• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Greifental province is impossible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ugh...been trying for the past 2 days trying to conquer the last section of this province, but I just can't seem to find a solution. I'm talking about the section in Greifental province with 1 mounted archer, 3 heavy cavalry, and 3 catapults.

Can anyone help me or post how they got through this sector?

DeletedUser

For around that age try using 4 light infantry, mercenaries, and 4 long range units, ballista probably.

You should be able to kill 2 of the catapults before they can fire and your mercenaries will be able to clear the cavalry with the support of the long range units once the catapults are gone.

DeletedUser

But those are EMA units. I only just got into the iron age. The thing is, so far I've been able to conquer the other provinces easily with bronze age units, and so I assumed that militia and slingers would be sufficient to get past Greifental. Is this not the case?

DeletedUser

Highly doubtful, the cavalry will rush to you in 2 or 3 turns max while the ballista will take you our from afar.

What chomp said or if you can get some iron age troops; 4 archers, 3 ballista and a light infantry to shield the first turn.

DeletedUser2037

I think if you can not fight with your troops, try to negotiate. sometimes the balance between your troops and enemy is sooooo unfair.

DeletedUser

I think if you can not fight with your troops, try to negotiate. sometimes the balance between your troops and enemy is sooooo unfair.

You mean that it's unfair to not be able to beat EMA units with the game basic bronze age units? hmmm
I'm taking out LMA units with my archers, seems unfair for the AI!!

DeletedUser

I went in with 4 Ballista & 4 Archers. Didn't have any problems getting it with set up. Don't worry, you'll conquer it easily once you build some Iron Age units :)

DeletedUser1081

I went in with 4 Ballista & 4 Archers. Didn't have any problems getting it with set up. Don't worry, you'll conquer it easily once you build some Iron Age units :)

+1 (especially archers! archers rock)

DeletedUser

Use 8 light melee units; long range don't hurt them that much if they stand on bushes or forest, so study the terrain; the horsemen die quickly to light melee, same with the short range.

A strategy is to "lure" the cavalry first, by placing one or two light melee just in range for them to get attacked: I usually place my first unit in a place where only one cavalry attacks it, if cavalry strikes first, you'll counter and kill it when is your turn. Remember to take them down one by one, cavalry units counter once per turn. As you move towards the catapults, try to stay on bushes or forests unless you can land a hit or two; on some rare occasions -really rare- light melee destroy long range in one blow. Catapults deal extra damage if they stand on hills, so take down those first, same goes for archers on rocks (mounted archers count as short range, thus they can move on rocks unlike fast units).

DeletedUser

what he said, it's a no brainer with archers and ballistae, the only problem you'll have is that sector with 8 cavalry, 'twas the best battle my archers ever had... :D

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure I beat that sector with 8 soldiers.

what he said, it's a no brainer with archers and ballistae, the only problem you'll have is that sector with 8 cavalry, 'twas the best battle my archers ever had... :D

I beat that sector with 8 soldiers too :)

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure I beat that sector with 8 soldiers.

I beat that sector with 8 soldiers too :)

ya beating them with soldiers is like beating 8 heavy infantry with 8 archers, with the archers, it was more... awe inspiring! :D

DeletedUser

Yeah they really do :) I plan on marrying them (yep, all of them!) and having their babies :o

That's a lot of babies, I have 4 Archery Range buildings, do the maths... Wouldn't you be interested in the manager/producer in charge? :wink:

DeletedUser

That's a lot of babies, I have 4 Archery Range buildings, do the maths... Wouldn't you be interested in the manager/producer in charge? :wink:

lol How did I miss this response?

So, umm... hi!

/blushes
/runs away

DeletedUser

Use 8 light melee units; long range don't hurt them that much if they stand on bushes or forest, so study the terrain; the horsemen die quickly to light melee, same with the short range.

This. You should easily be able to win with 8 soldiers. Just make sure you hide in terrain as much as you can until you're in fighting range.

Status
Not open for further replies.