• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Great Building Hold Button for last forge point

DeletedUser110339

GREAT BUILDING TIMER BUTTON TO STOP OTHERS FROM LEVELING YOUR GB'S....

I dont know how to change the title of my thread sorry...I am also proposing a timer button.. please see my bottom comment.. sorry.. im new to the threads.. im still learning...lol i rephrased my idea.. i dont know how to change the title yet.. but im working on it.. lol

***It was brought to my attention that this idea already exists.. but im proposing a timer of some sort..this way if the player decides to quit and not play FOE anymore, the time would expire and players will still get back some of what they put in.. :) .. a timer that can be set at a certain time when the player knows they will want to double dip their GB.. for example:.. if there is only 20 fps left to level the building and the player sees that, they can then set the timer for lets say 1 hour or 24 hours or even up to a few days so that no one can put anymore forge points in.. but once the timer runs out then its up for grabs and people can still donate or even level it.. i think it would be a good idea so no one will lose out.

Here is a better example: a player can set a timer for their GB... the timer could have settings for 5 min, 15 min, 1 hour, 4 hours, 8 hours and so on.. like our productions buildings... it would be set so that no one can put in forge points but only for a certain amount of time.. maybe even make it a tavern boost option? where you can click on a tavern boost that gives you time before anyone can donate to your GB.....
another idea would be to limit when you can use the timer.. so this way people can still donate and this makes it more fair to the others.. so maybe INNO can make it so that you cant set your timer until there is only a few fps left needed to level the GB?? .. and maybe they can do something to the building like make it glow so people know the timer was set.. so lets say you can only start a timer when your GB has about 10 more fps to level.. it would make if fair for everyone.. i just dont think its right that someone can level something you own on your city map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110339

I think they need to do this somehow.. its not right that anyone can level someones Great Building.. I proposed a timer so my idea is a little different.. the timer can have different settings... or the hold button can be used for only the players that dont want anyone putting in the last forge point.. a timer can be great as well... like how we have timers to collect from our goods buildings.. if i knew i was going to level my GB soon i would put the timer on so that no one can touch it for a certain amount of time.

DeletedUser110339

Yeah, leave a positive feedback on the already existing topic here https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/choosing-when-to-level-a-building.33637/ @catherineslove, it's still a heated debate over it.
Should i maybe rephrase my idea.. since my idea is different and proposes a timer?? if they did just a hold button and lets say a player decides to leave FOE then other players would not be able to get back some of what they contributed because the GB would be locked. any suggestions would be great.. thanks

DeletedUser110339

How do i change the title?? lol.. im so new to this..lol

DeletedUser103370

Should i maybe rephrase my idea.. since my idea is different and proposes a timer?? if they did just a hold button and lets say a player decides to leave FOE then other players would not be able to get back some of what they contributed because the GB would be locked. any suggestions would be great.. thanks

The problem is, that what you propose is essentially the same as the already existing one, only you'd do it differently. If you read through the comments you'll find that there are many ideas regarding how we could achieve this, namely to make the owner of a GB in control of when he wants to level it.
Btw I'm not sure if you can change the title, but don't worry, if the mods decide it's a double post they'll move it anyway.

DeletedUser110339

The problem is, that what you propose is essentially the same as the already existing one, only you'd do it differently. If you read through the comments you'll find that there are many ideas regarding how we could achieve this, namely to make the owner of a GB in control of when he wants to level it.
Btw I'm not sure if you can change the title, but don't worry, if the mods decide it's a double post they'll move it anyway.

Oh i see.. i thought it was much different..lol.. thanks for bringing it to my attention.. :) there are so many ideas on here.. how can you keep up? lol so i will wait for them to close it if they think its a duplicate.. but where does it say a timer button on the other idea?? i have to read it more.

DeletedUser110339

How do you know if there are duplicates?? There is no way that im gonna read all of the ideas.. that would take forever..lol.. can i type in something to see if the idea already exists?? thanks for all your help :)

DeletedUser103370

How do you know if there are duplicates?? There is no way that im gonna read all of the ideas.. that would take forever..lol.. can i type in something to see if the idea already exists?? thanks for all your help :)

:) Yeah, that's not easy, I run into it from time to time too, here in the guides section https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guide-to-the-ideas-section.32401/ you can find some info how to search to avoid duplicates as much as possible.

DeletedUser110195

For searching already posted ideas, ctrl+f and enter key words, for instance of this....great building, and search through the main ideas forum as well as archives, popular, forwarded and do-not-suggest...implemented isn't necessary because if it was implemented you'd already know ;)

Now for my thoughts on the idea....I think it would be a good way to get around the problem of how to distribute awards to contributors for people who quit the game, or people who just disappear for a long period of time....of course double dipping doesn't matter if you're away for several days, you've already missed plenty of collections, so what's one more?

DeletedUser110339

For searching already posted ideas, ctrl+f and enter key words, for instance of this....great building, and search through the main ideas forum as well as archives, popular, forwarded and do-not-suggest...implemented isn't necessary because if it was implemented you'd already know ;)

Now for my thoughts on the idea....I think it would be a good way to get around the problem of how to distribute awards to contributors for people who quit the game, or people who just disappear for a long period of time....of course double dipping doesn't matter if you're away for several days, you've already missed plenty of collections, so what's one more?

Thank you for all your help :) .. i was just reading the other similar idea.. what do i do? . should i wait till they delete this or is it a different idea and leave this thread up.. i wish i could change the title.. i think its different from the other idea.

DeletedUser110195

Well yes, but the process takes 30 days, and if the building was high enough to give a fair amount of blueprints and FP, it may be worth it to push ahead and level it.

Thank you for all your help :) .. i was just reading the other similar idea.. what do i do? . should i wait till they delete this or is it a different idea and leave this thread up.. i wish i could change the title.. i think its different from the other idea.
I don't think they'll delete it...it may be similar but that doesn't make it the same, just edit yours with the link to my idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

you could at least read the description how to post an idea ;)