• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Bagoas

Private
There are many attractive features of Battlegrounds, particularly its accessibility to all guild members regardless of Age and device.

However .. it is quickly becoming clear that victory will go to those with the deep enough RL pockets to keep paying out diamonds for negotiation. This may make the Inno accountants smile over the revenue increase but it is very unfair and an obviously unbalanced aspect of the competition. The Extra Turn bonus in the Tavern should be made to apply to Battlegrounds (and other negotiations) not just GE.

DeletedUser96901

why does the platinum league has it so much easier ?

there are only 5 guilds
(and I know there aren't enough platinum guilds. but it is filled with gold guilds. so 3 more would be possible)
less competition for the sectors

our gold league has 8 guilds
and when I came back this morning we only have 3 sectors left (and one of them is the starting sector)
(the two big have 15 and 14)

DeletedUser117850

Complete and absolute thumbs down from me for Battle grounds ! It's just a burning of units and goods for nothing... Almost no rewards difference luckily.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
It's too painful on my eyes to read through pages and pages to see if my question has been asked before.

Do benefits provided by province buildings stack? i.e. 2 x Siege Camps = 2 x 24%

DeletedUser96901

It's too painful on my eyes to read through pages and pages to see if my question has been asked before.

Do benefits provided by province buildings stack? i.e. 2 x Siege Camps = 2 x 24%
yes

DeletedUser96901

Yes.

When my guild had one Fortress the province required 130 advances. When it had two fortress it required 160 advances
and when a guild has 5 siege camps (in more sectors) around one sector you don't get any attrition increase :P

Green Sky

Private
Haven't read everything tbh, but has anyone noticed that an entirely inactive guild gets way too much bonus at the end from doing exactly nothing?

And I couldn't agree more on the tavern boost for negotiations. I can't see a good reason why it shouldn't apply to *all* negotiations.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
inactive guilds get nothing, in bronze a guild has to do 40 actions ie take a province to qualify for the rewards, silver and gold it is 50 actions, the present box just shows what they could have won

EdTheGreat

Private
would have thought GE pairing was worse?

You have missed the point, the examples you’ve posted shows equally paired Guilds, matters not if there’s one that really puts time into GE and all others care not for it, you see, the ones not competing do it by choice...Now in current GBG setup, a 20 member Guild cannot compete at all against an 80 member or 40, or any higher number… Here is an example, yesterday my 13 member Guild took the center province and all adjacent provinces, that took a huge dent on all of us, we had attrition in 1700% on 5 members and all others went from 800% and up, despite that, another Guild with 47 members came behind us and after every locked down they took the provinces, we could have retaken them but it was next to impossible as we all had attrition that high, so again, this system is unfair and it will remain unfair no matter how long it stays in place, Guild size needs to be considered, I agree with others (you included) that say it is unfair to change attrition based on member count, so, use GE pairing system and whatever happens, happens, at least it is a fair pairing, whatever dedication Guilds put into it is purely their decision, not because they can’t do it...

DeletedUser96901

then sure you also adjust the final reward (power)

leagues with 20 men only get 25% of the amount the 80 men guilds will get

How to withdraw from a besieged area if we no longer want it? Two cases:
1. Area has been conquered by another guild but we're still appear as besieging it.
2. Area has not been conquered yet and we lost interest in it.

DeletedUser96901

How to withdraw from a besieged area if we no longer want it? Two cases:
1. Area has been conquered by another guild but we're still appear as besieging it.
2. Area has not been conquered yet and we lost interest in it.
you can't withdraw

DeletedUser118161

Hello,

I very much like GBG and it's been fun and many of us are enthusiastic about it. So this is not meant as a complaint, but as feedback to you guys. We do enjoy GBG so far. However, we do have a couple of dislikes and some worries:

- Our guild is currently matched up against 7 others who each have at least 3 times more members than we do (we: 17, everyone else 55 to 80 members). Although we try to play as good as we can are we really only able to punch out a line towards the centre, and after the timer runs out, do we get rushed from each side and stomped. We simply don't have the numbers to fight back and being obviously the weakest makes us the preferred prey. So we feel that the number of members in a guild should somehow find its way into the match up or players will resign from such matches and start ignoring GBG. Instead, we'd like to keep the enthusiasm and wish for a somewhat more fair match up. Some imbalances are acceptable of course, but the match up we are currently facing is not really enjoyable if it wasn't for GBG being new.

- The rewards seem very high and close together. Not that we wouldn't want them, but when one can get >100,000 guild points for doing nothing while those who dump large amounts of goods into it for perhaps 30% more reward then we fear will it quickly lead to idleness and stale matches before the end of the 11 day period, because not many are willing to pay that much attention for only a little difference in the rewards.

- One worry that I have is that GBG will animate some players to remain at low ages, because GBG doesn't seem to give an incentive to move up the ages. One can fight equally well, using only goods and units of the Iron Age for instance, and still gain the same rewards as other guilds. Whereas in GEs does the age of a player matter for the progress of the guild and thereby inspires players to move up through the ages. Not sure how important this really is, but I always felt it's important to move up and not to stand still. Also, it's seems a bit out of scale that a new guild can apparently gain something like 10+ levels for basically not doing anything after 11 days of GBG. Isn't this going to cause a large inflation of guild levels soon?

- Players who have just reached a new age are having a hard time doing GBG than they have doing GEs in comparison. One has to fight units of the current age right from the start, whereas in GEs it starts with previous age units, which makes it easier to take part and provides a "softer" entry. If GBG started with previous age units like GE does, and only switch the units to current age after a certain amount of attrition has been reached (... and maybe switch to next age at even higher attrition levels!) then it makes the entry into GBG easier and will give more players a sense of accomplishment and to have participated in it.

- No use of Extra Turns! I believe it explains itself. Many of us have spend tavern silver only to find out that it does nothing at all in GBG! *lol* While it may not have to be the Extra Turn would a tavern boost (to support GBG) be great. If not the Extra Turn perhaps a boost to attrition would be nice. This would be something nice to have for the future.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
And I couldn't agree more on the tavern boost for negotiations. I can't see a good reason why it shouldn't apply to *all* negotiations.
when attrition gets to high don't use diamonds stop wait for reset at midnight server time then restart you'll loose less goods and troops others in guild can continue if they did no GBG yet ask em to help out their attrition is at the minimum it can be if they did not help yet

Shad23

Emperor
Also, it's seems a bit out of scale that a new guild can apparently gain something like 10+ levels for basically not doing anything after 11 days of GBG.
box next to their guild name is there to tell em what reward they would get if they do the minimum for their legue cause there is a minimum to be done if you want that reward you can't just stand there do nothing and hope to get reward you need to do a minimum if you want the end of season reward