• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Well reset has come and gone - no Guild points added - a loss of 143,500 points - and No GvG points for sectors held for 2 days either

Deleted member 109369

Well - at least the GbG points showed up now

If you are experiencing an issue with receiving your guild power, please contact support. Guild power is added at recalculation time which is 8 pm server time.

DeletedUser111693

Okay here is my feedback after two Seasons of Battlegrounds:

In my opinion there is two main things and one minor thing that need to change about the battlegrounds feature to make it enjoyable in the long run:

1. We need to make this a server wide competition. In the world I play in there is only three really competitive guilds - which get matched together of course. The problem is that it will get very boring to fight the same two enemies every season, for ever until the end of days. Why don't you make it like GE, where we compete against guilds from other worlds to keep the pool of competitive guild filled to a reasonable level.

2. I have two seperate issues with the way sector buildings work as of right now:
a) Being able to instantly complete buildings with a player's own diamonds gives battlegrounds too much of a pay-to-win feeling for my taste. Sure it is possible to win without buildings at all. But right now the best strategy to win is to conquer the middle sectors and put 3 palaces in each sector instantly so that you can collect the vp from it as often as possible (4 or 5 times depending on the timing of things). If one of the guilds pays diamonds to use the instant build feature and the others dont the diamond paying guild gets a guaranteed win - so the only strategy to avoid losing is spending diamonds as well, which makes this a competition of who can spend the most diamonds. And at that point it stops being about who can get the guild working as a team best, but who has the deepest pockets and richest (RL) players.

b) Being able to delete buildings defeats the purpose of having a chance to claim the buildings of the other guilds, as we always delete our buildings shortly before they conquer the sector. Sure we can only delete one of our 3 palaces because they claim the sector the moment we remove the building, but still - this isnt the case for other buildings like traps or siege camps. So in my opinion, deleting buildings should not be possible at all - or taking over buildings from the enemy shouldnt be possible at all. One of these two things would be good for the long time enjoyment of the battlegrounds.

c) The minor thing I would enjoy to see happening is the implementation of a better log system. At the moment if you want to see who is being active on the maps you need to track players contribution numbers by memorizing them or taking a silly amount of screenshots. A very easy and usefull way to improve this behaviour is having the contribtion overview stats being displyed like this:

"Player a" 101 (+32) fights
The 101 is the amount of fights player a did prior to the last vp calculation (full hour).
The (+32) means how many fights that person has done since the last VP calculation (full hour).

As always, these are just my opinions, and you are welcome to disagree.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Okay here is my feedback after two Seasons of Battlegrounds:

In my opinion there is two main things and one minor thing that need to change about the battlegrounds feature to make it enjoyable in the long run:

1. We need to make this a server wide competition. In the world I play in there is only three really competitive guilds - which get matched together of course. The problem is that it will get very boring to fight the same two enemies every season, for ever until the end of days. Why don't you make it like GE, where we compete against guilds from other worlds to keep the pool of competitive guild filled to a reasonable level.

2. I have two seperate issues with the way sector buildings work as of right now:
a) Being able to instantly complete buildings with a player's own diamonds gives battlegrounds too much of a pay-to-win feeling for my taste. Sure it is possible to win without buildings at all. But right now the best strategy to win is to conquer the middle sectors and put 3 palaces in each sector instantly so that you can collect the vp from it as often as possible (4 or 5 times depending on the timing of things). If one of the guilds pays diamonds to use the instant build feature and the others dont the diamond paying guild gets a guaranteed win - so the only strategy to avoid losing is spending diamonds as well, which makes this a competition of who can spend the most diamonds. And at that point it stops being about who can get the guild working as a team best, but who has the deepest pockets and richest (RL) players.

b) Being able to delete buildings defeats the purpose of having a chance to claim the buildings of the other guilds, as we always delete our buildings shortly before they conquer the sector. Sure we can only delete one of our 3 palaces because they claim the sector the moment we remove the building, but still - this isnt the case for other buildings like traps or siege camps. So in my opinion, deleting buildings should not be possible at all - or taking over buildings from the enemy shouldnt be possible at all. One of these two things would be good for the long time enjoyment of the battlegrounds.

c) The minor thing I would enjoy to see happening is the implementation of a better log system. At the moment if you want to see who is being active on the maps you need to track players contribution numbers by memorizing them or taking a silly amount of screenshots. A very easy and usefull way to improve this behaviour is having the contribtion overview stats being displyed like this:

"Player a" 101 (+32) fights
The 101 is the amount of fights player a did prior to the last vp calculation (full hour).
The (+32) means how many fights that person has done since the last VP calculation (full hour).

