• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Battleground - Purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I question an American dictionary on the history of the English language.

Never going to get the history right when they can't even spell properly

Vesiger

Monarch
I should say that the intended purpose of the Guild Battlegrounds was to provide the players complaining about more of the same all the time with something to do. From the developers' point of view, it's very hard to keep providing new content for a game that has already developed way beyond its original limit and which has an impatient squad of very rich and powerful endgame players waiting to whisk through every new era as soon as it is released, using all the resources accumulated while they were waiting. It's extremely hard to provide new content that scales well both for players just starting out and for those with event buildings and bonuses coming out of their ears.

And the subsidiary purpose was presumably to provide a form of directly visible inter-guild competition that was accessible to mobile players, as has long been demanded.

On both fronts my impression so far is that they have done pretty well.

DeletedUser110131

That's some great and very reliable data. "I haven't seen it".
"I haven't seen it" is data. That's just a matter of dictionary definition. Look it up. It was available, and nothing better was available to me. I can't see how you could have reason to doubt this.

Nobody has "great and very reliable data" at this point. Technically, 3 observations is enough to speculate a pattern. I had 4 observations. Based on that, I formed a speculative hypotheses, which was wrong. I don't apologize for that. However, for reasons that were obviously bad, I was also overconfident about my speculation. That's the mistake that's worthy of criticism. However, let's not go completely overboard. It wasn't exactly an academic paper, was it?

The real question, of course, is how much code would go into such an algorithm. Unfortunately, I haven't the foggiest notion. Since I'm also busy learning my lesson about speculation, I can't meet your expectation of an estimate. Sorry.

DeletedUser111359

There's no reason to sort based on guild size. The stated purpose is to sort based on how good the guild is at controlling the map. If a small guild can manage that, then more power to them.

DeletedUser110131

On both fronts my impression so far is that they have done pretty well.
Absolutely. I'm happy about the addition. However, they're also in the business of making money. There's no shame in that. There's also no shame in us having thoughts about it. Players should be aware of it, especially in this kind of game, which can get out of hand for some individuals. Inno must certainly be aware of the conflict of interest, and seems tolerant of our awareness and discussion of it. It's to their credit. Still doesn't change the fact that they're in the business of making money, though.

Is a second feedback thread really necessary
Well, this one has its own focus. Battlegrounds is also a pretty big topic, so a few threads don't seem excessive to me.

DeletedUser110131

Exactly!!

And yet your "I haven't seen it" is reason enough for you to come up with a totally unfounded assumption. 4 observations. How on earth could you be wrong? :?
Whoever said I couldn't be wrong? While I was overconfident, I definitely didn't say that. You're arguing against no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.