• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
After having read through the details a few questions occur to me...

Does this fix the mad dash at the bell like we get in GvG? Won't the best guilds just perform a massive land grab on day one and then the map stagnates for 9 days? Or perhaps the only action will occur when the attrition rate gets reset? Is it a feature you can dip into at any time of the day, or are we going to be back to critical moments to be online?

Edit...

"In that sense, whenever you complete a battle in the context of a battleground, you build up attrition!
This is a percentage value that directly affects the (attack and defense) boosts of the defending armies that you will face."

When you say "you" build up attrition, do you mean "you, the person" or "you, the guild"? If my guild plays before me does that make my fights harder?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

As far as I can see from the described feature, this will favour the top guilds only?

Sorry I personally would prefer Inno fix the existing system, the main reason it has only a 5 percent attendance is because it has been left running with so many issues and the devs have not fixed it.

This lack of concern for it players has led to many leaving the game and many just abandoning GvG.

So lets just fix it
Only 5% of people play GvG as it's PC only and most people now play on the app

DeletedUser105522

finally we see some light at the end of the tunnel.
this could be interesting and worthy replacement for GvG.
so far i like:
* the time based war which will make it dynamic with something to look forward to (10 day periods with rewards at the end);
* both fighting and farming guilds can be part of it (although not sure if fighting wold be faster then negotiating);
* all era guild members can participate on same map;
* league placement for guilds of similar power to compete and not get owned by strong guilds;
* usage for current guild treasury (AF,OF,VF goods)....(not sure if all treasury gonna be reset or be shared with ongoing GvG treasury or be separate);
* not a 24 Hrs lock-down of a province (awesome! good for different time zone players);
* leaders can make choices what to build in the province depending of situation;
-----
questions;
* what would be waiting period for players who changed the guilds (96 hr current wait time for GvG)?
* will it be on mobile as well?
* how will Guild Battleground's ranking points work with GvG ranking points? will they add to each other (like GE giving extra guild power) or be replacement for GvG?
* will it be possible to play new style with allies or it is going to be very individual play style?
* will Diamond league be tied to each world or you will think of something to make each world best guilds to compete with each other?
---------------
thx... looking forward for this new way to play...
current GvG is a mess and probably not worth investing your money to fix it at this point..

Emberguard

Legend
* how will Guild Battleground's ranking points work with GvG ranking points? will they add to each other (like GE giving extra guild power) or be replacement for GvG?
From the announcement.

upload_2019-5-20_22-40-44.png

LadyMarlena would be better equipped to answer your question in whole, but given GvG isn't being removed I'd say it'll work side by side

DeletedUser108179

When you say "you" build up attrition, do you mean "you, the person" or "you, the guild"? If my guild plays before me does that make my fights harder?
That is very important here. There are only two answers to it:
a) If the guild gets the attrition, players that are fast on it have advantage as the later ones coming in to do their task have higher attrition to fight against. So there is a run and competition WITHIN the guild. Some time-zones will have a benefit again.
b) If the player has the attrition, then the bigger guilds with more players having a clear game winning advantage. No way a guild with 10 players would be able to win against one with 70 players as example.

Either way - this "attrition" thinggy should be thought over.

Besides, and that is a personal opinion, instead of 5% playing GvG it will end up of maybe 10% playing this new addition just because they can use mobile. With 90% of players being the typical armchair Farmville and township building player I do not see more than the 10% giving it a go.

Deleted member 109369

I must have missed something, because I thought GvG was already open to all Guild members.

Have you considered that maybe 95% do not want to participate in GvG?

I think battlegrounds will be interesting, and no doubt there will be a big uptake initially, which may continue if it is giving out treats, but I would sincerely hope that the current GvG does not get sidelined and shut down in the process. Run them concurrently for a decent time so we can play both and make an informed decision which is the better fight and stick with that.

GvG is not being shut down, the new feature is intended to run side by side

Deleted member 109369

Sorry I personally would prefer Inno fix the existing system, the main reason it has only a 5 percent attendance is because it has been left running with so many issues and the devs have not fixed it.

This lack of concern for it players has led to many leaving the game and many just abandoning GvG.

So lets just fix it

From the announcement

Besides that, and over the next few months, we will, however, spend additional time to improve the technical stability of GvG, because the efforts we put into analysis the whole topic made some good improvements visible, that we would like to implement for you.

DeletedUser116572

there are currently guilds that dont do gvg but strive to excel in ge
i would expect that once this feature gets rolling there will be guilds which strive to excel in gbg

DeletedUser109754

sounds really nice, great job!
one thing that i would like to point out: the negotiation option isnt that good of an idea to me, since many players dont have access to goods at the rate that others do, making it unfair in a way, therefore unless negotiating is really easy/really hard then it makes it more unfair than fighting:)
just my opinion, any replys will be helpful :)
happy playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.