• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Emberguard

Legend
(@ Stargater)

Grey is always the colour of the logged in players guild. This means you won’t have to click on everything each time to find out which colour you received. You’ll be displayed as a different colour to your opponent’s

Which colour would you prefer as the permanent guild colour?

Stargater

Private
Thank you both for the feedback. I had no idea that all guilds fought under a grey flag.

Having now reviewed the range of BG flags in use, I do note that GREEN is not currently used, so a mid/dark green might be nice addition; though others may disagree (or maybe green is an issue for colour blindness?)

I just think the grey is depressing & utterly uninspiring.

Also, I note that provinces captured by your own guild get a grey border (in line with the flag), however to me there's very little difference between those grey-bordered provinces on screen, compared with provinces which don't yet have an owner. There's little differentiation between the two.

Emberguard

Legend
(@ Stargater)

Green is definitely in use. That likely means your guild is green if you can't see green
1575284051757.png

Also, I note that provinces captured by your own guild get a grey border (in line with the flag), however to me there's very little difference between those grey-bordered provinces on screen, compared with provinces which don't yet have an owner. There's little differentiation between the two.
1575283724873.png

Maybe if the colour itself was less opaque / more solid it'd be clearer? This next image is just me adding a layer of 30% white over the top but would this be sufficient?
1575283988496.png

Galladhorn

Monarch
If a Palace is placed, and that sector is taken over by another guild, does that guild get the Palace?

Last edited:

Galladhorn

Monarch
2nd Question; if a sector is cut off to the main (capital/static sector) sector, is it then cut off from providing whatever it provides, or alterantively is there a reduction calculated – or it does not aaffect the total guild income.

I am just pondering about this, since from several other games like. E.g Company of Heroes, a cut off sector will not provide anything, because literally speaking these goods can not get back to the HQ. But even if we say "Future Era´s" if something needs to eb transported from one era to another crossing freindly territory, usually the enemy would have countermeasures to stop transports. ont he other hand one could claim that the sector is self providing and that the resources are used in that same sector.

Agent327

Overlord
2nd Question; if a sector is cut off to the main (capital/static sector) sector, is it then cut off from providing whatever it provides, or alterantively is there a reduction calculated – or it does not aaffect the total guild income.

I am just pondering about this, since from several other games like. E.g Company of Heroes, a cut off sector will not provide anything, because literally speaking these goods can not get back to the HQ. But even if we say "Future Era´s" if something needs to eb transported from one era to another crossing freindly territory, usually the enemy would have countermeasures to stop transports. ont he other hand one could claim that the sector is self providing and that the resources are used in that same sector.

If a sector is cut off to the main notghing changes. It remains the same and you can even use that sector to attack the next one. However, when you attack another sector and that attack gets cut off from a joining sector of your guild, you lose all attempts on that attack.

Galladhorn

Monarch
If a sector is cut off to the main notghing changes. It remains the same and you can even use that sector to attack the next one.

2) "However, when you attack another sector and that attack gets cut off from a joining sector of your guild, you lose all attempts on that attack.

2) So does that cut off have to happen while you are attacking?

2) So does that cut off have to happen while you are attacking?
Yes if you don't finish that attack and your sector gets cut off then you lose all attempts you made because sector you're attacking is no longer connected to your territory and progress is lost.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Our guild has a situation where the attacking guild walked over "our territory" Essentially we cut them off now right at teh foot to their HQ, but nohting ha happened. They ahve placed another flag above the sectro they took. ...?

Galladhorn

Monarch
Yes if you don't finish that attack and your sector gets cut off then you lose all attempts you made because sector you're attacking is no longer connected to your territory and progress is lost.

Sorry I think I get it now. So the cut off has to happen while the attack is in motion, correct?

Our Guild is Grey, those on question are Turquis. Their HQ is th one with the crossed Swords.
But since they own the sector with the Gren Flag north west I guess it will not help cutting off their locked (when it unlocks) sector South East or?

