• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
But the way the system is working is great as it is based on results and not the size of a guild. We are a small guild but are expecting to be up against guilds with larger numbers of players, it gives us a challenge then

In my current GBG, there is a guild in silver league with 8 members up north, and to the left there is a guild with 71 members in gold league who have prevented the 8 member guild from taking any zone almost while they basically have the entire north to themselves, the 71 guild that is. Also, the 71 guild contains the number 1 player in the entire server and is almost a guild built on real life money.

So, just from that basis I can tell the matchmaking is terrible or non-existent, lol Three of us are fighting in middle, and the other 2 are basically just there watching us fight.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
you are right

40 men guilds should be against 40 men guilds
with half of the rewards 80 men guilds get :lol:

That could work :D At least then the 40 V 40 guilds would be spending thousands of less resources and end up with more rewards for less effort then the 80 V 80 guilds would have ;D Instead of a 40 V 80 situation where they have to sit back and realise they are going to be getting less anyway and may as well ignore the entire feature, lol

DeletedUser96901

At least then the 40 V 40 guilds would be spending thousands of less resources and end up with more rewards
more reward ?
how could you get more reward when against 80 men you now get 70% on last place
against 40 you would get 50% on first place

and why do you need to spend less resources ?
in equal fights each points could matter.
but if you are lost in competition you could do the minimum and save resources for next season
so you would need to spend more resources against equal opponents

dorocill

Corporal
In numbers vs numbers in MMT, everybody is assuming that all members would be active in GB. In the real sceanario this would seldom be the case. We are 40, only 5-10 are deep into it & 10 haven’t even looked at it . Rest are all in between & we are in the gold league. I think the MMT would sort it out eventually.

yeah, there really needs to be some player balance in this. You can random into a spot around two guilds that shouldn't even be there and take an entire side of the map against other guilds who are actually doing something and win easily. 40 member guilds should not be going up against 80 member guilds.

its already an incredible resource sink and extremely costly to participate in, no need to also make it really unbalanced in matchmaking.

LOL

40 - 100 million plus members should not go up against 80 - 30 million plus members
Senseless argument

The 80 member guilds do not make them superior to smaller guilds

Let's tweak the New Battlegrounds until it's a useless junk feature - again the few wanting to control the majority - typical elitist mentality

Any Empire

Sergeant
typical elitist mentality
no need for insulting, phony stereotypes.

Back on topic: GBG is still too new to really evaluate how well matching guilds works. It does need to cycle through a few more weeks of playing, Then it will be more clear where one's guild settles, and what it can reasonably achieve. And once the initial excitement of a new feature wears off, guilds will have a better idea of who consistently plays, who does not, and how to build a strategy around that.

Fulhamguy

Corporal
In my current GBG, there is a guild in silver league with 8 members up north, and to the left there is a guild with 71 members in gold league who have prevented the 8 member guild from taking any zone almost while they basically have the entire north to themselves, the 71 guild that is. Also, the 71 guild contains the number 1 player in the entire server and is almost a guild built on real life money.

So, just from that basis I can tell the matchmaking is terrible or non-existent, lol Three of us are fighting in middle, and the other 2 are basically just there watching us fight.
In Brisgard it appears to be working well as far as I can see. Sorry to hear your world it is not so good.

Vesiger

Monarch
There are times when you want to change your buildings like you want to get extra victory points so you put down say a banner and then decide you want to improve your chances in attacking an adjacent province so put in a Watch Tower. Are you suggesting that shouldn't be allowed ?
I am not seeing what the problem with the delete option is.
The problem with the delete option is the ability to abuse it by deleting buildings in a sector that is about to be captured, thus rendering the attacker's 50% chance of gaining the building to an automatic zero (which I'm assuming was not intended, or they wouldn't have bothered implementing a probability of failing to capture the building intact at all).
I hadn't considered that there might be legitimate reasons for a guild to delete and replace buildings with a different purpose - maybe Inno should tweak the mechanism so that you can't delete buildings, only replace them? (But then people would simply replace palaces with banners immediately before capture...)

GBG is still too new to really evaluate how well matching guilds works. It does need to cycle through a few more weeks of playing, Then it will be more clear where one's guild settles, and what it can reasonably achieve
We were in gold league for the last two weeks, and struggled to keep even a handful of sectors. This week we are in silver and are the ones cutting off the smaller guilds from the rest of the map. We'll probably end up back in gold again, but with a bit of luck all the top-ranking guilds on our server will have shot up to the diamond league by then since we were completely outclassed against them.

