• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

rjs66

Lieutenant
nothing stops players messaging you regardless of what you put in your profile - unless you have them on ignore

as for GbG - you say that all your players know what you want and where to attack - how nice for you
unfortunately some people "those you insultingly refer to as morons" as they don't fit in with your friend, do sometimes start placing sieges where they want for their own ends , often to the detriment of guild members who have done many fights and raised their attrition and lose a sector for want of a few fights that someone has done elsewhere

how would you find out who those people are so that you can educate them about what is best for the guild and help them fit in better ?

maybe having a log that shows who is doing what would be useful

instead you are against an idea because you wouldn't use it , it doesn't affect you therefore no-one else should have it

so you are all for free will (on your terms) but want to dictate to others what they can and can't have and how they should use it

DeletedUser

We're going off topic here
We are going off topic when we started discuissing why a log would help sadistic leaders crowd control over the poor guildies that made 2 inocent attacks on random sectors which by luck got conquered cause someone left them faulsely on 99/100 and after that , when the commander got out of his mind and told <<who did that ?>> the poor fella hide behind his finger and couldn't just say him i lagged or i misclicked and let the poor fellas continue their try in peace.
We go offtopic days now to save a lamp which will eventually be eaten no matter what we say here
When you lead a guild to top 10 and spend thousands of goods for buildings and thousands of diamonds to get to Diamond you will understand that Leaders have to make choices they might not like but their Goal is the Guild not their pleasure.

nothing stops players messaging you regardless of what you put in your profile - unless you have them on ignore

as for GbG - you say that all your players know what you want and where to attack - how nice for you
unfortunately some people "those you insultingly refer to as morons" as they don't fit in with your friend, do sometimes start placing sieges where they want for their own ends , often to the detriment of guild members who have done many fights and raised their attrition and lose a sector for want of a few fights that someone has done elsewhere

how would you find out who those people are so that you can educate them about what is best for the guild and help them fit in better ?

maybe having a log that shows who is doing what would be useful

instead you are against an idea because you wouldn't use it , it doesn't affect you therefore no-one else should have it

so you are all for free will (on your terms) but want to dictate to others what they can and can't have and how they should use it
All this complaining about my guild on L but no mention of the one on R!

That's more of a "normal" guild (for comparison the GE requirement is 2 encounters) there I set targets and the occasional alliance and sometimes people go off and do their own thing. This week we have an alliance and someone has repeatedly attacked them. I don't know who, and I don't care either. It's a game and it makes no difference. Some weeks we win, others like last round we get trounced. There's no problem. I've had guilds trying to poach my members or asking to merge but by general consensus everyone likes where they are and the way the guild is run. No one has left and we've turned down all mergers.

rjs66

Lieutenant
i'm not complaining about your guild
merely pointing out your hypocritical attitude regarding how you run your guild with reference to your attitude as to whether GbG should have logging

if a GbG log exists and you don't use it what difference does it make to you ?
why should you object to other people having something you don't want ?

if there is a log and helps guilds grow and become more effective there is no problem there

whatever people provide or invent or discover , there will always those who use it for good and those who don't

you are merely arguing against anyone having something because you don't want / need it

No I'm arguing against it because it will be used to force people into doing exactly as they are told or risk the consequences.

There have been lots of suggestions for gbg on here and pretty much all of them were designed to give guild leaders total control over the feature, this is just another example of that

DeletedUser

No I'm arguing against it because it will be used to force people into doing exactly as they are told or risk the consequences.
spend 8 min from your life please and see what Inno promoted for GBG and after that take a look to your posts and tell me , are we talking about the same game or we play different games ?

Thank but I don't watch their rubbish videos

I know full well how it works and that it's best with teamwork, never have I once said that I don't. I'm more than happy for guilds to have SMART objectives (look it up if you don't know what they are) but as with everything in life people have the freedom to do something different. A log of each members every move would just cause further bullying in the game, something that lots of people come here to complain about

rjs66

Lieutenant
a guild leader will run a guild however they choose regardless of a GbG log - it won't change that
the log can be useful to organise things and help get everyone working together, the important word here is GUILD

regardless of whether there is a log - guild leaders will remove people who are detriment to the guild
if players don't like the guild rules they can leave
a guild will die if the leaders keep kicking everyone or they leave of their own accord
it will sort itself out

ultimately a guild works on team work - the GbG log will just make it easier to see where there are problems and make it easier to sort them out

