• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
from wot i've seen so far today this gbg is bringing loads of dissagreements in guilds,so some players will be swapping around very soon lol
our guild on L is looking forward to it, I think most are on app and after a bit of effort and a big boot kicking people most do GE so hopefully there will be a good turnout for GBG.

At least it will fill in the days when there's no GE left to do

DeletedUser114202

Is there any plan to alter the way rank is determined to better reflect success in GBG, now that GvG is on it's knee's it seems crazy to have rank decided by whoever can grab the highest number of poorly defended sectors every reset.

Shad23

Emperor
Is there any plan to alter the way rank is determined to better reflect success in GBG, now that GvG is on it's knee's it seems crazy to have rank decided by whoever can grab the highest number of poorly defended sectors every reset.
i hope not , i hope that they'll keep GVG eaven if loads of players stop playing it so i can gain more and more sectors cause they stop playing GVG

DeletedUser96901

it is already changed

the ranking is based on prestige

the GBG gives prestige
so it has impact on the ranking

DeletedUser114202

if it's calculated as it is in GE then it's a very small impact on prestige/rank, it's more for the advancement of guild level rather than a true reflection in the ranking table. i'm pretty sure that the table will largely stay as it is even with some guilds not taking part in GBG, should that really be the case.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Was it so big problem to make this competition possible between worlds??? That finaly guilds from diferent worlds can compete between themselfs at least on some way???

Ceban

Brigadier-General
there is no way new worlds could compete with older worlds so it better as it is.
you have a lot of older worlds where you can find pretty equal matches, i wouldnt mind to face some guilds from worlds older than our, this way what will happend in few rounds of GbG that always same 5 guilds will play diamond league... where is any fun in that? Maybe i am wrong but i think i know wich 10 guilds will cycle in that list all the time on top.

Last edited:

Stargater

Private
I thought gold league would be the highest league for the first battleground, but have now seen a screenshot of someone in platinum. Is this correct @Lady Marlena ?

To anyone questioning how the original poster knows this, just hover your cursor over your own Guild Battleground building, to see the default league your guild will be in when competition starts in just over 4hrs..........not that I'm counting. :blush:

DeletedUser96901

there are platinum guilds on live (in the ranking. because leagues didn't start yet)

but thinking that there are no platinum guilds at the beginning is simply wrong

1. on beta no guild started there. but that has nothing to do with live
2. adjustments are made during beta testing. so even if they said at the beginning of the beta testing there won't be any platinum guild: that wasn't final. things changes on beta (I remember they said no guild will start diamond: that must be earned)

only what is released on live is final
(and even that is not final in 100%: sometimes that gets rebalanced)

so for all guilds calculated platinum: congrats

and for all who are wondering: only 1 or 2 platinum. isn't that boring fighting so alone in the league
the league will have at least 5 guilds (the best gold guilds will be fighting there. but still shown as gold guild in ranking)

DeletedUser116872

Very disappointing new feature.

The idea is obviously nothing original as they have a similar feature in many other games, the difference being that in FoE it's heavily limited by attrition but in many other games it's a constantly ongoing battle.

You can only do about 50 battles before you start losing quite a few troops and at that point it's probably not worth continuing.

Nice idea, poorly implemented.

If you are going to copy things from other games, at least learn what makes the feature fun and then KEEP IT IN, not remove or limit it.