Andrew420

Major
The problem with the delete option is the ability to abuse it by deleting buildings in a sector that is about to be captured,
The problem with this statement is the ability to delete buildings in a sector that is about to be captured isn't abuse you just think it is
rendering the attacker's 50% chance of gaining the building to an automatic zero (which I'm assuming was not intended, or they wouldn't have bothered implementing a probability of failing to capture the building intact at all).
If they didnt want us to delete buildings before capture they wouldn't have included the ability to delete at all
The 50% chance of building being destroyed upon capture is there in case no one is around to delete buildings before being captured
That way at least there will be a slight chance the attackers wont benefit from your guilds building
I hadn't considered that there might be legitimate reasons for a guild to delete and replace buildings with a different purpose
That was obvious as soon as you claimed it was abuse

Vesiger

Monarch
That was obvious as soon as you claimed it was abuse
I suspect you are confusing me with someone else in this thread...
However, I agree with the original poster (two pages ago) that it is probably an unintended abuse, or, if you prefer, a player exploit - like the concept of using the ability to release sectors in GvG to repeatedly take and release the same sector.

DeletedUser96901

Ehh … that's not possible :-/ All guilds in a GBG season are in the same league.
correct all are in the same league
but not all must have the same league affiliation

a guild can be classified lower than the league they play

happens especially when there are too less diamond or platinum guilds
if in a world there is only one platinum/diamond guild they are still fighting in a league against teams from below

so if the last gold league had 1 guild too less then a best silver guild could be playing in gold league

Fulhamguy

Corporal
We were in gold league for the last two weeks, and struggled to keep even a handful of sectors. This week we are in silver and are the ones cutting off the smaller guilds from the rest of the map. We'll probably end up back in gold again, but with a bit of luck all the top-ranking guilds on our server will have shot up to the diamond league by then since we were completely outclassed against them.
We were the other way round started in Silver because there are only 16 of us, complete dominance, silver again came second because a guild had come down from gold. Now we are in Gold and looking good for staying in Gold as you need to be in the top 4 and we are comfortably 3rd and not likely to drop to 5th.

Fulhamguy

Corporal
The problem with the delete option is the ability to abuse it by deleting buildings in a sector that is about to be captured, thus rendering the attacker's 50% chance of gaining the building to an automatic zero (which I'm assuming was not intended, or they wouldn't have bothered implementing a probability of failing to capture the building intact at all).
I hadn't considered that there might be legitimate reasons for a guild to delete and replace buildings with a different purpose - maybe Inno should tweak the mechanism so that you can't delete buildings, only replace them? (But then people would simply replace palaces with banners immediately before capture...)
That could work because it could be done in such a way that the palace stays there till the banner is constructed. The guilds that are doing this are likely to lose the province within 30 minutes therefore they will lose the palace and spent out for the banner as well

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
correct all are in the same league
but not all must have the same league affiliation

a guild can be classified lower than the league they play

happens especially when there are too less diamond or platinum guilds
if in a world there is only one platinum/diamond guild they are still fighting in a league against teams from below

so if the last gold league had 1 guild too less then a best silver guild could be playing in gold league

This^ I'm on the new world, there is only one guild in the world in gold, the rest of us are in silver, what is more interesting is that it does still say we are in the gold league at the top, we do need 100 hits to take an area even though we are supposed to be in silver and only needing 80. Does that mean that we get gold level rewards too? Seems to be showing that as well.

So even though its harder and we are in a league above what we are meant to be in, the rewards seems to be at the gold league level. Be funny though, if the next few leagues they go up and are still fighting us anyway since we are both the top 2 guilds in the world, we get better rewards thanks to them :D Our MMR is also barely going to change though, as there is only five guilds doing this, we are currently second and with the 50% bonus for being in the lower league, that'll be +75 to make us basically go on fighting the same guild every-time, lol

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
no need for insulting, phony stereotypes.

Back on topic: GBG is still too new to really evaluate how well matching guilds works. It does need to cycle through a few more weeks of playing, Then it will be more clear where one's guild settles, and what it can reasonably achieve. And once the initial excitement of a new feature wears off, guilds will have a better idea of who consistently plays, who does not, and how to build a strategy around that.

I'm honestly really really confused with everything Thekingofkool said, lol, so not really an insult to me anyway, as I am not elitist just was pointing out how I feel sorry that an 8 member guild up north that only has about 80k in strength is being farmed by a guild with 71 members all who have millions of points xD Like they stand no chance, should have been placed with others closer to them but Yeah, I guess its because its still to new, especially also being on the new world where we might have every single silver/Gold league guild in the same GBG right now, there only being five guilds in this one and only one being in gold making us all be in gold.

That 71 guild on the new world though (so basically all diamonds) is spending thousands upon thousands upon thousands of resources/goods ect. in this fight, so it still feels like a win coming second regardless.