As always, these are just my opinions, and you are welcome to disagree.
agree with this from word to word.

Fulhamguy

Corporal
Agree with above but I would also ask for some help for GbG leader(s)
Whether it is:
1) Putting flags where to go and not to go preferably with numbers for priorities
2) Blocking your guild from attacking certain provinces
3) Removing a flag - I like this but it could be abused by doing a load of battles and removing a flag and repeating, so would have to have some sort of restrictions I guess
4) Some way of telling who has attacked certain provinces so we know who has attacked the wrong area
5) I am sure there are other ideas.
Please please we need some sort of help. I would like to open our guild up but we would end up with players who dont know what they are doing and we wouldnt be able to identify them or it could be one of the original players. It is the not knowing which is really annoying.

Agree with above but I would also ask for some help for GbG leader(s)
Whether it is:
1) Putting flags where to go and not to go preferably with numbers for priorities
2) Blocking your guild from attacking certain provinces
3) Removing a flag - I like this but it could be abused by doing a load of battles and removing a flag and repeating, so would have to have some sort of restrictions I guess
4) Some way of telling who has attacked certain provinces so we know who has attacked the wrong area
5) I am sure there are other ideas.
Please please we need some sort of help. I would like to open our guild up but we would end up with players who dont know what they are doing and we wouldnt be able to identify them or it could be one of the original players. It is the not knowing which is really annoying.
-1 would make it another GvG bore

Fulhamguy

Corporal
Nothing ever happens, was a bit of action with 3 resets but has gone back to nothing again now.

Haven't touched GvG for a month and still hold all the sectors I had before
Guess we are lucky that certain guilds like to shake it up a bit, it is not very usual to have the same guild at the top for long.

-1 also if it were an actual a suggestion or proposal
as for removing the finish instantly with diamonds - not going to happen.

So far GbG seems pretty fair to me - large guild fight amongst themselves in their own leagues and can't hog the whole map up like they do in GvG. Bringing in guilds from other worlds would create the same problems that GvG has.

Please Do Not Create the same situation in GbG - no need to kill it before the 1st year is up.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
-1 also if it were an actual a suggestion or proposal
as for removing the finish instantly with diamonds - not going to happen.

So far GbG seems pretty fair to me - large guild fight amongst themselves in their own leagues and can't hog the whole map up like they do in GvG. Bringing in guilds from other worlds would create the same problems that GvG has.

Please Do Not Create the same situation in GbG - no need to kill it before the 1st year is up.
about what are you talking??? All this guilds want to compete between themselfs and to prove who is best, why to not let them do it, why not make GBG with guilds from diferent worlds???

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I am wondering how exactly did Inno address the attrition table issue, as I do not see much difference, if anything, it's even harder now to fight somehow I'm losing more with 50 attrition then I did with 70 attrition before the update, did you reduce attrition costs by a small % but increase the difficulty to fight or? I'm confused

I don't know about your MMR. But how can you seriously place guilds with 2 or 3 members on a GBG with 2 guilds with 30 - 40 members? Leagues and MMR should make sure that guilds of equal strength fight each others. Those guilds are clearly not of the same strength and will hog the map in no time.

I have to disagree with that one. One strong member can be as effective as 10 weak members. The 30-40 member guilds are just passing thru the leagues on their way up. Give it time for things to settle out. It take quite of bit of data to average out. Some will go up in leagues quickly and then drop back down again, however, if inno doesn't toy with the functions and gives everything a chance to settle - ignoring the endless whinings of the few here - then we will have a better idea of how everything is progressing. If they keep tweaking it before they know what's going on - the end result WILL BE - A screwed up GbG.