• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Admin Conversations - Feedback

"In addition, there is now an automatic deletion process for important conversations, to ensure that only the 500 most recent messages are saved. Any messages that are older will be deleted after 60 days."

Deleting posts in importnat messages after 60 days? That is not a good change as I have guild rules, introduction post, etc posted under importnat messages so all new members can read it... Unless I understand something wrong I'll have to keep posting them again and again so they are not deleted

HapsterD

Private
Only message 501+ will be deleted after 60 days... as i understand it
I hope your guild doesn't have 500 messages worth of rules :P

I like the new feature, already using it right away.
I wish there could also be another thread typ for Guild Battleground, where only people with Guild Battleground rights will enter.

Also hoping for admins to be able to delete other peoples messages in the future :)
But everything looks awesome, keep up the great work Inno-Staff

Velah

Private
Appreciate the limit of important messages being raised, although I too share concerns about whether this means all important messages older than 60 days will be deleted, or whether it's only those that go above the 500 limit as HapsterD suggested. If it's the former, how would they be different from normal messages aside from having the little yellow marker? I'd personally much rather the limit be only raised to 10 but keep them as permanent messages.

Sly OwlBeard

Private
"In addition, there is now an automatic deletion process for important conversations, to ensure that only the 500 most recent messages are saved. Any messages that are older will be deleted after 60 days."

Deleting posts in importnat messages after 60 days? That is not a good change as I have guild rules, introduction post, etc posted under importnat messages so all new members can read it... Unless I understand something wrong I'll have to keep posting them again and again so they are not deleted

This is indeed worrying, can we get clarification please?

Sly OwlBeard

Private
I have found clarification.
it is much clearer in the actual message system.

"messages older than 60 days are deleted, but 'important' conversations save the 500 most recent messages from deletion!"

Knight of ICE

It's only after you have reached 500 important messages and you post important message 501 a message will be removed after 60 days, so you are back at 500.

Beats me how a Guild can have 500 important messsages.

HapsterD

Private
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I made one of these Admin-Only threads in the Guild tab. I checked and tested a lot of times who were in this thread and it was the admins-only for a while..

After an hour or so i changed the name of the thread and suddenly this Admin-Only thread was visible to all Guild Members. It still had the Grey icon on it, but all Guild Members were added to this thread.

Im pretty sure there are no buttons to change the Admin-Only thread to a Normal Thread... And i don't think it was because of the name change, but somehow it did happen... I am positive i pressed the Admin-Only button when creating the thread, because i posted there after checking who was in it. It also showed the Grey Icon on the thread-type...

Last edited:

Sly OwlBeard

Private
I have also found an issue with this new 'admin only' thread.

I made an admin only post and asked everyone that could read it to reply and non admin have replied.

labmoo2

Private
exactly the same happened to us. created an admin only test thread. checked who was in, only admins listed. after a short period, started getting posts from non-admins. checked who was in, and whole Guild had access AND admin rights to the thread.

Sly OwlBeard

Private
It's only after you have reached 500 important messages and you post important message 501 a message will be removed after 60 days, so you are back at 500.

Beats me how a Guild can have 500 important messsages.

no one was saying they needed more than 500 important messages, we were asking for clarity on the badly worded part about message deletion.

"Any messages that are older will be deleted after 60 days." - this sentence makes it seem like all messages older than 60 days will be deleted.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
no one was saying they needed more than 500 important messages, we were asking for clarity on the badly worded part about message deletion.

"Any messages that are older will be deleted after 60 days." - this sentence makes it seem like all messages older than 60 days will be deleted.
Agreed, they should have written "all subsequent messages" :lol: