• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 109369

on french forum they poasted a list of most asked questions about this new feature

So did we which we attached to the actual announcement so they wouldn't get lost. It is also a work in progress as questions are being added at a fairly quick pace from all servers, so I'll be doing my best to keep that piece updated. So do check there first , in case I've answered it (possibly not yet :) ) Feedback on all servers so far has been great and a lot of really good questions are being asked as well as suggestions for it.

our page
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-battlegrounds.37671/#post-381016

DeletedUser113470

I like the fact that negotiation is an option. I personally find the fighting side of this game somewhat tedious and boring. I usually choose negotiation over battle when it's an option (and I'm not low on goods). I think this opens the feature up to a wider set of players, which is good.

I do think attrition should apply to negotiation. Both DC and GE have varying levels of negotiation cost/difficulty. I would think this could easily be done here, where your attrition value (from both fighting and negotiating) determines the cost/difficulty of the next negotiation.

I also agree that attrition is something that should decay over time, rather than reset at a specific time of day. That would add an element of strategy around attrition: Do I fight or negotiate now? Or do I wait an hour our 2 to increase my chances of being successful?

I do look forward to seeing this implemented.

Vesiger

Monarch
People have been questioning the defence system - it sounds rather like the 'Guild Wars' that were added to another online game that I play, Creature Quest. In that game every guild gets given a set of buildings each of which carries a boost; you can garrison armies in buildings but you can't defend them in real time. The war consists of guilds attacking one another's buildings. You score points for damaging buildings, and more for being the one to contribute the 'death blow', and these accumulated points can be spent to raise the level of your own buildings. But every time another guild scores a death blow on one of your buildings, it goes down a level again (and the bonus reduces).
So the only way to raise the level of your buildings is to score enough points attacking other guilds in order to promote them faster than your opponents can knock them down...

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
"To take a province, every guild member can click on an eligible province and either perform a fight or a negotiation. These fights and negotiations will always match the era of the player who performs it, allowing every guild member to participate in a feasible manner!"

Will the eligible province always have one wave fights or could it include 2 waves?

How many armies per province? 1 set/ 2 sets or will it be 8 sets (GVG)?

What happens if multiple players (same guild or different guilds) try and take same province?

Can a guild simultaneously attack multiple provinces?

Unlike GVG there is no need to move HQ correct? A guild can keep on expanding their territory?

Deleted member 109369

"To take a province, every guild member can click on an eligible province and either perform a fight or a negotiation. These fights and negotiations will always match the era of the player who performs it, allowing every guild member to participate in a feasible manner!"

Will the eligible province always have one wave fights or could it include 2 waves?

How many armies per province? 1 set/ 2 sets or will it be 8 sets (GVG)?

What happens if multiple players (same guild or different guilds) try and take same province?

Can a guild simultaneously attack multiple provinces?

Unlike GVG there is no need to move HQ correct? A guild can keep on expanding their territory?

Questions forwarded thank you :)

DeletedUser6065

1. How is this sustainable?? If one Guildie is attacking by himself - troops are gonna dry up pretty fast. Is this just 'GvG for Mobile Users.'? As far as I can tell, your still gonna need several people attacking at one time, it's just that you don't necessarily need a 'Trusted' to place the siege.
2. Does the cost per province go up in the ridiculous manner as GvG? Good for the large Guilds, I suppose.
. . . mk

joesoap

Major-General
When a battleground ends, guilds may obtain various rewards which depend on placement:

Prestige Points for the ranking
Guild Power
Each member will get fragments for a completely new, upgradeable building that will provide Guild Power, Guild Treasury Goods and Forge Points

i think that the last individual fragment part should be calculated for each player & how much they do as opposed to every1 in the guild getting the same reward so if players do nothing & contribute nothing they should get nothing back

DeletedUser6065

Will Guilds have a minimum amount of members required for GB, or can one-person guilds partake? The structure seems to indicate a minimum membership needed, unless there are hundreds of battlegrounds created for the single player guilds.
. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds Like fun.

Be sure to fix/not introduce the release and retake issue that GvG has.

Guilds release sectors just before the reset clock - at less than 1 minute before reset.
And then they can retake that at same sector in just a few minutes - right after the new reset begins.

If a guild releases a sector, they are not allowed to retake that sector for 24 hours. but the flaw allows it.
This a major flaw in the game!

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I'll repeat myself again, the more activities you add to this game, which quickly become mandatory if you don't want to be left in the dust, the more players will continue to abandon it. Quit adding more and more time consuming stuff, start adding time conserving stuff. You will lose your most active players if this keeps up.

LastWarrior

Lieutenant Colonel
This BM is a superb Idea, at last a guild will be rewarded for what the guild does against another guild and it should be possible to stop a guild sending out ghost guilds, alleyluya.
Now there should be no pacts between guilds and everybody should be rewarded for attacking ALL guilds on their map, we do not need any collusion at all.
I wish lol.
Bring it on, oh and as for the current GvG get it binned and save yourself an awful lot of hassle.
Well done
Warrior

DeletedUser117526

I think this is a great idea. What I would like to know is will the Support Pool which you get from Obs and some others, count towards this Guild Battlegrounds (GBG)? In our guild we have worked hard to get our Obs levels higher, and if all it does is count towards GvG (which whilst still there - it will be diluted by this new feature), the Support Pool will be less useful than it is now. I hope it has some impact on GBG. Thanks.

DeletedUser109228

Nikos from Greece,Athens exist my play.
New locations always excited.Peaceful also interesting ideas exist.
Scenario with fixed size troops participate player and guilds sum No units,also interesting.
Location use optional past epoch troops of city,personal challenge,nice idea.
Hope got new values or unique stock collection values or goods too.
Thanks.

Sanc P

Private
Like previous posters have written, the attrition should ideally reduce over time. If it resets at a specific point in time, we could just end up with another GvG reset battle fest with few people playing at any other time.

Looks interesting though.

DeletedUser117528

Will guild battlegrounds be available to guilds with one member?

Status
Not open for further replies.