• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Great building timer reset

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Hello everyone ... i have an idea ...

Proposal:
My idea is that alongside the timer for collection of great buildings that we have an option with one extra button to reset a great building timer so we have more easier way of syncing all our collections together.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?No

Reason:
The reason is simple ... in my case i would love to do all major collection at the same time and currently it is very hard to sync all GBs to special buildings and town hall.

Details:
It would work very simple , if at any point a player decides he wants to synchronise them he would just need to do one clikc in any great building and the timer would rest to 24h. By doing that you would sync the grate buildings to your desired time of collection. As to the production that was going before rest , after a rest it would be lost.

Visual Aids:
I have non ... but it is as simple as adding one extra button in overview window of GBs

Balance:
I don't see any balance problems.

Abuse Prevention:
There would be no abuse problems as by reset you would not finish production, you would simply reset it.

Summary:
To conclude, this would be a thing that as i said would help people sync buildings and help them make easier collection at one time.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Which ties back to the issue about needing GB timers on the app - and I really don't understand why this should be difficult to implement...
Well we do need that as well and thankfully someone proposed it ... my anwser was meant: that when you play on app on a smaller touch screen it is hard to collect some buildings and leave gb un-collection and sometimes app misbehave and instead of collecting what you want it collects building next to it ... and all of that can be simply done ... the clock and the rest button ... offcours one thing i forgot to add is that it should have comformation window so you don't do it by accident .

DeletedUser112297

This sounds like a good idea to me, since when you reset you don't collect I don't see why there'd be any issues. It would work similarly to the Daily Challenge when you want to change the start time.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
This sounds like a good idea to me, since when you reset you don't collect I don't see why there'd be any issues. It would work similarly to the Daily Challenge when you want to change the start time.
That is a good comparison that i didn't think off ... nice thinking :-)

DeletedUser103052

As said above, I don't see what the issue is you're trying to fix. Why not simply wait until the other GBs are ready and collect them all together? Adding a sync button is a bit redundant when all that is needed is a bit of attention.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
As said above, I don't see what the issue is you're trying to fix. Why not simply wait until the other GBs are ready and collect them all together? Adding a sync button is a bit redundant when all that is needed is a bit of attention.
As i mention it is not as easy not to acidentaly collect something that you dont want when you play on mobile app ...

DeletedUser96901

there is no profit in resetting the timer

people will only hit it accidentally

if you need to get in sync then collect in sync
if you collect out of sync then that is your mistake

and btw:
there is already a way to move timers of buildings to a later time
disconnect from the road ;)

ntnete0

Brigadier-General

there is no profit in resetting the timer

people will only hit it accidentally

if you need to get in sync then collect in sync
if you collect out of sync then that is your mistake

and btw:
there is already a way to move timers of buildings to a later time
disconnect from the road ;)

This is not about a pure profit, it is only to help thoes that want to us it , and as i also mentiond to prevent acidentaly reset ther would be a window asking you are you confirming reset ... and there is no way that you would do that by accident..

I am not going to explane my stand why wateing for all gb-s to be ready to collect is a bad solution and one that is hard to do and even the part with disconnecting the road is also not very useful as the timer dose not rest and you also mess up all other buildings that are on the same road .

And also i am sure there are people that use and can only use the game only on mobile app (android,ios)

The situation that this can be used is also if a naighbor levels yor GB and make ot out of sync that you can fix that as well ...

Agent327

Overlord
The use would be as i explained that you rest gb so you can sync it with other gbs and special buildings... then if you build new gb then you can sync that one to the rest of them ...

If I sync with the first GB I collect, I would I sacrifice the content of all my other GB's. If I sync with the last GB I collect, I will move all my GB's a couple of minutes further in time and that will happen every day. I might as well wait till all my GB's are ready before I collect. That would be a better method than yours.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
If I sync with the first GB I collect, I would I sacrifice the content of all my other GB's. If I sync with the last GB I collect, I will move all my GB's a couple of minutes further in time and that will happen every day. I might as well wait till all my GB's are ready before I collect. That would be a better method than yours.
This would be used if your GBs go a lot out of sync that there is a need of several hours wainting and then if you want to change collection time then in some cases yoi would need to wait even more then 8 hours ... this would be used in extreme situations out of sync GBs ...

Agent327

Overlord
This would be used if your GBs go a lot out of sync that there is a need of several hours wainting and then if you want to change collection time then in some cases yoi would need to wait even more then 8 hours ... this would be used in extreme situations out of sync GBs ...

Then you would still have to wait till you can collect your last GB to sync, if you do not want to lose anything. Since you have to wait for your last GB, you might still end up with a collection time you do not want. If you do not mind to lose anyuthing you can wait with collecting your GB's till the perfect moment.

Your idea has no function at all.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Then you would still have to wait till you can collect your last GB to sync, if you do not want to lose anything. Since you have to wait for your last GB, you might still end up with a collection time you do not want. If you do not mind to lose anyuthing you can wait with collecting your GB's till the perfect moment.

Your idea has no function at all.

Function is that a player can choose to reset a GBs timer at any point in time without the need to wait any amount of time and in a way sacrific one collection , as it was mentioned excatly the same way when you change time of your DC you loos one day of it ....

Agent327

Overlord
You don't get it, do you?

Say your favorite time to collect all GB's is 18.00 hr. You need at least one GB that is collected at that time to sync all. Say you have that GB, so at 18.00 you use that sync button and lose all progress on the all other GB's, but at least all your GB's can be collected at 18.00 as of now. Two days later that will be 18.05 and from then on you will loose about 5 mins a day, so in no time you have to sync again and you will loose even more.

Now there is no sync button and you want to collect all GB's at 18.00. So what do you do? You collect at your favorite time the GB's that level and after that you stop levelling your GB's, till the next day when at 18.00 all your GB's are in sync. The effect and loss are exactly the same and two days later you are also out of sync again.