• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser115340

There is no point in making this discussion about pros and cons of GvG. Most of us who will reply here are GvG fighters and it’s the part of the game that keeps us playing.
Looking at who replied here it also shows how much other 95% is active and who will probably use the new feature the most.

This new addition might turn out good or bad, depending which direction they take for developing it.
I like the fact that it can involve all guild members regardless of their age and that it would be available on all platforms.

There are more things that should be discussed in more details:
  1. Currently it does seem something in between GE and GvG. If you want to have the real fights between guilds, it needs to be more interactive than it’s described here. Guild has to be able to defend its province when being attacked and not just by trying to be faster in taking their province. For example, they could be faster in winning one province but the other guild could have more adjacent provinces and could take it anyway.
    And also guild should be able to choose defending armies for their province.
  2. Being able to attack only sectors adjacent to your unprotected sectors would get boring. You should include something similar to HQ move in GvG so guild can progress a bit further at once. And also it could lead to possibility of developing different strategies than just spreading from one point as much as possible.
  3. Attrition. It should be one for negotiation as well, this system gives advantage to farmers instead of fighters. (sounds funny since it’s for a thing currently called “battleground”) Also, even though there isn’t daily recalc as in GvG, attrition reset will become “daily recalc” for this part of the game.
  4. How much will this battleground prestige influence guilds ranking in its world. Will it be the same as GvG, more or less? That part will also make part in deciding how much guilds will focus on it compared to GvG

Ceban

Brigadier-General
worlds simply dont have such numbers of guilds on all levels to fill up all those leagues, it will be same 5 guilds every time on each battlegrounds, it will be just crap on repeat every 10 days, i think all are aware and all share my oppinion that probably same 5 guilds will repeatedly show up in diamonds league and same 5 guilds in golden or however its called and so on and so on cause i am not sure that you even can find 30 seriously active guilds to fill all those leagues in one world, so if worlds wont mix up i think this will be really boring...

DeletedUser

Why is Negotiation even to be an option? If it's a Battleground then surely Goods, {and Coins, etc.} should be used solely to pay for and site Buildings. I know it's in pre-dev stage but I don't get the mish-mash approach that Inno seem to be presenting to us. This could actually prove a shot in the arm for FoE in that it opens more prospects for combat to newer and less developed Players, smaller and younger Guilds.

DeletedUser115340

I agree that having guilds from one world would make same guilds in same leagues all the time. But mixing worlds also wouldn't be a good option because those guilds from older worlds would have big advantage over guilds from newer worlds. And those from newer worlds wouldn't be able to reach top leagues.

Why is Negotiation even to be an option? If it's a Battleground then surely Goods, {and Coins, etc.} should be used solely to pay for and site Buildings. I know it's in pre-dev stage but I don't get the mish-mash approach that Inno seem to be presenting to us. This could actually prove a shot in the arm for FoE in that it opens more prospects for combat to newer and less developed Players, smaller and younger Guilds.

Can't agree more with this :)

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
I agree that having guilds from one world would make same guilds in same leagues all the time. But mixing worlds also wouldn't be a good option because those guilds from older worlds would have big advantage over guilds from newer worlds. And those from newer worlds wouldn't be able to reach top leagues.

youre just scared of me Kate :D

I think it would be good to include contribution tables for members within the guild itself, similar to GE. It'll be important for guilds to track who's done well and who has been lacking and could use some encouragement :)

DeletedUser110498

In relation to the new gvg system.I would like to ask you please to anser a simple question. Will the new GVG system be a addition to what we have now or will it replace the gvg system that we currently have now ?

thanks

DeletedUser115340

In relation to the new gvg system.I would like to ask you please to anser a simple question. Will the new GVG system be a addition to what we have now or will it replace the gvg system that we currently have now ?

thanks
it was said it will be addition and that GvG will stay the same with some stability improvements

Deleted member 109369

thanks

This is not a new GvG system it is a new stand alone feature and it is not replacing the existing GvG system. As the announcement states, GvG is being kept

Ceban

Brigadier-General
This is not a new GvG system it is a new stand alone feature and it is not replacing the existing GvG system. As the announcement states, GvG is being kept
pls try to push idea to combine worlds in BG, i think 0 worlds have enough active guilds to fill all leagues and swap participants regulary.

DeletedUser110498

I say wipe all maps clean each 28 days or so make it a fresh playing field so all guilds have a opportunity to approach the maps without facing giant guilds of which make it there lifes work to hold ground. you say it's 5% now that will only get less if the playing field is not even for new up-and-coming or old guilds that would take a step in the direction of gvg if it was achievable.

DeletedUser109087

gvg may continue, and stability fixes are very welcome. but if the focus moves to GB, gvg might just become boring and forgotten.

those of us with 500% att and lvl 100 traz can win fights easily, but since autobattle its just become a game about timing. I hope that GB has an element of skill and tactics, rather than just wealth or numbers. it needs to be a challenge of minds and co-operation, not a 30min click-fest

are you going to add guild chat to mobile ? coz its necessary for anything thats realtime like gvg

perhaps not initially, but would be good if there's a World V World comp too.

Status
Not open for further replies.