• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Great Building) G.B. - choose age of produced goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

UPDATED CONTENT = @@@@@@

Proposal:

Introduce the possibility to choose what goods a G.B. will produce the next 24h cycle

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? No

Reason:
1.) As a trader in late game i sometimes experience the urgent need to produce certain types of goods. For example goods of the Bronze Age.
- This means allot of trading that has to be done.

2.) Since theoretically we already researched the goods from past ages i see no difficulty in allowing player to choose which age goods the G.B. will produce especially that the player is automatically pasively penalized since he will get for example 10 wood instead of 10 wire..... which costs much much more wood.

Aka even in modern times people still produce iron in huge quantities, even it was discovered long ago. So this will make the game a bit closer to reality.

3.) Since Elite player are usually in elite guilds and elite neighborhoods taking into account the upcoming updates. This will prevent a possible issue that can appear in the not so far away future when all past age goods will be devoured.

Details:
A player can set the great building to permanently produce random goods from any past age he has already researched.

IF however, the player has not researched e.g. "honey" the randomness of the G.B. will give any random resource from that age except honey, ntill the user researches it.

• Additions from player suggestions:
    I like the idea, but I would suggest that a GB at level one could only produce goods from the current age. level 3 allows going back one age. Level 5 allows going back 2 levels. Etc. This because I see too many in my guild who build their GB to level 1 and then don't bother to increase the level. That would give an incentive.

Visual Aids:
Beakbane_SSI_Redcar.jpg

Balance:
The balance as described above is the fact that the player is penalyzing himself automatically since he will be getting resources from a much lower age.

Abuse Prevention:
Can not be abused.

Summary:

Allow the players to choose which age goods their G.B. will produce if they have already researched the goods from that age. Thus avoiding the possibility of early age goods disappearing.

Please feel free to argument against the idea, this will allow me to remodel it into something better!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Makes the game easier, but I do support the idea since I also need to deal with lower age good deficiencies in the guild when we recruit young talents from lower ages :-)

DeletedUser

That's the exact reason, resources that are not scarce in reality are getting scare in the game system.

Immagine now that the game has aprox 2 more eras after the Progressive. And try looking at players that will be at the top of the list.... they will be completely separated from lower point players. This means that they are very unlikely to invite someone to paly the game on the same server since there is absolutely no way the could interact.. well except FPs and communication, which is not much imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1983

I give my 100% support to this idea. I do have one concern that giving an option to players might limit the trading between players and that might cause smaller players who are yet to build GBs to be stuck in their research trees.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but my first impression is that it is one of those ideas that exist for the sole purpose of making the game easier and I think it makes the Great Buildings all the more powerful.

However, if you were to add one complication, I would suggest that a GB at level one could only produce goods from the current age. level 3 allows going back one age. Level 5 allows going back 2 levels. Etc. This because I see too many in my guild who build their GB to level 1 and then don't bother to increase the level. That would give an incentive.

DeletedUser

+1

I like this idea. One thing that I was thinking about though was; shouldn't the amount of goods scale depending on age? So for instance, if I chose to get HMA goods instead of CA goods, then I would get

[CA-goods] * 2 = [LMA-goods]
[LMA-goods] * 2 = [HMA-goods]

So for instance, if I may collect 10 CA goods, but I choose to collct goods from HMA instead, then I would get:

10 * 2 = 20
20 * 2 = 40

= 40 HMA goods (instead of 10 CA goods) :)

DeletedUser6461

+1 for the original idea.
Since the lower age goods are cheaper in terms of production-costs, if the player wants to get some lower-age goods on his disadvantage (In a guild, he normally gets double goods when trading an age down) why not?
Though this may get a low priority from the Devs, it would be an interesting addition for sure.

DeletedUser

-1, this will make trading and cooperation even less meaningful. Right now higher level player need lower players to trade down or waste precious space.

Amy Steele

General
-1 from me too... if you really need lower age goods in a small guild and can't trade for them, it is relatively quick and easy to put the goods building in and produce it yourself... been there, done that myself - had a Vineyard in LMA for a while, and only yesterday took out the Jewelry Manufacturer I put back in a couple of weeks ago since Jewelry was needed in guild and I have the boost. I'm in CA and needed the space/pop for a Ranger Encampment ;)

EDIT: I also keep some stocks of goods from all ages, even though I no longer have any need of them

Last edited:

DeletedUser

as far as i can see, an age only uses the goods from 4 latest ages including itself. and there's no stopping trading 1:1 between industrial age and bronze age anyways. the trading system here is more like barter trade than to earn like a business... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

-1, this will make trading and cooperation even less meaningful. Right now higher level player need lower players to trade down or waste precious space.

I disagree, taking into avvount the latest neighborhood changes and updates players are doomed to sooner or later loose all lower aged goods.

So, i have updated the idea abit.

DeletedUser96901

+1
but same amount of goods.
not hundreds of bronze age goods when you are at the end

+1

I like this idea. One thing that I was thinking about though was; shouldn't the amount of goods scale depending on age? So for instance, if I chose to get HMA goods instead of CA goods, then I would get

[CA-goods] * 2 = [LMA-goods]
[LMA-goods] * 2 = [HMA-goods]

So for instance, if I may collect 10 CA goods, but I choose to collct goods from HMA instead, then I would get:

10 * 2 = 20
20 * 2 = 40

= 40 HMA goods (instead of 10 CA goods) :)

the value of CA-goods isnt twice of the LMA-goods only 1,5-times :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Cool, really loving the fact the people are starting to appreciate this. More feedback is welcome, i am reading every message with much attention.

DeletedUser10205

+1 really needs to be implemented especially now with GvsG thrown into the mix.

DeletedUser2989

I'd like the ability to choose which age the goods buildings can produce so long as it's the Atonium/Observatory. Your guild is not guaranteed to be participating in the latest age and once the goods are there nothing else can be done with them. They can't be traded or anything so in a sence they are forcing you to play in the latest age or you waste goods (or the space the building takes up making those goods).

I wouldn't mind the ability to also pick the age of the goods from the other GB's/Wishing Well but I know why it won't happen, you can trade for the goods you need.

DeletedUser

-1 from me

As a guild leader even in a non-GvG guild, if I notice a deficiency of lower age goods, I'll either build goods buildings myself, ask for volunteers from my guild to start production if its something I can't produce, or I'll trade down in bulk for what we need. Besides, I don't think that a certain number of lower age goods every 24hrs would really address the problem fast enough...

DeletedUser

-1 from me as I have a feeling it will come under the heading of 'making the game easier'.

DeletedUser10205

+1 don't think it's about making thing easier but being more practical .. My GBs now don't even produce may age goods as I'm in Modern era and INNO decided to make them make an age that is really of no use to me and market is flooded with those goods.

GB use up a lot of space and are supposed to do so because they are useful building. Allowing the owner to use the building for a practical way makes sense.
they would still only make the same amount of goods every 24hours so if a player goes for Bronze age rather than industrial they lose the value but gain goods that may actually be useful for them or their guild and they would still be random to the age.

Status
Not open for further replies.