• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

I have to agree with Agent ::eek:: from a player perspective there is no difference, from a guild perspective there are less beneficial provinces or ones that do not meet the current objectives
really ?
I can see BIG difference between provinces from player perspective

there are better, normal and worse provinces
better: siege camps next to them
normal: nothing special
worse: traps

Who said anything about controlling what people do, why do you always misinterpret to your way of thinking.
All we are asking for is information on what is being done.

He has issues with Rules - what does it matter if all the horses are pulling in different directions - he thinks the stage coach will still go forward - LOL

you mean 3 FP are the same with 7 FP ? cause if there is not difference on that then the player probably is under the allowed age for the use of internet
the rewards given are the same for every player in the league, they do not change if you attack a different province so I don't really understand what your statement is trying to imply

DeletedUser

the rewards given are the same for every player in the league, they do not change if you attack a different province so I don't really understand what your statement is trying to imply
well how many of the people that are attacking random provinces are going to be in a League that gives more profitable rewards ?
Isn't this making the whole thing in need of a Tactic ? of Focus ? of Teamwork ?

really ?
I can see BIG difference between provinces from player perspective

there are better, normal and worse provinces
better: siege camps next to them
normal: nothing special
worse: traps
but the most advantageous province from the guild objective view might be the worse one to attack as it has palaces and traps

well how many of the people that are attacking random provinces are going to be in a League that gives more profitable rewards ?
Isn't this making the whole thing in need of a Tactic ? of Focus ? of Teamwork ?
when did I say that I have a problem with teamwork or a focused objective? The discussion was on the introduction of some sort of log so that guild leaders can single out people who aren't doing exactly what they are told 100% of the time

DeletedUser

when did I say that I have a problem with teamwork or a focused objective? The discussion was on the introduction of some sort of log so that guild leaders can single out people who aren't doing exactly what they are told 100% of the time
so why be in a guild ? why not playing solo ? why Terrorize a whole Guild with their Actions ? Why ruin the Team effort ?
each coin has 2 sides here we are talking about a log, how will everyone use it is another conversation

so why be in a guild ? why not playing solo ? why Terrorize a whole Guild with their Actions ? Why ruin the Team effort ?
each coin has 2 sides here we are talking about a log, how will everyone use it is another conversation
the only reason to have a log is to single people out, there are no other uses for it as you can already see how much or little everyone is doing from the member activity page.

Attacking somewhere different than what the guild leadership wants does not terrorise a guild, it is a minor nuisance at worst. The terrorising would come from overbearing leaders on a power trip who feel the need to control every aspect of someone else's gameplay

DeletedUser

the only reason to have a log is to single people out, there are no other uses for it as you can already see how much or little everyone is doing from the member activity page.

Attacking somewhere different than what the guild leadership wants does not terrorise a guild, it is a minor nuisance at worst. The terrorising would come from overbearing leaders on a power trip who feel the need to control every aspect of someone else's gameplay
its another story brother , the log is a log, the use of a log could be a reward or could be a dismiss for someone.
If you are against that , go for a Penaldy when a Guild kicks people or when people leave a Guild, i will support you

Emberguard

Legend
I think what they’re saying is a long term thinking player will go with what helps the guild best because that in turn helps the individual best. Getting to higher leagues gives far more benefits then only looking out for yoursel

DeletedUser

Getting to higher leagues gives far more benefits then only looking out for yoursel
Ember, how you manage to encourage people to not do that in your Guild ?
Holding on Sectors , Focusing etc , give some of your wisdom and personal experience to give some light to whoever wants to be enlighted

Agent327

Overlord
I think what they’re saying is a long term thinking player will go with what helps the guild best because that in turn helps the individual best. Getting to higher leagues gives far more benefits then only looking out for yoursel

f :P

In higher leauges individual players can still do the same :P

It is really easy. Players can get personal benefits. If Guild rules will prevent them from getting those they will ignore those rules. Everyone can do an X number of fights a day. What if there is nothing to fight but a guild that some "leaders" have decided should be an ally? Should players not go get their benefits? Whether it is 3 fp or 10 fp, it still is extra fp's and a X number of chances to get them. Guild leaders should be smarter and treat this as they treat GvG. Take eachothers sectors back and forth. Problem solved.