DeletedUser

Thank but I don't watch their rubbish videos

I know full well how it works and that it's best with teamwork, never have I once said that I don't. I'm more than happy for guilds to have SMART objectives (look it up if you don't know what they are) but as with everything in life people have the freedom to do something different. A log of each members every move would just cause further bullying in the game, something that lots of people come here to complain about
what freedom you talk about, you cant join GBG if you are not in a Guild what freedom has to do with GBG ?

what freedom you talk about, you cant join GBG if you are not in a Guild what freedom has to do with GBG ?
There are plenty of guilds of 1 who do gbg.

the log can be useful to organise things and help get everyone working together
A log wouldn't help you organise anything, it shows what has been done not what you need/want to do

regardless of whether there is a log - guild leaders will remove people who are detriment to the guil
This has always been the case, in most guilds people who do no GE are removed and you already have a log showing if people have done any GbG or not. If even shows if they did negotiating or fighting, you don't get that in GE!

guild will die if the leaders keep kicking everyone or they leave of their own accord
How is TFA doing these days?

rjs66

Lieutenant
not my main world - just a diamond mine

on my main world we have a strong team who follow the guild rules and that guild is doing really well thank you

having a GbG log would be really useful for guiding the guild

DeletedUser

I've seen a few in gold
ive never seen one in platinum diamond so i suppose they shouldn't be much of success
in most platinum guilds ive seen no one has such things as <<freedom>> to ruin the team effort, he is removed from the team even without log.
team effort > personal freedom , these 2 things are irrelevant between them...
Anyway you have your personal reasons for saying what you are saying , in my personal oppinion they have nothing to do with this,
whoever suggested such a log explained to you the reasons , you dont want to understand them and you keep saying the words bulling control etc
cant help you on that, i have all the time and the energy to help you understand but as long you dont want to understand it i really cant help
better try an e-mail to Inno and ask them make Battlegrounds -> Playgrounds maybe will work !

Goodnight from me and for whoever want to read some interesting feedback about how Platinum Guilds are working can turn 2-3 pages back and read Emberguards post

Fulhamguy

Corporal
All this complaining about my guild on L but no mention of the one on R!

That's more of a "normal" guild (for comparison the GE requirement is 2 encounters) there I set targets and the occasional alliance and sometimes people go off and do their own thing. This week we have an alliance and someone has repeatedly attacked them. I don't know who, and I don't care either. It's a game and it makes no difference. Some weeks we win, others like last round we get trounced. There's no problem. I've had guilds trying to poach my members or asking to merge but by general consensus everyone likes where they are and the way the guild is run. No one has left and we've turned down all mergers.
Am I correct in thinking that you are in Silver or Gold ?

Fulhamguy

Corporal
Hello Veggie, it was not my intention to single out or aim at anyone individually, I have read several posts which made me disagree and I gave my honest response to all of those posts.
I thought your comments made a lot of sense and were not aimed at anyone in particular, just not understanding why people disagreed with the request.

Fulhamguy

Corporal
By having guidelines that tell members what to do when the leader is offline and what the general strategy should be so all members are equipped to make tactical decisions.

The important thing is whether the guild can defend its sectors or take strategic provinces. If you’re using your attrition in a way that prevents you from joining in during a crucial fight (that you’d be online for) or that would put a sector at risk then theres a problem.

If you’re using it to take sectors that have no negative impact on the guilds strategy and will still be able to participate then it isn’t a problem.

My guild always has a “if you need to dump attrition” sector available when waiting for a sector to open for those who know they won’t be online again until after reset. This allows those fights to be used into a sector that we know will benefit the guild rather then having it wasted on a bunch of half done sectors or a sector that will be cut off by the opponent
We can give guidelines and I have a thread "GbG next province" and am people to disagree and they do. But we normally end up agreeing on a course of action.
But you raise the fundamental problem which is some people just do not read this thread and go off and do something themselves and we have no idea what is going on. This works if you are in a lower level division but when you are in Gold aiming for Platinum it just doesnt.

I am in probably the top BG in gold this season in our world and there is no collussion everybody is attacking everybody it is fun to watch when you know you are going to be last. We are way out of our depth but we are getting the Gold rewards which are so much better than silver.