• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings

Getting quite fed up after joining “active” guilds for the first time and just realising how hard it is to get info on how to level up Great Buildings when in a guild. Obviously useless trying to find any answers from the Wiki as Inno only give the kind of information any normal person could work out for themselves.

Can someone pls explain what a “swap” is as am getting no useful help from own new guild on this?

You have lots of value swap threads so we'll take 10fp as an example.

Someone posts their GB into the message and pays 10fp to the gb of the person who posted before them.

The next person who posts their gb pays the 10fp to them.

And so it goes on

In this way everyone gets back what they pay in and if you're lucky then you get a top 5 spot on some gbs when they get levelled so you get blueprints and some fp back depending on the level

taurine

Private
There are several really good Great Buildings in this game. I would like to ask if there might be any chance to include the building from the Netherlands, namely, The Westerkerk which was one of the first purposely built Protestant churches.

There are several really good Great Buildings in this game. I would like to ask if there might be any chance to include the building from the Netherlands, namely, The Westerkerk which was one of the first purposely built Protestant churches.
Kind of off topic...

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
so what would you recommend to a new player who makes only 24 fps a day ?

Bp hunt (GB close to level, whatever your guild calls it) threads. You can get CDM and zeus prints for 1 fp. If you can't, find a decent guild. Gather them, work on those. Arc bps usually involve messaging people with high arcs asking for 5th at 1.9 - communication is vital part of the game, so you should do that one day anyway. You don't need anything else at this point. No kraken, no AO, not even that shiny colosseum you always wanted.
Do events for fp/attack buildings. Do GE 64 for TFs and ToR bps. Do NOT do swaps, that ONLY drags you down. Best case scenario you get blueprints for fighting buildings, spending more fp to level your zeus/CDM than via 1.9.

swap threads are ideal for new players

I've found that there are 2 types of people using this statement. Those who have no clue about the math behind swaps and those who benefit from swaps at the expense of noobs still using it. I still can't make up my mind about which case is worse.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Bp hunt (GB close to level, whatever your guild calls it) threads. You can get CDM and zeus prints for 1 fp. If you can't, find a decent guild. Gather them, work on those. Arc bps usually involve messaging people with high arcs asking for 5th at 1.9 - communication is vital part of the game, so you should do that one day anyway. You don't need anything else at this point. No kraken, no AO, not even that shiny colosseum you always wanted.
Do events for fp/attack buildings. Do GE 64 for TFs and ToR bps. Do NOT do swaps, that ONLY drags you down. Best case scenario you get blueprints for fighting buildings, spending more fp to level your zeus/CDM than via 1.9.

I've found that there are 2 types of people using this statement. Those who have no clue about the math behind swaps and those who benefit from swaps at the expense of noobs still using it. I still can't make up my mind about which case is worse.
you missed one other kind of player from your list,
a player who started the game without 1.9 thread or arks, a player who could only level up by the help of friends of guild swap threads, that is all there was at the start
i find players who make those kind of statements have no clue about the game at all unless they have it easy

Kids .... You know what time it is don't you?

Time to close this thread with the Sing-A-Long - It has a new verse!

Follow the bouncing little piggy ):

My Guild is harassing me; making me do rules.
Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me - How will I go on? How will I live? - Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me.

Everybody's GB is too powerful for me.
Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me - How will I go on? How will I live? - Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me.

GE is getting harder & harder.

My Guild has been unfairly matched in GbG.

My city has been plundered.

The day is getting longer & life is sooo much harder.

Are we home yet? Cries the little piggy as he asks

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
My city has been plundered.
I have decided to be a better neighbor now, and give back to my 'hoodies.
So now, whenever I plunder a neighbor, I use the FP's I won to snipe them. Afterall, it is their FPs in the first place, so I am just giving them back, plus a few more.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
you missed one other kind of player from your list,
a player who started the game without 1.9 thread or arks
Such players gone extinct in 2017. It is 2021 if you haven't noticed. Even in pre-arc era private net swaps were the correct way. Both swap threads and flat swaps are for people born without part of the brain that is responsible for math. Or yes, the second type. Third type doesn't exist.

a player who could only level up by the help of friends of guild swap threads
If you don't use 1.9, it doesn't mean there is no option. I don't care about history, in modern days swaps are a no go.

i find players who make those kind of statements have no clue about the game at all unless they have it easy
Opinion of a player who is advocating swap threads is very important to us. We will call you back.

