• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser116705

The new feature, while welcome, is the addition of individual efforts to reach a collective score (like GE). It is different to successful gvg which often requires several players to plan and co-ordinate their efforts at the same time. Regarding gvg if it really is too difficult to add gvg maps for eras not currently covered then I suggest it will be necessary to change the way the All Ages map works. At present players can lay siege at little risk/cost by places Iron Age troops and then attacking with whatever age they choose. If they are spotted attacks can be terminated at little cost. It should be a requirement to attack with the same age (+/- one) troops as the Siege Army laid. This would ensure that the cost/risk of attacking is more balanced with the cost of defending

DeletedUser116872

One of the biggest "problems" with GvG is that all the action happens right after the daily calculation. This is a particular pain point for en players where we have players from EU, NA, Aus etc (all time zones).
PLEASE don't introduce another daily reset time!!!!
Why not have it reduce over time instead?

DeletedUser105522

One of the biggest "problems" with GvG is that all the action happens right after the daily calculation.
I am 99% positive that they don’t care what we think and say about GvG in THIS particular thread and most GvG talk will be reaching a deaf ear. What they care about in this particular thread is what we think about new feature they want to introduce. I might be wrong ( hopefully) and Inno would relocate some resources from developing new things to improve, fix , expand our beloved GvG :)

Puablo

Corporal
Hopefully the 'pointscoring' or points awarded for participation will be kept away from those who only use PvP. In my view the scores in the PvP towers should be from PvP only. We can not compete with guilds who keep dropping sectors and retaking them for points, how can someone only doing PvP (and the stats show that this is the most popular)win against someone doing over 100 battles a day.
Sort out the battlefields to make is simple, but also sort out the scoring tables/towers.

DeletedUser110010

As a GE and GvG player I must emphasize GE for one thing. Every guild member could choose the time slot when to do his participation. GvG is time oriented which obligates everyone to be online on RESET time every day for a maximal success.
Make the new feature’s dynamic more into TEAM work and don’t force the participants to be online on exact time. This will burn the enthusiasm for the majority of the players.

Make possible to defend attacked sector. If a neighbor guild sieges your sector set a 24h time slot for attack. In this period everyone from attacking guild could make their contribution which will accumulate some total score for the guild (as in GE). In these 24 hours the players from the defending guild could do their battles against the siege army which will form a defending score. At the end of this time period that guild which accumulate bigger score will win the sector. If the defenders have a bigger score than the attackers the sector could stay theirs.

Please make balance between dynamic of the map and RL of your players otherwise you will lose them very soon.

DeletedUser108179

Sad to hear about GvG participation, it is one of the main reasons I play. So am also dispointed that you are abandoning the GvG system. Despite the promise of "improvements" (we've heard that one before) what GvG needed was mobile access and Map developement. Your excuses of 'too complicated' point to an alarming laziness for a company that takes in so much $$$ from the community.

On the new battleground, I too am concerned about the timing - this massive rush that occurs in and around resets, like 'Calc' in GvG. Time will tell.
It is indeed troublesome to see that Inno dumps the 20/80 rule into the dustbin. From 20% of players - those that are fighting GvG (maybe less) - comes 80% of the diamonds income (maybe more). Hence, it doesn't come in volumes from mobile players. GvG is also the pillar that distinguishes the game from Farmville & Co.
Yet, Inno makes all efforts to abandon the uniqueness (GvG) because every nut in the world is now playing some games on mobile.
Have separated games then, one for those that like to fight, the other one Inno can then subsidise for the armchair town, city and building builders ...

DeletedUser108179

if they take GVG off of the game me and many of the 5% will be leaving the game
Add me on to it ... Without GvG can play any dummy city building game on Apps of which there are thousands ... main issue why Inno pretends to be holding on to it is that the 5% GVG fighters possibly pay 95% of it ... the city builders won't spend a dime for the game.

DeletedUser108179

I like how you don't even read my post before you reply with "but muh GvG!" lol :D
Both read the post and made a statement as you did. Your quoted reply here doesn't say anything.
You knoe FoE just a few months hammering on a damn mobile and want to tell players that are in this game many years starting with GvG what about it ??? LMAO

DeletedUser108179

from all the worlds like in the GE
take 20% of each guilds members with the highest defense bonus percentage within a guild and create an average, take the points score with the top 20% of the guild members and create a second average, use these 2 averages to group each battleground with guilds of nearest approximate on both these 2 averages and you'll have fairly matched guilds fighting against each other.
If a Guild has 8 Members, you count then 1.6 for the average ? ... Don't think this way works.

DeletedUser108179

I'll repeat myself again, the more activities you add to this game, which quickly become mandatory if you don't want to be left in the dust, the more players will continue to abandon it. Quit adding more and more time consuming stuff, start adding time conserving stuff. You will lose your most active players if this keeps up.
Spot on !!

DeletedUser108179

I am 99% positive that they don’t care what we think and say about GvG in THIS particular thread and most GvG talk will be reaching a deaf ear. What they care about in this particular thread is what we think about new feature they want to introduce. I might be wrong ( hopefully) and Inno would relocate some resources from developing new things to improve, fix , expand our beloved GvG :)
They just need to change the reset time to a time that a sector is shielded 24 hours from time being taken.
That is such a simple thing to program and to do. No more jam, no more lag.
As well it would be fair play disregarding which time zone you are living.

DeletedUser108179

I saw earlier in the post after announcement following:

"How will small guilds with less than 10 players will be able to fight against big guild with 80 players without losing for sure?
Answer: The big guild will be in a higher league and the small guild in a lower league, so once the leagues are sorted, the differences should not be too vast."

However, assuming "higher" leagues getting higher rewards at the end it is still putting smaller guilds at a disadvantage. It ends up the bigger ones grow bigger, the smaller ones grow slow. A larger Guild could easily have 30 to 50 players starting off at once and claiming all sectors/provinces that they can reach.

How about LIMITING any fights (or negos) to a maximum of (let's say) 3 per hour (take any number suitable).
Even then is a small disadvantage left that smaller guild's players need to fight a few more and have then higher attrition. But that's a feasible price to pay I guess. Somehow the difference (disadvantage) between smaller and larger guilds need to be compensated.

DeletedUser

This is still in the concept stage and no development has even begun on it. This will be months likely rather than weeks, as it is a large feature and still needs design, development and testing

So they have time to fix GvG first then, and do themselves a favour. :)

Deleted member 109369

how many fights will we have to win to take province 80 like in GVG or less or more ?

The answer is - this has not been set yet as it will be part of balancing and balancing won't happen until well after the concept is finalized. I'll add this to the question and answer page next time I make a batch update :)

Status
Not open for further replies.