• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guides to all fights until early middle ages + GVG

• Thread starter DeletedUser109552
  • Start date

DeletedUser109552

Hello players,

I published a set of videos on YouTube. There you will find all fights up to early middle ages (including bonus sectors) in the channel FoETipps:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChQYwR_N1IOq0H5bR406p9w

Just some examples:
- Tarmelmann:
- Teufelsfurt:

You also find a guide for GvG there:

All these videos are in German. I am thinking about making an English version of that Channel.

My questions:
- do these videos already help people who cannot understand German?
- would it help more to help English voice (but still German pictures)?

Looking forward to read your feedback.

Vesiger

Monarch
Well, your enunciation is excellent - my rudimentary German plus a knowledge of the subject matter ('mounted archers', for example, is not a word already present in your average English-speaker's school vocabulary!) helped me to puzzle out some of it. Though I didn't grasp the important question which has always evaded me, how to get the right troops to fight the right opponents (e.g. the cavalry to fight the enemy artillery without getting largely wiped out first by the equal body of fast-moving enemy cavalry)

The German text in the pictures isn't really a problem - I'm viewing it on mobile and most of the text isn't visible anyway. And I know what "Sieg!" means ;-)

DeletedUser109552

I just created an example (introduction of the upcoming soccer event) to provide an idea how it would sound in English. I am not a native English speaker. I hope my pronouncation will not hurt too much.

DeletedUser12400

This Forge of Empires server is an English game. The use of other languages is forbidden. This means all communication and all publications must be in English. A short phrase or a universally known saying in another language is permitted, provided that this is translated to English either directly following or preceding it.
Most of us don't understand german language but if you would translate or add subtitles in english then your videos might be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Sorry for being pretty late to the party, but to give you some more feedback:
My questions:

Looking forward to read your feedback.
Unfortunately, I don't understand a word you're saying when this is in German. On your other guides when you narrated in English was completely fine since the pictures are more universal and easier to recognize, even when there's German text.

I just created an example (introduction of the upcoming soccer event) to provide an idea how it would sound in English. I am not a native English speaker. I hope my pronouncation will not hurt too much.
This one was very good! :) One more tip I would have mentioned there would be to disable animations on the shots because you can get in more shots per second, earning a higher win chance per second.