diamonds on them. Try to build stocks of Goods for future use and do without Buildings until you do. Short-term losses against long-term gains.

Green Sky

Private
None of us are happy about the cost of GBG Buildings, it does put a damper on things. I can only advise you to not spend Diamonds on them. Try to build stocks of Goods for future use and do without Buildings until you do. Short-term losses against long-term gains.
I'm not paying. I'm just concerned about the fairness of the contest.

Agent327

Overlord
What a farce GBG is becoming when you have guilds with 70+ members up against several guilds with less than 15 and can take over the whole BattleGrounds in one day - why can’t they structure it like GE with similar sized guilds up agai each other

Why can't you read the announcements that tell you about this?

Agent327

Overlord

So you are nor willing to read 58 pages, but those that answer should give the same answer for the 58th time. Makes perfect sense.

That's a lot, isn't it?

Not to those wou can afford it.

DeletedUser

I've had a bunch of Invites and Msgs, attempting to recruit me to Guilds who have the avowed intention of reaching 80 Members. I get where they're coming from of course and wish them good fortune. The mergers and Guild hopping seems to be at an all time high as idle Players are finally being dropped. The GBG feature has brought this situation to a head and, if it continues will result in multiple big Guilds solely made up of the most active Players. The idle beggars don't seem to be catching on either, which is something of a shame. The fact that they have been idle, lazy hangers-on is the sole responsibility of the Guilds who were more interested in quantity over quality. I'm not certain about Inno limiting Guild sizes though, it seems a bit too "Big Brother" to me.
LOL, just had a thought: will there now be new Guilds for idle Players or, perhaps they can't be bothered?