• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great buildings and village settlement buildings becomming useless

k0k0-gada

Private
is it just me or are a lot of GB becoming useless ? Especially when compared to event buildings which is what is everyones towns .
My newest entry is the stargazer. a year ago i really wanted it because getting prev era goods wasn't very common.Yes you could always leave an event building or two in the prev era to produce it. but now with the monstrocity reward building it has become an absolut hindrance in our cities. since a couple of those would produce a more then a 100 level stargazer. not to mention the other bonuses from the monstrocity building provides.
Used to be 50 goods + 12 FP was a lot(the reward building from finishing japan settlement). it is still not a shabby amount. but a single event building produces easily 30-40-50 % more goods. and twice the amount of FP. example: vibrant sunflower oil press. and we have spent months playing the settlement and a just a few weeks on an event. yes compared on a per square base they are about the same but still

I believe some boosting of GBs and Settlement buildings should be done. what do you thinkg ?

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
Improve your GB's levels with plenty of BP's and they're limitless I believe. GB's are also good landmarks in your cities with some pieces of history. In addition when the new event buildings do outweigh the settlement buildings benefit then just simply swap them and make room for more event buildings. This game is accelerated at a full speed at the moment.

Grof Z

Corporal
Not U ... all that play this game for few years now, have similar opinions - new EVENT buildings are better then anything in game now ...
as long as U spend ca$h and diamonds on it .. aFkors

GBs are not worth ... when U get 1Event building that gives more attack or FPs or goods ...
now U build them for bragging rights - and to dump FPs somewhere

+ there is no point in doing settlements ( now ) with all those new event buildings ... they give too much power vs. settlement final reward (thats nothing)
... just keep racking event buildings .. soon they replace GBs also.

Agent327

Overlord
How many times do you want to discuss the same subject over and over again? There already are multiple posts on the subject!

Agent327

Overlord
Improve your GB's levels with plenty of BP's and they're limitless I believe. GB's are also good landmarks in your cities with some pieces of history. In addition when the new event buildings do outweigh the settlement buildings benefit then just simply swap them and make room for more event buildings. This game is accelerated at a full speed at the moment.

What on earth makes you think he does not know that? Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with his post and you did not even get it right. Not all GB's are limitless.

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
What on earth makes you think he does not know that? Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with his post and you did not even get it right. Not all GB's are limitless.
First of all, are you k0k0-gada's friend and how do you know it's "he" that you are referring to? Secondly, his/her main concern was that GB's and Settlement buildings are becoming useless but I personally don't believe so. Because the Arc for instance is still very important and nothing can replace it.

Agent327

Overlord
First of all, are you k0k0-gada's friend and how do you know it's "he" that you are referring to?

That was a gamble. If I am wrong I am sure he/she will correct me.

Secondly, his/her main concern was that GB's and Settlement buildings are becoming useless but I personally don't believe so. Because the Arc for instance is still very important and nothing can replace it.

It is not a concern, it is an observation and the question asked is "I believe some boosting of GBs and Settlement buildings should be done. what do you thinkg ?"

What on earth does "Improve your GB's levels with plenty of BP's and they're limitless I believe." have to do with that? You are not even sure about what you are saying. Let me educate you on that point. Not all GB's are limitless. That Arc that nothing can replace according to you for instance isn't.

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
That was a gamble. If I am wrong I am sure he/she will correct me.
You realise that gamblers do lose, either lose big or lose little depending on the day.
It is not a concern, it is an observation and the question asked is "I believe some boosting of GBs and Settlement buildings should be done. what do you thinkg ?"
Let me put it simple so that you can understand for once, and that is "I think no".
What on earth does "Improve your GB's levels with plenty of BP's and they're limitless I believe." have to do with that? You are not even sure about what you are saying. Let me educate you on that point. Not all GB's are limitless. That Arc that nothing can replace according to you for instance isn't.
Not all GB's are limitless, but some do so the benefits are still mounting. You really make no sense in "That Arc that nothing can replace according to you for instance isn't." I have no clue what you were babbling about. My advice is that first you learn how to write properly, then giving others lessons.

Agent327

Overlord
You realise that gamblers do lose, either lose big or lose little depending on the day.

Unless they win. Never experienced that?

Let me put it simple so that you can understand for once, and that is "I think no".

Could not have made that your first answer, so you would have answered the question?

Not all GB's are limitless, but some do so the benefits are still mounting.

So you go from I believe GB's are limitless to not all GB's are limitless??? Looks like you are learning after all.

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
Unless they win. Never experienced that?
I am so sorry to disappoint you for I am not an addict of gambling like yourself. It's very important that you seek professional help as soon as possible.
Could not have made that your first answer, so you would have answered the question?
Only normal people could see how I was showing support for GB's and take it as the answer as no.
So you go from I believe GB's are limitless to not all GB's are limitless??? Looks like you are learning after all.
Please never put words into other people's mouth as such I did not write all GB's are limitless.

Agent327

Overlord
I am so sorry to disappoint you for I am not an addict of gambling like yourself. It's very important that you seek professional help as soon as possible.

I will. Where do I need to send it?

Only normal people could see how I was showing support for GB's and take it as the answer as no.

Thanks. That explains your answer.

Please never put words into other people's mouth as such I did not write all GB's are limitless.

Improve your GB's levels with plenty of BP's and they're limitless I believe.

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
I will. Where do I need to send it?
Have you ever in your life heard of Google? Look it up as it will amaze you beyond believe.

I don't have to explain anything to you nor have the time and energy to be in argument with you.

It will become clear to you when you have finally understood others' writing.

k0k0-gada

Private
How many times do you want to discuss the same subject over and over again? There already are multiple posts on the subject!
it is a good thing that i am not the only 1 thinking that .i checked the latest 3-4-5 threads in this topic and there was none on the subject.

yeah we can make a list of all GBs.we can rate each GB of it's usefullness from a year or 2 ago and it's usefullnes today.
those ratings would differ for depending on playstyle.
but something tells me that the ratings of today would be way lower for todays FOE.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I believe some boosting of GBs and Settlement buildings should be done. what do you thinkg ?
I think neither will be boosted by Inno and they may step by step belong to the past or become only useful for new players for a certain amount of time.

GB's also have a terrible weakness compared to event buildings is that you can't store them in your inventory for an x-amount of time. With the diversity introduced in 2023 and the possibility to produce a high amount of store buildings on a yearly base we may actually start moving from a static city layout to a more dynamic one. You store buildings you don't need for a while and replace them with more useful buildings for an x-amount of time. When this starts to happen, folks will reduce their dependency on old school GB's and simply drop them.

I've already dropped a lot of GB's and I'm clearly not yet finished. I still have my cultural settlements main buildings but they don't take much space so for the time being they are still fine for me.

k0k0-gada

Private
then what are the FPs going to be used for. if new GB that are not capped (GB like the titan ones) are made. they might be worth it . although the ones from titan seem very expensive to me ..maybe the game is going to be cut in two types of gameplay: before titan and after it .