• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Besides that, and over the next few months, we will, however, spend additional time to improve the technical stability of GvG, because the efforts we put into analysis the whole topic made some good improvements visible, that we would like to implement for you.

Lets see who can hold their breath the longest ha :)

That is very important here. There are only two answers to it:
a) If the guild gets the attrition, players that are fast on it have advantage as the later ones coming in to do their task have higher attrition to fight against. So there is a run and competition WITHIN the guild. Some time-zones will have a benefit again.
b) If the player has the attrition, then the bigger guilds with more players having a clear game winning advantage. No way a guild with 10 players would be able to win against one with 70 players as example.

Either way - this "attrition" thinggy should be thought over.

Besides, and that is a personal opinion, instead of 5% playing GvG it will end up of maybe 10% playing this new addition just because they can use mobile. With 90% of players being the typical armchair Farmville and township building player I do not see more than the 10% giving it a go.
I'm assuming this will be balanced so that all guilds on a map will be fairly equal in size - the same way as GE is done

DeletedUser103858

Is the wording in the announcement confusing on purpose?, way it reads to me is that this new game feature is completely separate from what is currently known as GvG and that that element will stay as it is and not change (but maybe improved in time), but it is also worded in such away that the current GvG is going to be altered into this new game feature but retain the name GvG.

If its the former, and its simply a new standalone game feature, why does the announcement even mention GvG ? why begin the announcement about how few players use it and that only a small quantity of players have access to it, you don't do that for any other game feature introduction so why this one ? this makes me think that its the latter and is a replacement for what we currently know as GvG.

Could someone who knows the answer please let us know - replacement GvG or a standalone game feature ?

Emberguard

Legend
i would like to point out: the negotiation option isnt that good of an idea to me, since many players dont have access to goods at the rate that others do, making it unfair in a way
That's true for just about every aspect though. There will always be players that are better then others either from having played for longer or just having a better understanding on how to best utilise their resources. Not everyone with a large amount of goods will also have a high attack boost. So by utilising both options more players should be able to contribute in some way.

Once I get to try the feature there's a chance I'll agree with you about it being a bad option to have, but simply from what I've seen in the announcement I'm not worried about negotiation being an option

DeletedUser105522

Could someone who knows the answer please let us know - replacement GvG or a standalone game feature ?

i think it would depend how popular the new Guild Battlegrounds will be compare to current GvG.

DeletedUser116572

sounds really nice, great job!
one thing that i would like to point out: the negotiation option isnt that good of an idea to me, since many players dont have access to goods at the rate that others do, making it unfair in a way, therefore unless negotiating is really easy/really hard then it makes it more unfair than fighting:)
just my opinion, any replys will be helpful :)
happy playing!
or you could go the other way
many players dont have the military built up the way others do making battles unfair in a way

Sad to hear about GvG participation, it is one of the main reasons I play. So am also dispointed that you are abandoning the GvG system. Despite the promise of "improvements" (we've heard that one before) what GvG needed was mobile access and Map developement. Your excuses of 'too complicated' point to an alarming laziness for a company that takes in so much $$$ from the community.

On the new battleground, I too am concerned about the timing - this massive rush that occurs in and around resets, like 'Calc' in GvG. Time will tell.

DeletedUser

If its the former, and its simply a new standalone game feature, why does the announcement even mention GvG ? why begin the announcement about how few players use it and that only a small quantity of players have access to it, you don't do that for any other game feature introduction so why this one ? this makes me think that its the latter and is a replacement for what we currently know as GvG.

Justification :)

Shad23

Emperor
i think they mentioned GVG cause lots of players have been asking for change but instead of deciding to scrap GVG they decided to add somthing that all can contribute

Deleted member 109369

finally we see some light at the end of the tunnel.
this could be interesting and worthy replacement for GvG.
so far i like:
* the time based war which will make it dynamic with something to look forward to (10 day periods with rewards at the end);
* both fighting and farming guilds can be part of it (although not sure if fighting wold be faster then negotiating);
* all era guild members can participate on same map;
* league placement for guilds of similar power to compete and not get owned by strong guilds;
* usage for current guild treasury (AF,OF,VF goods)....(not sure if all treasury gonna be reset or be shared with ongoing GvG treasury or be separate);
* not a 24 Hrs lock-down of a province (awesome! good for different time zone players);
* leaders can make choices what to build in the province depending of situation;
-----
questions;
* what would be waiting period for players who changed the guilds (96 hr current wait time for GvG)?
* will it be on mobile as well?
* how will Guild Battleground's ranking points work with GvG ranking points? will they add to each other (like GE giving extra guild power) or be replacement for GvG?
* will it be possible to play new style with allies or it is going to be very individual play style?
* will Diamond league be tied to each world or you will think of something to make each world best guilds to compete with each other?
---------------
thx... looking forward for this new way to play...
current GvG is a mess and probably not worth investing your money to fix it at this point..

Great questions, which will be forwarded. To be clear, Guild Battlegrounds is very much still in the concept stage and no development has begun. The whole purpose of this announcement is to gather feedback, questions and ideas from which will form the basis of a more solid feature going forward.

DeletedUser103858

Justification :)

Then why end the announcement with "We hope you understand the reasons for this step and look forward to your feedback"
that sounds to me like an apology for taking something away or changing it, why say "We hope you understand the reasons for this step" when your adding a game feature which can only be a take it or leave it positive

Any Empire

Sergeant
That's true for just about every aspect though. There will always be players that are better then others either from having played for longer or just having a better understanding on how to best utilise their resources. Not everyone with a large amount of goods will also have a high attack boost. So by utilising both options more players should be able to contribute in some way.

Once I get to try the feature there's a chance I'll agree with you about it being a bad option to have, but simply from what I've seen in the announcement I'm not worried about negotiation being an option

I think negotiation adds another level of strategy, and makes it more interesting. At times in GE I will switch between negotiation and fighting in GE, even in higher levels. Some armies I can more easily defeat, while fighting others is more costly than negotiating when I review which goods and fighting units I still have left at my disposal. It will be important to work out how the guild stores goods for GvG vs the new GB. Silly note: considering everyone will shorten the name, maybe a new "GB" will be confusing..... 'Battlegrounds For Guilds' --- "B4G" :-)

Shad23

Emperor
It will be important to work out how the guild stores goods for GvG vs the new GB. Silly note: considering everyone will shorten the name, maybe a new "GB" will be confusing..... 'Battlegrounds For Guilds' --- "B4G" :-)
why would it be confusing GB and BG not realy the same lol ?
i would expect that the goods players are using to negotiate would be from guild treasury
guild treasury can not be used for the nego's in GE so why would it be diferent for this

DeletedUser105522

i would expect not
you cant give players the unbridled ability to spend guild resources
haha, true and that would be a headache for guild leaders to manage their members/guild treasury usage... but who doesn't like a challenge? lol

Deleted member 109369

In terms of negotiations, it is intended to be player goods.

DeletedUser105522

guild treasury can not be used for the nego's in GE so why would it be different for this

because top guilds give their members goods (through unfair trades) for GE negotiations anyway... so why not make it easier and cut that step out of the process allowing members grab goods from treasury? rich members will donate and poor/weaker will use it for the guild sake.. all in one boat at the end and all will benefit if won.

Status
Not open for further replies.