• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guide Competition Winners Poll

• Thread starter DeletedUser4089
  • Start date

Guide Competition Winners Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser4089

Hello my fellow forum-goers, the time has come to vote the winners of the guide competition!

There are 4 for you to choose from, everyone gets 1 vote, and no mind-changing so choose carefully. The vote will be open for 5 days and then we will announce the winners.

See the entries here:
Most Efficient Guide by Sephcornel
Points tables by - TyRioN BlacK -
Warfare Guide. by Frankus-I
Putting the Horse before the Cart: A Thorough Guide for Early to Mid Game by Jprice

Good luck to all our entrants, and thanks for your participation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All my respect towards these people who contributed with time and effort to form these guides, so that new players can join our worlds.

My vote was for the Warfare Guide, not because it is more important then others but because it was the most explicit in my humble opinion.

DeletedUser

Most Efficient Guide: Because it would be the most widely used and constructive. (Love them all!)

DeletedUser7719

All of them are great, but my vote will be...
(I'm not telling!)

DeletedUser

All my respect towards these people who contributed with time and effort to form these guides, so that new players can join our worlds.

My vote was for the Warfare Guide, not because it is more important then others but because it was the most explicit in my humble opinion.

Thank you kindly.

DeletedUser

I vote for "Putting the Horse before the Cart: A Thorough Guide for Early to Mid Game" is is the most comprehensive and takes different play styles into account.

DeletedUser9759

I vote for "Putting the Horse before the Cart: A Thorough Guide for Early to Mid Game" is is the most comprehensive and takes different play styles into account.

Thank you so much, but I think that fact that your my wife my make you slightly bias. :p

DeletedUser

There are some good guides on here, thank you all for the information and good luck.

DeletedUser

I think everyone did a pretty good job making the guides and I'm sure they'll be and have been very helpful for players.

My choice tallied between the Warfare guide and the Horse before the Cart.
Both are very extensive, thorough and informative.
In the end I went for Jprice's for simply covering more general info and being a bit of a walk-through, while taking multiple playing styles into account, where asFrankus-I's guide was more focused on one aspect of the game.
Even though that aspect was covered extremely well, I think for a 'best guide' title, a general walk-through has a bit of an edge here.

- L

DeletedUser9759

Thank you Lodroth you complement and support are greatly appreciated. With that said I agree that Frankus-I's guide is extremely well done, I have even used a couple pointers I have found in there.

DeletedUser9759

The end time for this competition is posted in which time zone?

DeletedUser4089

The end time is posted in server time (GMT +2)

Roughly 25 hours and 10 minutes left

DeletedUser9759

horse gide is messy an hard to reed sorry for english

vladvlad, This is the first guide I have ever written, as such constructive criticism is very welcome. Could you expand on what was "messy" or "hard to read"?

Unless this is the Vlad I know from Dr. Adler's research lab, in which case you can just go pump off a tall building. Not until after we find your replacement on the WoW raid team though.

DeletedUser4089

Thanks to everyone that participated, whether you wrote the guides, used the guides or voted for the guides. We'll have the winners announcement and prizes given out as soon as I find my boss...