I have decided to be a better neighbor now, and give back to my 'hoodies.
So now, whenever I plunder a neighbor, I use the FP's I won to snipe them. Afterall, it is their FPs in the first place, so I am just giving them back, plus a few more.

Wow - now that's a mighty nice, neighborly thing to do

That's what makes swap threads a thing of the past - Arc's are the eagles that can swoop in for the haul leaving that slot someone thought they would get, in the dust.
I think that most swappers are quite aware that the Arc eagles are lurking on the swap GB's and that their positions are not secure.

I think, for some players - even some experienced, veteran players, it's simply just easier to use the swaps than to bother with all the 1.9 math - and the special "rules" about how to post in a 1.9 thread (editing and reposting GB-lists or however it's done). It's too much trouble. You need a math brain or a calculator, and you need to learn how the 1.9 system works. It's much easier and faster to just make a swap, even if you know it's risky and inefficient.

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
i found a cool guy who left me load P2 if i remember well on his 100+ lvl Arc , in a diamond city of mine with ~70FP daily production.
took me some time, but i got all the prints i needed PLUS the guy was so cool he payed me the 0.9 loss i had...

imagine me logging in, waiting for when an arc will be posted on a swap thread, and trying to get the spot lol.

loggin, collect, open his GB's, place FP's, cu tomorrow

I think that most swappers are quite aware that the Arc eagles are lurking on the swap GB's and that their positions are not secure.

I think, for some players - even some experienced, veteran players, it's simply just easier to use the swaps than to bother with all the 1.9 math - and the special "rules" about how to post in a 1.9 thread (editing and reposting GB-lists or however it's done). It's too much trouble. You need a math brain or a calculator, and you need to learn how the 1.9 system works. It's much easier and faster to just make a swap, even if you know it's risky and inefficient.

Agreed, the math is complicated - for me, I made a spreadsheet to handle all the data.

I pre-load one of the sheets with all the need data about a GB - # of fp's to level, all of the gb slot pay-outs, etc.
Another sheet is used to enter the real time data - # of fp's already entered, the slot pay-out, the # of fp's already in that slot(enemy donation), and so forth.

This indicates how much needed to secure, expected amt to be entered by the donator, and such.
With the spreadsheet, doing gb is very easy.

Needless to say, the sheet handles any slot pay-out rate 1.9, 1.3, or any other number needed to compute all slot values base on the rate pay-out. I designed the spreadsheet long before I entered the 1.9 clubs.

It was used to calculate a donation profits while I was leveling my gb's, including my arc before it reached lvl80. This allowed those that were helping me with their 1.9 arcs to also get a profit back (a thing some of the new people seem to think is unfair - how dare someone get a profit for helping somebody while it takes days or weeks to get their donation back) a small price to pay.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Such players gone extinct in 2017. It is 2021 if you haven't noticed. Even in pre-arc era private net swaps were the correct way. Both swap threads and flat swaps are for people born without part of the brain that is responsible for math. Or yes, the second type. Third type doesn't exist.

If you don't use 1.9, it doesn't mean there is no option. I don't care about history, in modern days swaps are a no go.

Opinion of a player who is advocating swap threads is very important to us. We will call you back.
they should really ban 1,9 threads and get rid of the ark, lets see how good players are without there little helpers, ? this game was a great game when it was first out, right upunt

the thing i find about the 1,9 theads is the hordes of players who end up posting up many gbs at the same time, once there is a long list of players all needing slots taken i swtich off, i prefere swap threads and i think you will find many long time players dont really give a fig about being snipped, what is the big deal ? you are getting your gb leveled and that is all that really counts, so many players now live in paranioa over being snipped ? far better to not worry about it and just get on with the game