• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great buildings happiness gains:

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm wondering, will this get a buff in the future? I'm dying to get my notre dame up (big fan of the building), but it's basically not worth it currently considering the amount of happiness it gives.

DeletedUser

Well, thing is, AFAIK there are non-GBs providing more than the lvl 10 notre dame, also, untill it even reaches lvl 8+ a simple palace will stil provide more hapiness for less space req. The problem is that GBs cant be polished

DeletedUser

For the Ages the respective GBs are from, they are definitely worth keeping as they will provide a huge benefit for the next 2-4 Ages.
As with any building, ofcourse they will lose their edge once you progress further. Just with premium buildings, except the GBs will keep their usefulness for quite a while longer.

I doubt they will be upgraded though.
I guess with new Ages new GBs will be introduced. :)

Well, thing is, AFAIK there are non-GBs providing more than the lvl 10 notre dame, also, untill it even reaches lvl 8+ a simple palace will stil provide more hapiness for less space req. The problem is that GBs cant be polished
Well the Palace is a Premium Building (so already with significant boost), 4x4 from the LMA.
Notre Dame is a 4x6 from the HMA. While the Palace gives 1500 Happiness, 3000 when polished, the Notre Dame gives 1600 Happiness boost at lvl 4 and a 3900 Happiness at lvl 10. Apart from that it has a secondary effect for giving free supplies.

For a GB that's barely bigger than a Farm I'd say that's quite good.

- L

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As with any building, of course they will lose their edge once you progress further.

I've seen this reply a couple of times, and it bothers me somewhat. I definitely understand (and somewhat agree with) the philosophy, but it simply isn't true. Or rather, it's not true for all of the GB's.

-Zeus scales with your military. (Takes only a 2x3 and looks cool to boot!)
-Babel scales it's goods production with your Age
-Lighthouse of Alexandria scales with your Supply buildings, and it's goods production with your Age.
-Aachen scales with your military
-St Marks scales it's good production with your Age
-St Basil/del Monte/Deal Castle scale with your military
-Dresden scales it's goods production with your Age.

Now, most of these buildings have secondary benefits that do NOT scale, but even so, they remain quite powerful, regardless of your Age. Some scale better than others, but that neither here nor there.

Compare to;
Colosseum: Flat amount of Happiness, Flat amount of Medals. (Medal costs scale severely)
Hagia Sophia: Flat amount of Happiness, Flat amount of Forge Points (I actually believe FP are extremely valuable,this one is worthwhile)
Notre Dame: Flat amount of Happiness, Flat amount of Supply

So while, some buildings may lose their luster as the Age's progress, the majority of them do not. This makes the ones that do seem oddly under powered comparatively. Are they still Great? Of course. Are they as Great as the others? Not for long.

Just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser

So while, some buildings may lose their luster as the Age's progress, the majority of them do not. This makes the ones that do seem oddly under powered comparatively. Are they still Great? Of course. Are they as Great as the others? Not for long.

That's basically what I said in what you quoted :p
I didn't say they become bad, I said they lose their edge. That was in context to comparison. ;)

- L

DeletedUser

There is already a rather lively conversation going on about the very same subject here: Happiness GBs are too weak. As such I will be closing this thread :)

In the future please check if there are similar threads already by using the search function of the forums.

Thank you
~Mutzena~

Status
Not open for further replies.