Vesiger

Monarch
Perhaps it would make more sense simply to have guidance flags that could be placed to indicate 'Attack here' - maybe numbered from 1 to 4, say, in order of priority. That would be visible all the time, instead of relying on a message on a thread that disappears rapidly off the bottom of the list.
They would rapidly get outdated, but then so do messages - it's the guild strategist's responsibility to update them, and the players' judgement as to whether to follow them or not (and what to do if they are all on sectors that are already owned by the guild or can't be reached!)

I am really not sure why some people are constantly opposed to the extended log and idea that guild members must work as a team in GBG towards a common goal. Read the announcement especially the part which says

"Progress made on a province is shared throughout the guild, so teamwork is needed to stifle the progress of enemy guilds while claiming provinces for your own."

Announcement by community manager tells us that GBG is a team effort, which was obviously intended by Inno games.
But we were given this feature-GBG and no real means to see who's opposing the idea of teamwork which we have been told it's so much important. Sounds a bit strange.

Also, I really can't comprehend how some people think: "Leader told me to attack A1 in the center, but let me go for that insignificant island right next to our HQ."
What possible reason would you have to spite your guild like that? Why are you even a part of that guild whose plans you dislike so much?
But you don't dislike to take FPs from that guild, you don't mind their trades or 1,9 help?

Emberguard

Legend
Ember, how you manage to encourage people to not do that in your Guild ?
Holding on Sectors , Focusing etc , give some of your wisdom and personal experience to give some light to whoever wants to be enlighted
By having guidelines that tell members what to do when the leader is offline and what the general strategy should be so all members are equipped to make tactical decisions.

The important thing is whether the guild can defend its sectors or take strategic provinces. If you’re using your attrition in a way that prevents you from joining in during a crucial fight (that you’d be online for) or that would put a sector at risk then theres a problem.

If you’re using it to take sectors that have no negative impact on the guilds strategy and will still be able to participate then it isn’t a problem.

My guild always has a “if you need to dump attrition” sector available when waiting for a sector to open for those who know they won’t be online again until after reset. This allows those fights to be used into a sector that we know will benefit the guild rather then having it wasted on a bunch of half done sectors or a sector that will be cut off by the opponent

Emberguard

Legend
In higher leauges individual players can still do the same :P

It is really easy. Players can get personal benefits. If Guild rules will prevent them from getting those they will ignore those rules. Everyone can do an X number of fights a day. What if there is nothing to fight but a guild that some "leaders" have decided should be an ally? Should players not go get their benefits? Whether it is 3 fp or 10 fp, it still is extra fp's and a X number of chances to get them. Guild leaders should be smarter and treat this as they treat GvG. Take eachothers sectors back and forth. Problem solved.
Its important for a guild to have a degree of flexibility. There needs to be an over arching plan that says “this is what we need to achieve” and a secondary plan that says “for those that want to do more or won’t be online for the crucial parts”

obviously if a player isn’t going to be back online until after reset it doesn’t matter where they attack as long as its not hurting the guild.

What’s best for the guild is whatever will advance the guild and be flexible enough for it’s players whenever theres something that won’t effect the main goal. Rogue attacks on allies and taking certain sectors with no regard to what the plan is will hurt the guilds chances of success. Your best defence is having an enemy or ally sector next to you ready to take but not taking until needed

I am really not sure why some people are constantly opposed to the extended log and idea that guild members must work as a team in GBG towards a common goal.
I feel that this is probably aimed at me :)

I've said it many times but will say it again!!

I have no problem with working as a team towards a common objective and agree that everyone should pull together to achieve the aim, however I believe that there are sometimes legitimate reasons for attacking different sectors, detailed quite well by Emberguard above.

The current system of messages in game is not ideal but it does provide a way to inform everyone of the targets or alliances if you feel so inclined to need or want them, the member activity screen shows quite well who is doing encounters and those than do very little or nothing.

The introduction of an extended log would not enhance the game play but simply provide a tool to allow guild members to be singled out to a greater extent than can already be done with the provided information