• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Great building timer reset

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
You don't get it, do you?

Say your favorite time to collect all GB's is 18.00 hr. You need at least one GB that is collected at that time to sync all. Say you have that GB, so at 18.00 you use that sync button and lose all progress on the all other GB's, but at least all your GB's can be collected at 18.00 as of now. Two days later that will be 18.05 and from then on you will loose about 5 mins a day, so in no time you have to sync again and you will loose even more.

Now there is no sync button and you want to collect all GB's at 18.00. So what do you do? You collect at your favorite time the GB's that level and after that you stop levelling your GB's, till the next day when at 18.00 all your GB's are in sync. The effect and loss are exactly the same and two days later you are also out of sync again.
I am sorry to tell you it actually is not like that .. you do loose time every day an that part is correct, but in the same time all GBs are in sync with each other and to the rest of special buildings ... the aspect of at what time they are collect is much less important then the fact that they are all in sinc with each others ... and when they are the difference in a second a part is irrelevant at that point ...

Agent327

Overlord
I am sorry to tell you it actually is not like that .. you do loose time every day an that part is correct, but in the same time all GBs are in sync with each other and to the rest of special buildings ... the aspect of at what time they are collect is much less important then the fact that they are all in sinc with each others ... and when they are the difference in a second a part is irrelevant at that point ...

It is like that. If all you care about is that they are in sync, you can wait for that, or take them of the road. You do not need a button. Your idea is totally redundant.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
It is like that. If all you care about is that they are in sync, you can wait for that, or take them of the road. You do not need a button. Your idea is totally redundant.
Thanks for all your input , i get that you don't like the idea and that you do not support it. To you it might be redundant, but to me it would save me the truble of waiting almoast 24 hours to sync all .. and even with disconnecting them it dose nothing, only pauses the time where they are ... so if we would have a button and opinion to use it it would save me some time and not to mention a lot of clicking one building at a time around all my GBs ... i hope others will take time and write there opinions as well ...

rjs66

Lieutenant
you sync all your GBs and lose a few hours production on some of them, then someone comes along and levels one up in the middle of the night
you then re-sync them and lose all those hours of production again
someone then levels another in the middle of the night, so you re-sync

do this enough and you'll lose massive amounts of resources

this is a strategy game, devise a strategy that works for you instead of trying to change the game to suit your personal whims

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
you sync all your GBs and lose a few hours production on some of them, then someone comes along and levels one up in the middle of the night
you then re-sync them and lose all those hours of production again
someone then levels another in the middle of the night, so you re-sync

do this enough and you'll lose massive amounts of resources

this is a strategy game, devise a strategy that works for you instead of trying to change the game to suit your personal whims
It has nothing to with any of my personal whims .. it has to do with just proposing an idea , on which a constructive conversation would make it maybe even better ... if i known that i would be attacked like this for bringing my idea forward, i would have never even open this thred in the first place ... in my life i am always folowing one rule and that is to allways ask Why? for things that we take for granted and in this case i aske my self why not?

Yes, a game is strategy but not every possible part of it need to be hard so the game would be good ... if there is a simple solution that could in so many cases help all the players ...

P.s. just take a look at some other stuff introduced in the game that are implemented ... all of them had people that actually didn't care so much about them ... and they still end up using them....

rjs66

Lieutenant
so how often do you want to use the sync button ? and lose lots of resources

once a week ?, once a month ?, once a year ?
how difficult is it to just not collect until a certain time on a particular day ?

why add complexity to things that don't need it ? (just more to go wrong)

you can just collect stuff when you're online, it doesn't need to be at a specific time

as for some of the ideas (such as all those useless pop-ups you get when aiding, other ideas have been posted for an option to turn them off )

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
so how often do you want to use the sync button ? and lose lots of resources

once a week ?, once a month ?, once a year ?
how difficult is it to just not collect until a certain time on a particular day ?

why add complexity to things that don't need it ? (just more to go wrong)

you can just collect stuff when you're online, it doesn't need to be at a specific time

as for some of the ideas (such as all those useless pop-ups you get when aiding, other ideas have been posted for an option to turn them off )
The use for it is when you need it ... like one gb goinig out of sync with the rest that you collect as 24h collection..

