• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Building etiquette

Sportycoat

Private
I just started playing FoE, so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I've been contributing FPs to the great buildings of friends and guild members, but I got a message today from another player telling me not to ever level up their GBs without permission first. Did I do something wrong? Would you guys care to share some etiquette involved in this? Thanks!

Cuthwolf

Captain
It doesn't matter on, say SoZ or TA but players like to double-collect on GBs that give units or FPs. They will wait until the time of day when the GB is collected from, then level it up, then collect again. You levelling it cost them a collection.

Skeletor1

Private
It doesn't matter on, say SoZ or TA but players like to double-collect on GBs that give units or FPs. They will wait until the time of day when the GB is collected from, then level it up, then collect again. You levelling it cost them a collection.
This is really good to know, as I contribute FP's all the time. I am just breaking into the higher Era's now and would have continued to do this. Thanks :)

Sportycoat

Private
This makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the insight! Is it ok to contribute FPs to GBs (without levelling up) of players who are not friends or guild members, or is that frowned upon?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
This makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the insight! Is it ok to contribute FPs to GBs (without levelling up) of players who are not friends or guild members, or is that frowned upon?
If they are not a friend or a guildie - to be honest, do not worry about it. Those players that are in your neighborhood are only around for a couple weeks and then reshuffled (vast majority) in the bi-weekly reset. Really, depends on your play style. You can play like a predator or prey - or somewhere in between. If you strike strong relationships with those on your Friend list and your guildies, then basically the neighborhood (aka 'hoodies') are there for you to find deals.
There are snipers galore everywhere. If you are contributing to players in your neighborhood, make certain you are making 'secured' contributions - meaning that nobody else is about to knock you down in positioning - a secured contribution means a guaranteed return on investment. Anything less, then there is every expectation that someone else (aka snipers) will find a deal thereby knocking your position down and guaranteeing themself a return.
If you are just looking for some blueprints or medals, dropping a FP or two on a fifth place position is likely to give you that reward - unless there are FPs also available for Position 5 (in which case, again, snipers will be looking to make a deal).

Sportycoat

Private
If they are not a friend or a guildie - to be honest, do not worry about it. Those players that are in your neighborhood are only around for a couple weeks and then reshuffled (vast majority) in the bi-weekly reset. Really, depends on your play style. You can play like a predator or prey - or somewhere in between. If you strike strong relationships with those on your Friend list and your guildies, then basically the neighborhood (aka 'hoodies') are there for you to find deals.
There are snipers galore everywhere. If you are contributing to players in your neighborhood, make certain you are making 'secured' contributions - meaning that nobody else is about to knock you down in positioning - a secured contribution means a guaranteed return on investment. Anything less, then there is every expectation that someone else (aka snipers) will find a deal thereby knocking your position down and guaranteeing themself a return.
If you are just looking for some blueprints or medals, dropping a FP or two on a fifth place position is likely to give you that reward - unless there are FPs also available for Position 5 (in which case, again, snipers will be looking to make a deal).
Ok, cool. Thank you for the helpful info! Will keep this in mind for the future.