• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Guide] The Gold Coin Super Guide

Surge

Brigadier-General
Update Changelog

-Created a new post on St. Mark's dynamics. Currently, the post describes a newbie's illusion and which type of house the building favors.

Upcoming Plans

-Update on Modern Era houses.
-Two Lane Road problem.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Update Changelog

-Updated the guide to now include Modern Era houses.
-Made moderate improvements upon the main guide.
-Updated the charts accordingly to include Modern Era houses, the new town hall income figures, and fix the "missing values" from the Iron Age Villa. As the charts exceed 1,000 pixels in length, they are /spoilered. Both charts are made by me.
-Updated the tips section about new town hall income information.
-The Raids/Conquest part of the tips is also now mostly revised to reflect on advanced gameplay.

Upcoming Plans

-Two Lane Road problem.

DeletedUser7719

Wow Surge, keep up the good work! Two more things for other methods for coin gaining:
1) GB Bonuses (like the pathetic coins from St. Basils, Space Needle, etc.)
2) Quest Rewards (this actually plays a nice percentage into my coin gainage with a level 9 CF and 40 hatters :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
Wow Surge, keep up the good work! Two more things for other methods for coin gaining:
1) GB Bonuses (like the pathetic St. Basils, Space Needle, etc.)
2) Quest Rewards (this actually plays a nice percentage my coin gainage with a level 9 CF and 40 hatters :p)

I haven't actually thought of CF and the like. Thanks for the reminder! I'll get around to it when I look into two lane roads.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Update Changelog

-Updated the guide to now include Postmodern Era houses. There may be a possibility that the values will change, but considering it's been nearly a month, that is unlikely.
-Charts are updated appropriately to include the new houses.

Upcoming Plans

-Two Lane Road problem. It's been difficult approaching this, so it might not be done that soon.
-Update on the tips section to have more details on Great Buildings.

DeletedUser

this guide's kind of out of date. stilt houses haven't given 13 coins for ages

before: stilts: 13 coins per 15 minutes
now: stilts: 11 coins per 15 minutes

another issue: why would anybody want to use cottages until the high middle ages? clapboards are superior in every way. 240 coins in 8 hours is always better than 110 coins in 4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
Good eyes Huscarl. I hadn't even realized that is the case. I should review all the values then, not just the stilt house. I'll update it the next chance I get.

DeletedUser

Good eyes Huscarl. I hadn't even realized that is the case. I should review all the values then, not just the stilt house. I'll update it the next chance I get.

Those were the only two issues I have with the guide. Other than that it seems solid.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Those were the only two issues I have with the guide. Other than that it seems solid.

Yeah, quite a bit of this stuff was written way back when LMA was the highest age, and that goes far back. A lot of things changed. And I did see quite a bit of high guys in HMA using cottages for some time before entering LMA, but that most likely changed now. I'll need to rewrite some stuff entirely at some point, probably when the game goes out of "beta."

Surge

Brigadier-General
Update Changelog

-Two Lane Road Problem. Finally. Listed in the St. Mark's section.
-Updated the tips section to include all great buildings that provide coins as a secondary booster.

Upcoming Plans

-Two Lane Road Problem.

DeletedUser9168

Surge - do you mention anything about the Shrine of Knowledge as a useful source of coin here anywhere? (i looked but couldn't find it)

Surge

Brigadier-General
Oh, darn. I forgot about those. Not just Shrine of Knowledge, but also King/Queen, Log Cabin, and maybe a few other event buildings I am missing. Thanks for pointing that out jampots. I'll work on it soon. Busy week ahead.

If there's anything you feel that's missing, be sure to tell me. I like doing updates in bulk.

DeletedUser103056

Country House - The Country House can fit 207 people and produces 560 coins per hour.
Should be 8 hours, it's correct in the summary part =P

Surge

Brigadier-General
Flash edit. Thanks for pointing that out, Obblivion. I'll have to reread and rewrite the guide when I can to see if there's anything more to say.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Update Changelog

-Rewritten all Bronze Age houses.
-Rewritten all Postmodern Era houses to comply with the changes made in u1.32.
-Added all coin-producing special buildings to part 2 of the guide.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Update Changelog

-Added the Oasis and Witch Doctor from the Summer 2014 Event to part 2 of the guide.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Update Changelog

-Added Contemporary Era houses in the first part.
-Updated charts in the third part for the Contemporary Era.
-Enclosed ages and topics in spoilers for more convenient browsing and specific searches.

This one took a while, I know. But it's finally here!

DeletedUser

4 Hour and 8 Hour production houses net the smallest amount of money in the game, and a Hut can outrace even the mighty Apartment House in the Late Middle Age! These are worth only for the population and for overnight income, so don't fill more than half your city with these unless you desperately need population or if you are generally inactive.

I realize it's been a while since this guide has been updated, but I really think this statement here undervalues motivation. Huts outproduce apartments only if you assume 0 motivation. If you have 30 apartments and get them all motivated daily (90 motivations total), apartments outstrip hut production by a long shot, if you also assume 90 motivations of huts.