• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

Overlord
It is indeed troublesome to see that Inno dumps the 20/80 rule into the dustbin. From 20% of players - those that are fighting GvG (maybe less) - comes 80% of the diamonds income (maybe more). Hence, it doesn't come in volumes from mobile players. GvG is also the pillar that distinguishes the game from Farmville & Co..

Can you show proof for that?

DeletedUser6065

Am I correct in understanding that the only cost to individual players is for negotiations, and the only cost to the guild is for the buildings?
. . . mk

DeletedUser6065

And fights.
O.K. - trying yet again (for the third time) - What type of costs for the fights?
Negations are paid by the individuals with personal goods & fights are paid for by _________________. ← [fill in blank].
. . . . mk

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
O.K. - trying yet again (for the third time) - What type of costs for the fights?
Negations are paid by the individuals with personal goods & fights are paid for by _________________. ← [fill in blank].
. . . . mk

Your troops :)

There is no concept of siege...just like GE...you just hit it...

Would you be able to see the enemy troops before the battle (GE and C-map style) or you're going in blind (GvG and PvP) style? I suspect the former because the defs aren't put by other players as in GvG and PvP

stevejohnson

Private
I have read the article 3 or 4 times and I see it replacing GvG, successfully who knows, many play on tablets or phones so are excluded from GvG if you want them to play make it available

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
There has always been a built-in attrition feature with fighting. You can have 30k rogues, but game only lets you use a tiny fraction of them. Attrition is either you pay diamonds to heal your limited amount of troops you're allowed to use, you kill off all your damaged troops and get a new batch of limited troops to use or you stop once losses from damaged troops become too much.

Agent327

Overlord
There has always been a built-in attrition feature with fighting. You can have 30k rogues, but game only lets you use a tiny fraction of them. Attrition is either you pay diamonds to heal your limited amount of troops you're allowed to use, you kill off all your damaged troops and get a new batch of limited troops to use or you stop once losses from damaged troops become too much.

You can use 7 rogues in every fight. Only 8 would be more, but that means sudden death, so how can it be a tiny fraction?

DeletedUser105522

You can have 30k rogues, but game only lets you use a tiny fraction of them. Attrition is either you pay diamonds to heal your limited amount of troops you're allowed to use, you kill off all your damaged troops and get a new batch of limited troops to use or you stop once losses from damaged troops become too much.

Not sure why you need to kill your damaged units in order to get fresh ones. Game lets you see only 20 units of any type and there are always fresh units in that batch of 20 ( unless your numbers are low). Yes , it’s a pain in the *** to look for fresh units among those 20 available during fast fights and i don’t understand why wouldn’t INNO simply hide them and rotate to all 20 healthy units ( especially if i have thousands of them). This must be something to do with diamonds and heals like you guys mentioned above ;)
It is annoying as Hell for fast auto fighters on top of our city defence units sitting uselessly in front of the line.
2 of those simple fixes could’ve make many GvG fighters happy :)
——
Sorry for drifting away from the topic .

DeletedUser112994

I think this is going to be a great addition, and I am looking forward to trying it out.
In the Battlegrounds negotiations, will we be using the same goods as for GE? Will we be able to keep up with GE as well as doing Battlegrounds, goods-wise?
Is it possible to change the name of the new Battlegrounds to something that does not devolve to GB, the same as Great Buildings? eg Guild War, Guild Attack, ???

Emberguard

Legend
@griaxe there are times I actually prioritise wounded troops over healthy ones just because I know I’ll have harder battles coming up. With attrition being a thing in GBG it may end up being worthwhile using wounded troops for the earlier battles just to save the healthy troops for later

Also in GvG any troops added to a defence army heals up so in that situation it’s best to use wounded troops over healthy ones

That being said would be nice if there was a option to switch between whether it displays Healthy > Wounded or Wounded > Healthy so it suits the individuals preference and needs

DeletedUser107470

Just want to say what a difference to this forum in the last few weeks, Nice work Lady Marlena, your feed back is much appreciated and your positive attitude is clearly rubbing off on others.

Buts it a real shame that we still have a few people who want to dominate the discussions

DeletedUser111693

Here are my two cents about this new GBG feature:

1) Make the league feature be a server wide competition. If you limit it to be one world only then the same guilds will compete against each other every time and it will become boring very quick.

2) Attrition needs to have a gradual cooldown rather than a reset time, in order to prevent the well known reset time issues.

3) Negotiation need to be limited by a attrition-like system as well (make them more expensive for each one you win) or they will be balanced really poorly.

4) Please dont discontinue GvG - I know you claim that this is not the intended purpose, but I am a bit worried to be honest.

Other than that I am already really excited to play the new feature soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.