About complexity , it would not and any more then the simmilar thing with chaning the time for daily challenge... a button that dose reset , and before it dose , it ask you do you really want it.

And it is difficult to sync all of them once they are mixed in with buildings that you collect one time an hour , or one time every 8 h like goods buildings ... and miss clikc will happen how ever carefull you are ...

You can also add an option for if a person wants to use it or not ...

rjs66

Lieutenant
the daily challenge time reset is there so that people in different time zones can start the daily challenges at the start of their day, it actually provides a means to make it fair , so that everyone can have the same chance to complete the quests

adding anything to the game by definition adds complexity to the coding required

i don't have any trouble not collecting from a building,
stuff gets out of sync all the time, gbs level up, new buildings timers start from when the build completes, it is easy to get things in sync again, just collect stuff when you're logged on

if you are collecting 1 hr , 4 hr and 8 hr buildings and thus logging in regularly why does it really matter ?, it will sync up again in 1 , 4 or 8 hours anyway

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
the daily challenge time reset is there so that people in different time zones can start the daily challenges at the start of their day, it actually provides a means to make it fair , so that everyone can have the same chance to complete the quests

adding anything to the game by definition adds complexity to the coding required

i don't have any trouble not collecting from a building,
stuff gets out of sync all the time, gbs level up, new buildings timers start from when the build completes, it is easy to get things in sync again, just collect stuff when you're logged on

if you are collecting 1 hr , 4 hr and 8 hr buildings and thus logging in regularly why does it really matter ?, it will sync up again in 1 , 4 or 8 hours anyway
The comparison was with DC to showcase the simplicity... it is not that complex ...

Only important are gb and special buildings that you collect once a day and everyone refers to it as daily collection... and it helps a lot if all off it is at the same time ...

rjs66

Lieutenant
so collect at that time , leave the rest, in 24 hours everything else will be ready as well

anything motivated can't be plundered , same with GBs and most special buildings, you will lose fewer resources than resetting the timer and getting nothing for another 24 hours on all of the buildings

and as pointed out before - if someone levels your GB it will be out of sync , so you reset again and lose another 24 hours production ?

Agent327

Overlord
It adds choice and it gives that choice to the player ... it gives the player more control ....

You already have that choice and control. It does not become "more" control. You are so stuck in your idea that anyone who does not support it or like it must be against you and not against the idea.

I explained all about the idea and how and why it is good ...

It isn't any good, cause you can do the exact same now without a button, so it does not add anything. You just fail to see that.

If it works like the Daily Quest - If I miss a collection time, I would lose all the collection so that the time could start over at the desired time.
I don't want that.
Just collect your gb's when you want to and stop trying to toy with them.

DeletedUser111561

You don't reset all building to sync them with one that get out of sync, you resync one that went out of syct to all others at next collection time. Disconcerting is complicated because if it went out of sync when you were not online, there is a certain time left in it, so you need to reconnect at exact minute that certain time before collection time of all other building to sync it with them again. I didn't see in description of this forum that ideas should be only about new stuff that was previously impossible, but also a new stuff that makes things easier than before. This would be easier. Simple as that. If you have no need to use it, don't use it. Don't sabotage others from having that option if they want it and would make their gameplay more enjoyable.

This not a valid argument.

Don't sabotage others from having that option if they want it and would make their gameplay more enjoyable.

Others will find the game "Enjoyable" by eliminating all plunder and battle options - they play it like SimCity and it's not SimCity!

What some find enjoyable, others find dis-tasteful - welcome to the world of different people.

Emberguard

Legend
I don't see any reason this couldn't be implemented other then it's not a feature that's screaming to be implemented.

I like that you're thinking about ways that could make your gameplay easier @ntnete0 , however I think the idea would need more refining before you find support for it.

Maybe if there was a button that could be pressed to enable/disable at any time whether any 24 hr collection is able to be collected. In no way would it reset the clocks, but it would allow you to avoid touching the GBs you want to sync up with the other GBs. This button could be placed where the treasure hunt used to be but instead of a pop up would just be like how the aid button is highlighted or greyed out