• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Great Building) Display collection time for GB on app

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser112671

Proposal: To have some sort of additional display for the collection time of a GB when viewing either a GB or the boost list on the app version of the game. Currently, as far as i know there is no way of telling on the app when GBs are going to refresh which is particularly useful for things like boosts.

I do not know exactly how this would work, but I can visualise 3 different ways this could be achieved. (I am not suggesting implementing all of them!)
Suggestion 1: add an additional line within the GB information window (for the user only within their city) which gives this information.
Suggestion 2: within the boost lists (within the town hall), add the GB refresh time/count down info within the 'card' displaying how many effective uses of the GB related boost. Possibly even keep a greyed out 'card' for GB boosts when theyre fully expired in order to keep the info displayed. This doesnt however benefit GBs like Alkatraz whereby their collection might help with certain quests.
Suggestion 3: add an additional card (like when clicking on a residential building or a special building which generates something) which states the collection time of the GB, with a button below to enter the current viewing page of the GB with the fp donations or listing GB boosts. It would look similar to the card you get when clicking on the town hall, before entering. A major drawback to this is that it adds an additional minor menu to general game play, which i know the addition would annoy some players.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea? I've had a search and a look around, and I didnt see a similar suggestion. Apologies if i have overlooked anything.

Reason: I've become rather dependant on being able to time my collection times i order to make sure I'm within certain boosts like LoA- this is also really beneficial when having to do loads of really small productions whereby i want to make these collections (usually for quest) when the boost is not active- but in this case knowing how quickly the boost will reactivate is equally useful. This, currently I am only able to do/check up on the PC version.

DeletedUser112745

Personally, all of my GBs (and Shrines of Knowledge, Wishing Wells, etc) have the same collection time as my Town Hall. So if I'm on the app and I want to know when a GB will be ready to refresh, I just look at my Town Hall timer.

But I can see how this would really help people who don't have such a system in their city, so sure, +1.

DeletedUser107748

Image 2.jpg
+1, a hundred times, +1!
The web version has this, it’s ridiculous that the apps don’t. Something like this maybe?

DeletedUser107748

hmm - I don't see this on the web version.
The previous picture I posted was a suggestion of what it could/should look like. On the web version when you hover on a GB you get this popup which shows time until collection. Else where there are counts of special ability uses left also. It'd be nice to be able to see both within the GB overview.
Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 12.19.18.png

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
+1
Would this work? --> For everything on the desktop, that has a "cursor hangover" tip, a single click on the phone should equal "cursor hangover" on desktop, and a double-click should equal a single-click on desktop.

- · - · - · - · - · - · - · -

OK apparently it won't work. The "tip" would block the screen and you can't click the second time.

Next!

Last edited:
+1

Although I'm sure this has been asked for before it would be really useful and can't be difficult to implement on the GB overview display

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1

Frankly I do not need it, but some players will – And there is a timer in the programming so why not display it.

DeletedUser720

This could be done when long pressing the GB / building.

+1 definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.