• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 109369

Guild Battlegrounds! Read the announcement here

Please leave your feedback below, and we'll look into your ideas and opinions. We'll collect feedback for the next two weeks (until 3rd June 2019), integrate feedback into the concept and share an update within 3 weeks (by 10th June 2019). We will also hold a live Q&A on Facebook & Instagram on the 22nd May 2019 at 17:00 CEST (15:00 UTC). We hope you understand the reasons for this step and look forward to your feedback. Forge of Empires is played by millions of amazing players and together, we will make it even better!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this looks really interesting and will allow everyone to take part. Might be a bit difficult in the first few weeks when all guilds are in the same league so will be a bit of mismatch but once that's sorted itself out it should be good.

I can't wait :)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
At first sight this looks very good. If it addresses the many problems with the current GvG offering it will be a winner in my book.

Last edited:

DeletedUser116572

first it is confusing that your post in this thread says
Please leave your feedback here in this thread
but the link points to the original announcement

what steps are being taken to prevent a logjam of activity at certain times
for instance at the very beginning of each new 10 day period or at the reset of attrition

I like the concept a lot. Really curious how it would work out in reality. Also, would you make a mobile version too? Half the reason people don't do GvG now is the lack of it on mobile version.
The Announcement said:
With everything above in mind, we believe the right path is not to bring GvG to mobile but instead to develop a brand-new Guild feature to run alongside it, on all platforms

Agent327

Overlord
Inno is contradicting itself

Scalability - When we designed and implemented GvG five years ago, it was not planned for Forge of Empires as a game to have ages past the Future Era. Therefore, when Arctic Future was implemented, the All Age map was added to try and get around the issue of an ever-growing game.

With this possible new feature you will create a growing game. Maybe not ever growing, but definately growing, so you need to make up your mind. Drop GVG and replace it with Battlegrounds, or fix GvG for once and for all. Not still try to fix GVG and add Battlegrounds.

With Batlegrounds also giving prestige it will influence the guild ranking. The number of prestige given will influence a Guilds decission on what will benefit them more. GvG or Battlegrounds.

DeletedUser114342

There was nothing in the announcement about whether this feature is available on the app. If it’s not, then I know I won’t be participating :(

DeletedUser

Sorry I personally would prefer Inno fix the existing system, the main reason it has only a 5 percent attendance is because it has been left running with so many issues and the devs have not fixed it.

This lack of concern for it players has led to many leaving the game and many just abandoning GvG.

So lets just fix it

DeletedUser106014

I must have missed something, because I thought GvG was already open to all Guild members.

Have you considered that maybe 95% do not want to participate in GvG?

I think battlegrounds will be interesting, and no doubt there will be a big uptake initially, which may continue if it is giving out treats, but I would sincerely hope that the current GvG does not get sidelined and shut down in the process. Run them concurrently for a decent time so we can play both and make an informed decision which is the better fight and stick with that.

Deleted member 109369

first it is confusing that your post in this thread says

but the link points to the original announcement

what steps are being taken to prevent a logjam of activity at certain times
for instance at the very beginning of each new 10 day period or at the reset of attrition

Not enough coffee. I fixed that, thank you.

DeletedUser117065

Slight concern mixing existing 'Guild Leadership' with 'Battleground Leadership' for Building management. Can they be separated or use 'Trusted' for Battleground, as was the case in GvG?

Deleted member 109369

I must have missed something, because I thought GvG was already open to all Guild members.

Have you considered that maybe 95% do not want to participate in GvG?

I think battlegrounds will be interesting, and no doubt there will be a big uptake initially, which may continue if it is giving out treats, but I would sincerely hope that the current GvG does not get sidelined and shut down in the process. Run them concurrently for a decent time so we can play both and make an informed decision which is the better fight and stick with that.

It is yes, however it is only available to those using the browser. GvG is not available on the mobile app and will not be.

zirrania

Private
This concept sounds really exciting and I can't wait for it to be implemented. I think it will prove to be very popular because it sounds like a much fairer system of allowing all ability and level of player to participate. I look forward to having something that all of my guild members can join in with, rather than having to desperately try and recruit GvG players.
As for GvG, I am surprised to read that you plan on keeping it as well. You already said that very few players actually use it, and I think it would be a much better use of your resources to ditch it once the new battle system is up and running well. I have always disliked the fact that part of the game is inaccessible to those who use mobile platforms (although I only resort to mobile when I am away from home, much prefer the PC for gaming).

Status
Not open for further replies.