• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

Overlord
I have long been of the impression that many do. One need not look much further than the bitch and moanathon thread over the nurfed SAM GB. That said, entertainment is entertainment.

It's entertainment at first. Having to see the same thing over and over ans over and over again is becomming annoying. What happened to figuring out things yourself? Are they all to stupid for that?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

in the opening statement of the announcement its says only 5% do GvG as opposed to loads more doing GE,thats like a TOP GEAR comparison of something like more people use crap French cars than Italian Ferraris so we'll get rid of Ferraris lol
GE is open to more people many probably cant afford PC/Broadband and it has personal rewards,it needs something like a personal reward in this Farmville Battlefields,100fp for being part of taking a sector(no gates or faces),i wont be pushing my crew to do this,most peeps who do GE do it for the rewards,greed

DeletedUser108179

..... comparison of something like more people use crap French cars than Italian Ferraris so we'll get rid of Ferraris lol ....
I like this comparison ... true in fact.
The GBG is done now for those Farmville ... err ... GE negotiation players to sniff at some troops on a field - yet again the option is given to negotiate (Yawnnnnn) ... gosh. If Inno would really fix GvG - not only the lag but dozens of Bots hanging on most servers more would play GvG, and/or wouldn't have left. It's not a big deal with someone having hacker knowledge and a little high-tec equipment to trace Bots and bar them from the game.
As in every game it is not allowed to cheat but Inno lets it go undisturbed since years.

DeletedUser

wot we want are personal rewards even if its like the football tournament ones,a bronze/silver/gold cup at the end that we can put in town and a few fp would be nice

It’s probably been said, but the reason that people don’t play GvG is that they don’t have access to a PC or Laptop. 90% of our guild play on iOS or Android. If FoE was a game for PCs only it wouldn’t have that many players, so either ditch GvG when GbG comes online or no GbG on PCs - Simples.

DeletedUser

It’s probably been said, but the reason that people don’t play GvG is that they don’t have access to a PC or Laptop. 90% of our guild play on iOS or Android. If FoE was a game for PCs only it wouldn’t have that many players, so either ditch GvG when GbG comes online or no GbG on PCs - Simples.

yeah,its similar to another game i played for years the PC users are the proessionals and the new mobile breed are the amateurs as they only get half the game,loads of other things those guys cant see
too many things to do in game,i dont play settlements at all,too many events,the mars colony is like building a town on another world
i think a great majority of players just do GE for personal rewards,if you are not going to get any on this new farmville battlefields why bother,they should combine the two,this battlefields replacing gvg will be a joke with loads of amateurs using Neg lol
just waiting to see wot changes they do in gvg before deciding if this game is wot i want

DeletedUser96901

and the rogue loophole should also be disabled for the GBG
the enemy attacks real units before rogues like on the world map

DeletedUser

there could be 2 peeps fighting in guild trying to take a sector and 10 peeps from another guild all using Neg doing same one,something is not right

DeletedUser653

Because of corruption and bugs I still think you would be better off totally binning GvG and concentrating on this new GbG, it is an awesome idea and is the way ahead, why hang onto a bugged system?
It will also need some sort of results for the guild or even leaders and above to see just who is not doing their bit as in GE.
Bring it on
A great idea, lets have it
Warrior
sounds like someone whos losing on GVG and wants to change the game ??

DeletedUser653

there could be 2 peeps fighting in guild trying to take a sector and 10 peeps from another guild all using Neg doing same one,something is not right
Yes and this co-ordinated fighting is where a good guild will always win against a non-organised guild.

DeletedUser653

2. I was wondering if there may be any incentive for negative play...........
Pretty dam sure every option wil be tested by top guild players in beta and guilds will be briefed and ready with every trick in the book. might take a few events to settle down but its going to take at least 4 just to put guilds in right groups.

DeletedUser116142

Inno market the game as a city building game, maybe that's the reason many do not get involved in GvG. If the marketing changed to include that it has a battle element the player base would shift to more that are interested in the battle side.

Battelgrounds does sound like a good concept and might encourage more to participate, but not many, probably those that find it difficult to get on Gvg at reset. Currently here are many non UK/Europe based players on this server, so that is a large part of the lack of participation, moving to 4h resets in GvG will increase the participation rate.

DeletedUser653

Inno market the game as a city building game, maybe that's the reason many do not get involved in GvG. If the marketing changed to include that it has a battle element the player base would shift to more that are interested in the battle side.

Battelgrounds does sound like a good concept and might encourage more to participate, but not many, probably those that find it difficult to get on Gvg at reset. Currently here are many non UK/Europe based players on this server, so that is a large part of the lack of participation, moving to 4h resets in GvG will increase the participation rate.

Er no your wrong, INNO marketed it as a game with city building and the need to battle to build an empire, review what it think is the first advert they came out with from aug 2012

I agree that during 2015-17 they tended to push the city build side before coming back to battles.
But if you want to succeed at the game you have to battle and only by fighting can you progress at a decent pace.

4 hour resets will hurt the top guilds to begin with but they will do what we did 4 years ago and try to get a balance of players from around the world as well as a hard core for the GMT 8pm resets. Then top guilds will be fighting across all resets and non top guilds will get decimated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7001

Can Inno please hurry up with a replacement for the GVG. It is stil as buggy and crap as it was when released. (They should never have ignored those Beta testers....) :P Im tired of rage quitting when it bugs out......

DeletedUser653

When FOE came out and for first 2 years or so it was only PC game, so mobile app was added much later and long after gvg was issued, so the hard core of players all started on PC. All Innos announcements say GvG will stay along side GbG and this is good for top guilds as GvG plus GbG is about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.