• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Guide]The new trade system as of 07-09-2012

DeletedUser

Sorry but I think that this Trade system is a bit misleading...
I just lost 10 wine and in the Iron age it is a lot... well for me at least. And currently I'm in a very bad spot now because I need 18 of it. I was thinking of buying 7 for 35 diamonds since that is all I have, but now it won't help me in any way... It is bad because I can't spend my Forge points for as long as I don't unlock Militia or Architecture And since I don't produce stone i need wine.
I think you should change the OFFER and NEED to something that wouldn't mislead people. Like BUY. SELL
I still don't really understand which is the one that I am selling and which is the one I am buying...
What happened is that I tried trading 10 wood to 1 wine and of course you already know what happened.
So can you please make it more simple?

DeletedUser4089

I believe the game does ask you to confirm the transaction, showing in clear terms what you will give, and what you will get.
I don't have any problem following the trade screen, but maybe I'm just used to it.

DeletedUser

epic noob moment, but i see a trade for 2 wine for 2 mmarble, yet i need to use a forge point? ithink having to use forge points to trade is a stupid idea. completely ruins the economy :(

DeletedUser

Trading with people from your neighbourhood always costs (and has cost) a forge point :D
It became better with the release of guilds - trading with your guild mates is forge point free!

DeletedUser11159

I am a bit confused; the bulk of your post and the replies imply that a trade offered without guild only check box and accepted by guild member will cost them a forge point, but the last paragraph "The open market system is so you can trade with your neighbors, but your guild mates can still take the trades as well, but if a neighbor accepts the trade, he will pay the 1 forge point, and a guild mate will not." implies the opposite. Assuming that open market system refers to offer without checkbox - or is that something else again?

Any chance of a clarification (thx for the post btw)

DeletedUser

I am a bit confused; the bulk of your post and the replies imply that a trade offered without guild only check box and accepted by guild member will cost them a forge point, but the last paragraph "The open market system is so you can trade with your neighbors, but your guild mates can still take the trades as well, but if a neighbor accepts the trade, he will pay the 1 forge point, and a guild mate will not." implies the opposite. Assuming that open market system refers to offer without checkbox - or is that something else again?

Any chance of a clarification (thx for the post btw)

A guild member can accept an open market trade without paying a forge point :) Apart from the second part of the original post having a slightly misleading name, I think it is fairly well explained how it works.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser11159

You are right, re-reading it, it is really just the headings that make it a little misleading.

Another question - do friends yield forge point free trades?

DeletedUser

Is there a time limit on a trade offer?

I'm missing an offer I've made yesterday. I would understand it if there's a 24 hours limit on an offer, since I haven't pulled it and no one has accepted it.

DeletedUser

Is there a time limit on a trade offer?

I'm missing an offer I've made yesterday. I would understand it if there's a 24 hours limit on an offer, since I haven't pulled it and no one has accepted it.

There is no limit on how long a trade stays up in the market. Have you tried refreshing your browser? I noticed just earlier today that a couple trades I had up that I was eagerly waiting for someone to accept weren't on the market anymore, but hadn't shown up in my news feed yet.. but after I re-loaded my browser window, they were listed in the news.

DeletedUser

Can guild members see my neighborhood deals?

Yes. Guild members can see all the trades by their fellow guild members, which includes neighbourhood trades. It is your neighbours who cannot see any trades which you've marked as "guild only".

DeletedUser

That is unfortunate. I setup different trade ratios for guild members and neighbors. I find my neighborhood deals popping up in the guild member list as an unnecessary spam. Is there a way to distinguish the two?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There used to be, but not at the moment. The game is still in beta, so it might get something like that in the future, but who knows.