• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

- The rewards seem very high and close together. Not that we wouldn't want them, but when one can get >100,000 guild points for doing nothing while those who dump large amounts of goods into it for perhaps 30% more reward then we fear will it quickly lead to idleness and stale matches before the end of the 11 day period, because not many are willing to pay that much attention for only a little difference in the rewards.
that is the short time view

you should look it as long time feature
guild who wins goes up into a better league (maybe not after the first season) and win higher rewards
guild doing nothing goes down. and in the league below the rewards are much lower

(and doing nothing is also a little bit wrong: they did something. they reached that league. ok in the first season that was be doing other things: GE&GVG. but later guilds earn to be in a league. and if they do little they won't be there for long)

DeletedUser96901

if you want that reward you can't just stand there do nothing and hope to get reward you need to do a minimum if you want the end of season reward
the minimum is 40 advances
that is taking one province in copper league

Ceban

Brigadier-General
totaly agree shad23, this is wild wild west, i think all players/guilds agree that there should be some options to restrict hiting/placing sieges

DeletedUser117595

Not impressed so far and quite disappointed: it is slow, boring, mess to manage, very costly, has only little incentive to be played, too easily dominated by heavy diamond spenders without any need for strategy, and favours slackers.
The only positive I found so far is that it provides another mechanism to transform goods and troops into fps (and diamonds if real lucky). The exchange rate is insanely bad compared to GE but one would argue it is better than nothing.
Any other positive you find you guys?

thatcpfcguy

Private
Just to reiterate what many others are saying: there is a major need for a limit on who can place flags in neighbouring sectors. There is already a rank providing permission to place GBG buildings, it seems it would be simple to expand that to create a privilege to place flags.

I'm enjoying GBG but one of the features of any battle system like this is the potential to create alliances and potentially work with other guilds. Without an ability to restrict who can place a flag this is extremely difficult. I'm sure some guilds have iron discipline and kudos to them, but there are far more who have a lot of players who log in, see a new feature, and dive in without reading messages.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
a serious overlook by Inno games is the inability to see who is attacking which sector in your guild, we want to know, who is attacking a sector that we explicitly told them not to attack for example ... this way, we can see who is being a noob and not paying attention to guild leadership messages and wasting his attrition on 14 VP sectors for example

Giskler

Legend
D0AiAiL.jpg

In case anyone was wondering what the max is...

Sorry if this has been asked before...
If I move up an era from OF to VF will my battles in GbG be against OF units until the next GbG starts (like in GE) or will they change immediately to VF units?

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
This relaxing lazy game has turned into a full time job. I expect participation to drop drastically. You're ruining the game. GBG was fun the first day, now we can see what it is all about...another opportunity for diamond users to waste their money. Nobody will be able to keep pace, even those of us with high attack bonuses and L80+ Traz. I expect most will lose everything they have before the 3rd round ends.

DeletedUser118161

This relaxing lazy game has turned into a full time job. I expect participation to drop drastically. You're ruining the game. GBG was fun the first day, now we can see what it is all about...another opportunity for diamond users to waste their money. Nobody will be able to keep pace, even those of us with high attack bonuses and L80+ Traz. I expect most will lose everything they have before the 3rd round ends.
I believe this is intentional.

Firstly, to distinguish it from GvG, where GvG is obviously about fighting and to create a contrast to it with a focus on goods production, or else would it be no more than a GvG 2.0. And we don't need a GvG 2.0 (... what we need is a GvG that works on mobile phones!).

Secondly, and only Inno can really confirm this, will there be an unknown number of players who have been hoarding large amounts of goods without giving these a use and who will be keeping themselves away from GvG. GBG presents both an opportunity for such players to do something with their goods as well as to create a sinkhole in terms of game mechanics. I'm talking about trading guilds and so called "Farmville"-players - no offense intended - who will be sitting on huge amounts of goods. These players now have been given content, which meets their needs and a means for Inno to flush out some of these players' inventories as well as guild treasuries.

With this in mind will it become obvious that not all can win equally. Some will continue to do better at GvG and stay with GvG, while others will find their need for "world domination" in GBG. And of course some will try to rule them all, and with money and diamonds if need be, which is not new at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116027

i dont mind BG but what i dont like is the attack an negotiation penalties i think thats just wrong an having battle everyday its a troop killer not to mention a goods killer i think you need to rethink the penalties out esp for lower members of the guild who struggle with everything that a guild requires from them i relaxed GE in my guild to let new players have a bash
and having to wait 13 days for the rewards which i dont think are that great the statue for instance 200 fragments just for the base fully upgraded its only 50 goods to treasury an 500+guild power cant remember but thats alot of fragments to collect for not really a good thing to have
disappointed tbh

a serious overlook by Inno games is the inability to see who is attacking which sector in your guild, we want to know, who is attacking a sector that we explicitly told them not to attack for example ... this way, we can see who is being a noob and not paying attention to guild leadership messages and wasting his attrition on 14 VP sectors for example
Yes, this...

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Guild Battlegrounds is coming! Read all about it here and please be sure to leave your feedback below!

DEFENDING
Looking through it,,,, It seems a little crazy to not take into account the defending ability of a guild..... Saint Basil, Deal and special set buildings are useless in GbG, but could have, should have been incorporated....

Because by penalising the attack with an Attrition value, because it does not use up goods, surely their should be a better way too incorporate the defending any land taken. Maybe incorporate defending by a bonus defending % calculated from the average of all contributors that took the land to begin with.

I hope we can get an ability for the Battleground Constructors or even just Guild leaders where we could show our guild what sector we should focus next, a beacon of sorts if you will. Just one would do wonders but if we could set up to 3 priority targets in order of importance it would somehow be even better.
Message threads get cluttered too fast when multiple things get discussed about what we should and shouldn't do and this would make it easier for everyone who doesn't have time to read through the often 20+ new messages that get added.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Since moving up from FE I have discovered auto fighting is useless. Inno destroyed that, dragged out researches so it takes months and months to go thru an era, when one could do it in a day with enough goods and FP. I regret ever moving up. This game needs a complete overhaul. GBG has shown me how very, very, very little thought the devs put into this game.

Since moving up from FE I have discovered auto fighting is useless. Inno destroyed that, dragged out researches so it takes months and months to go thru an era, when one could do it in a day with enough goods and FP. I regret ever moving up. This game needs a complete overhaul. GBG has shown me how very, very, very little thought the devs put into this game.
Auto fighting isn't useless after FE. I'm using it all the time. In GBG too now. Some battles are to hard for auto though, but that just makes it more fun. Auto is sooo boring...
AF and OF research trees (and maps) are extremely long, tough and costly to get through, but shouldn't the game get more challenging the higher you go up in era? Not much fun in just rushing through the eras.

Last edited: