• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Growing Too Slow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10629

I've noticed that the increase too each level on my GB's are slowly grinding too a halt or stuck on 0 points of x level of GB! Would it be fare to have a daily automatic forge point or two contribution to prevent static growth?
Have fun!!!

DeletedUser3707

That's why you join guilds or create a guild that requires members to donate FP. Great Buildings are a choice, and long term project. If you build one, it's up to you to find ways to level it up.

DeletedUser

I think that this was to be expected. Great Buildings are becoming more "common" now and a lot of players are able to construct (at least) one. As soon as players obtain their own GB, they stop contributing and competing for blueprints and the whole process of leveling GBs becomes increasingly slower and cumbersome.. to the point that a lot of players have to donate forge points to their own GBs.

Personally, I wouldn't want to change the current forge point system. I think that the best way to keep some movement is by joining an active and supportive guild and also have a fairly big friend list, which can double the support and also provide you with some polishing and motivating.

However, I think that guilds that require from their members to donate forge points is a bad deal. This, sooner or later, will create tension given the fact that not all guild members are at the same level in the tech tree and not all of them have GBs. While it may make no difference to someone who is at the end of the Colonial Age and has accumulated a fair amount of coins, and can thus buy forge points, for someone who has still a long way to go, this requirement can seriously slow his progress.

At the end of the day, the way I see it, the mandatory forge points donation will take its toll on the guild cohesion and will be seen as a tax. And who likes taxes? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15155

To use systems within guilds can help tho. To have a rotating schedule for those who wants to donate and those who needs FPs for their GBs.
To have a day on one persons building with a set ammount lets say 5 FPs. So that there's a fair strategy with resonable expectations and no one gets left out.
This is only one way of doing this :D

DeletedUser3707

A tax, a few hundred dollars, allows you to build roads, tracks, telecommunications, sewage, water pipes that span an ENTIRE country, or use the hundreds of open clinics or schools that dot the country, etc, or to call upon police or fire-fighters at a whim, etc.

You create a guild where on a set day (so you can keep track) everyone donates to a person. Then on the next set day, everyone donates to the next person.

If that's 10FP, say every Sunday, with an average Guild size of 50, every single person is guaranteed 500FP. Everyone's GB's will be complete in NO TIME.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To use systems within guilds can help tho. To have a rotating schedule for those who wants to donate and those who needs FPs for their GBs.
To have a day on one persons building with a set ammount lets say 5 FPs. So that there's a fair strategy with resonable expectations and no one gets left out.
This is only one way of doing this :D
That may work for smaller guilds, but my own guild has around 140 great buildings and more are being added each day, I'm sure there are many guilds with even more. I wouldn't like to be waiting on the end of that rotating schedule or try to keep track of it. Ladymedea pretty much summed the situation up and it will only get worse once the industrial age is introduced and many people go back to concentrating on their tech tree. leveling up GB's is just going to take a lot of patience.

DeletedUser

cummo, many of the other Great Building developers in your friends, neighbors, and guild list are in the same place as you. the best way to overcome it is to find one of those other people and offer them an exchange. You will donate 5 fp (or whatever) a day to their GB and they will do yours. Just be sure you do NOT do this across worlds.

When people dropping by your city see that your GB is growing then they will contribute fps to try to get some of the rewards. When it is not growing it is extremely difficult to get anyone to contribute.

DeletedUser15155

The way I previously mentioned is currently working good in one of the guilds I'm in.
Only those who wants to participates is signed up on the schedule.
Not everyone does it this way but anything that helps and works for each of you/your guilds is a good way!

DeletedUser

You create a guild where on a set day (so you can keep track) everyone donates to a person. Then on the next set day, everyone donates to the next person.

If that's 10FP, say every Sunday, with an average Guild size of 50, every single person is guaranteed 500FP. Everyone's GB's will be complete in NO TIME.

Your method has no time improvement compared to the selfish method where everyone just donates to their own GB.

DeletedUser

Your method has no time improvement compared to the selfish method where everyone just donates to their own GB.

Except for the FP packages paid out, you mean. Plus any FPs generated by quicker levelling of Great Buildings (e.g. Hagia Sophia).

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Except for the FP packages paid out, you mean. Plus any FPs generated by quicker levelling of Great Buildings (e.g. Hagia Sophia).

Regards,

Anwar

For the 1st point, you don't need an entire guild to be part of the FP packages paid out, you just need a buddy. That's what I've been doing the past few weeks. He invests in my GB and I invest in his (both on the same world). Having more people just complicates it, and harder to keep track of who has donated how many.

DeletedUser8813

I've noticed that the increase too each level on my GB's are slowly grinding too a halt or stuck on 0 points of x level of GB! Would it be fare to have a daily automatic forge point or two contribution to prevent static growth?
Have fun!!!
and as more get built it will take even longer.so for most i think it will be a place to put our forge points once we finish the tech tree

Status
Not open for further replies.