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 00.18.34.png

Stargater

Private
Thanks Emberguard

- Given your explanation that the colour green is in use; I suppose my final comment on the subject would be - why not let Guilds fight under their designated colour, rather than having everyone fight under an uninspiring grey flag each time. I won't say any more on this subject, as I'm just one voice, and perhaps hundreds of other players have alternate views

- In relation to my comment about the border of provinces captured by own guild and showing grey, vs the border of provinces which don't yet have an owner, yes it would be better if provinces which don't yet have an owner were a little clearer / differentiated from those grey bordered provinces which you're own guild has already captured. Though your sample screen shot demonstrates you making the un-attackable Home Province of a Guild clearer, which isn't really necessary. The Guild logo on those un-attackable provinces is already sufficient to differentiate those from other provinces.

I've already taken up too much of your time, so I'll leave my comments at that, and see whether anyone else agrees with my thoughts.

Regards & Thanks.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Sorry I think I get it now. So the cut off has to happen while the attack is in motion, correct?

Our Guild is Grey, those on question are Turquis. Their HQ is th one with the crossed Swords.
But since they own the sector with the Gren Flag north west I guess it will not help cutting off their locked (when it unlocks) sector South East or?

View attachment 20112
no it wont help, as long as they have even only 1 sector with border where they attack they can attack, no matter is that sector conected to their hq or not or is it under shield or not or is it under siege or not.

DeletedUser107673

here is some feedback, second round/ week playing GBG
so far overall enjoying it, my guild members are also enjoying it, especially the ones who play on mobile app, as they have never experienced the GVG and this is as close as it gets for them to experience something similar to GVG... so all excitement from guild members playing in GBG...

as a founder of a guild and making alliances with other guilds we do not have control of what goes on within the GBG, this has proven to be very frustrating for founders, leaders and trusted members as all guild members have the rights to start a seige, would it be possible to add trusted rights for seiges within the GBG like there is within the GVG? and a log of who has done what and where just like in the GVG... i know there is trusted icon for buildings to build and destroy, and maby include seige starts aswell with the trusted icon in GBG...

would also like to suggest the extra turn from tavern to be included with the GBG, the attack bonus from tavern seem to still register within the GBG why not the extra turn?

also a timer bar up the top would be very handy, gives players an idea of how long to go before reset... im not a 100% sold of only have a reset every 24hrs as it is a long time to wait, maby a reset every 12hrs?

so far overall enjoying it, my guild members are also enjoying it, especially the ones who play on mobile app, as they have never experienced the GVG and this is as close as it gets for them to experience something similar to GVG... so all excitement from guild members playing in GBG...

as a founder of a guild and making alliances with other guilds we do not have control of what goes on within the GBG, this has proven to be very frustrating for founders, leaders and trusted members as all guild members have the rights to start a seige, would it be possible to add trusted rights for seiges within the GBG like there is within the GVG? and a log of who has done what and where just like in the GVG... i know there is trusted icon for buildings to build and destroy, and maby include seige starts aswell with the trusted icon in GBG...

would also like to suggest the extra turn from tavern to be included with the GBG, the attack bonus from tavern seem to still register within the GBG why not the extra turn?

also a timer bar up the top would be very handy, gives players an idea of how long to go before reset... im not a 100% sold of only have a reset every 24hrs as it is a long time to wait, maby a reset every 12hrs?

Many great points Euphemia, I agree on placing sieges, it should work as in GvG - leaders and trusted members only being able to siege and better log is needed.

All these issues have been pointed out many times by many different players here now. Nothing wrong with pointing them out again though. Maybe in the end Inno will actually listen to our suggestions. Doubt it though.

All these issues have been pointed out many times by many different players here now. Nothing wrong with pointing them out again though. Maybe in the end Inno will actually listen to our suggestions. Doubt it though.
I really hope they don't, it works great just the way it is.

If you feel your guild is so weak and insecure that you want to make alliances then I pity you.

I prefer to fight for the sectors I want to hold no matter who the other guild is and whilst I would encourage my guild to attack where needed I am also happy with the autonomy this gives for them to do what they want. I prefer a happy guild where everyone works together because they want to not because some dictator tells them exactly what to do every step of the way. It is better to lose than kowtow to other guilds

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
It should be limited / controllable who can place siege.
Only non-founder, non-leader, non-trusted member can place a siege in my opinion. :D

---
And this way founders can prevent people from placing siege, by promoting them as leaders.

Last edited: