• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Grouping messages

• Thread starter DeletedUser113235
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser113235

Hi

Right now you can only create a new message and add the players you have interaction with (Friends, Guild, Neighborhood)

And then what happens is that you have tons of messages and you need to scroll back for ages until you get to an old message. Sometimes you just miss other messages due to the problematic interface of the message center.

I'm suggesting a small change to improve the organization of the messages: Message Group.
This is a private feature, that means that player can create Message Group and only he will see the name of the Group and the content inside (The other messages he adds to there)
For example:
Guild has several swap threads.
Player A, create Message Group and put those threads in it, he calls the group "guild swaps"
Player B, create Message Group and put the same threads in it, he calls the group "My Guild Swaps"
The threads themselves are public, but only the player that created some Message Group can see the group.

I hope you understand my point.

Option to add this feature:
Create new Tab Called "Message Group"
There the player can see his Groups of messages and create new ones,
Where he click on any group then he can add messages to it, remove messages from it, change the name or delete the group.
* deleting the group won't delete the messages in it

The groups will be visible in the "Message Overview" tab, and when clicking on some group then you can access the messages that you added to this group.

DeletedUser108234

The game does not really give any possibility to organize messages... so this would help indeed.

If there are no plans to improve message organization, would it be possible to set an option to receive message on a private mail (maybe the same as we use when registering our account?). All mail providers have a lot of features to organize and filter messages. This could save time from developers? At least waiting for improvements on the message tool... if any planned?

Anyway, for message tool improvement, I support the idea proposed in this thread...

+1

DeletedUser

Iffy about this one would the heads up for a new message be visible enough?

DeletedUser112745

There’s a similar idea which suggests different inboxes for guild, friend and neighbour messages, like the different chat rooms for guild etc on the PC version. That one seems simpler. Having custom inboxes for every player in the game would take up an awful lot of server space.

DeletedUser113235

There’s a similar idea which suggests different inboxes for guild, friend and neighbour messages, like the different chat rooms for guild etc on the PC version. That one seems simpler. Having custom inboxes for every player in the game would take up an awful lot of server space.

Everything is taking server space.
That is the point of Multiplayer games.
Even client side actions eventually checked in the server.

The purpose of my ideas is improve the user experience in the game.
And I have few lists of ideas

Shad23

Emperor
+1 and add a function in msg center to filter as spam some msgs you don't want to read like groupe msg's with no title i never read them they go right in trash lol

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
+1
Great minds think alike, your mind is the greatest and my mind is greater than yours, that's why we well-met here:
I was thinking about an inprovement to the message center, too. It's very simple -- The player should be provided with a "pin to top" function (perhaps limited to the pinning of only 1 message) so that a message of greater of longer significance to the player is not bumped by the frequently updating but insignificant messages, and sunk to the bottom page. For example, I secretly write down my great building status posted in the Guild Swap in an inactive chat thread and want it to stay at the top because everytime I open the message center I'd always turn several pages to look for this specific thread.
(Alternatively, a sticker textbox to take some private note. Or, a new Great Building, that allows that player to write note on it and display it in style in the city, with each level up, a fancier style or a longer limit of characters in the note is allowed... OK I think this is too far-fetching now)

Of the above --
Simplification: "personal pin-to-top in message center".
Generalization: "spam prevention" or "custom inbox"

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Generally looking , yes the message centar needs improvement... +1
Edit: i actually have been thinking , and ye i would really love to have ability to do this and to groupe mesages for better use ... also wouldn't hurt if i could make my self custom notifications for some of them ...

Last edited: