• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Great Buildings] Great Building collection cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

I posted an idea recently addressing this, but for aid buttons and tavern visits(largely got ignored). Perhaps it could be expanded to great buildings with collections.

The idea was to have daily actions reset at the same time every day regardless of when you perform them.

DeletedUser653

Not voting just yet, but 20 hrs is really silly as it will be forever moving forward in time or you waste production time.
23 hrs is similar but not so bad
23.5 hrs looks to be nice compromise and we should be about to find 30 mins a day to collect and send on. I would even agree with 23hr 45 mins.

but 20-23 hours I would say no to.

plus its seem a bit open and I think the proposal was for GB's but now players are talking about all 24 hour builds (GB/Houses/Goods/Supplies etc)

Perhaps a vote could be put out with options 20, 21, 22, 23, 23.5 and 23.45hrs and also ask Just GB or all 24 hr buildings?

DeletedUser110195

Not voting just yet, but 20 hrs is really silly as it will be forever moving forward in time or you waste production time.
23 hrs is similar but not so bad
23.5 hrs looks to be nice compromise and we should be about to find 30 mins a day to collect and send on. I would even agree with 23hr 45 mins.

but 20-23 hours I would say no to.

plus its seem a bit open and I think the proposal was for GB's but now players are talking about all 24 hour builds (GB/Houses/Goods/Supplies etc)

Perhaps a vote could be put out with options 20, 21, 22, 23, 23.5 and 23.45hrs and also ask Just GB or all 24 hr buildings?
Or perhaps have daily actions reset at midnight server regardless of when you do them. Instant solution to this issue. You still only get one collection a day, but you don't have your collection time getting train-wrecked if something keeps you off the game the second those things finish.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Or perhaps have daily actions reset at midnight server regardless of when you do them. Instant solution to this issue. You still only get one collection a day, but you don't have your collection time getting train-wrecked if something keeps you off the game the second those things finish.

Oooh, I like this idea, but I'm sure someone will disagree! lol

HRC - I did originally like the idea of 20 hours, but changed it to the more popular 23 hours shortly after starting the thread. The reason behind the 23 hours is not only to stop creep, but also allow some time to pull collection back to a reasonable time with a bit of diligence over a few days. It seems I have to leave it overnight about once every 10 days, as I go great for several days but then something happens and I miss the time, putting the whole thing in a ridiculous time slot, so I miss it again until it just gets too late! It's most annoying to have real-life disrupting my virtual one and since I can only change one of them - here we are!

I also had a thought that this could be done as a tavern shop item, to shorten collection times somehow, but that is probably a whole new thread....just some way to do it would be so, so good!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16126

Didn't read the whole thread, but -1 on the initial proposal.
24 hours timer keeps the players on the game whole day long, otherwise people can just farm by logging in once per day at the same time.
I like the things that keep the activity on the game!
I even don't like the shortening of the alcatraz delivery (although it's a benefit for me)

PomPoms

Sergeant
[QUOTE="Jouchka, post: 212093, member: 16126"
24 hours timer keeps the players on the game whole day long, otherwise people can just farm by logging in once per day at the same time.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, could you just clarify that? Doesn't a 24 hour timer also mean they could log on once per day at the same time?

DeletedUser16126

Sorry, could you just clarify that? Doesn't a 24 hour timer also mean they could log on once per day at the same time?
If you implement a 24 hour timer, the time always shifts slightly, even if you want to collect every day at the same time you simply slip a bit each day. In my experience even while I'm almost contineously logged in, I loose one collection per week due to the fact that the delivery slips a bit each day. Sometimes I collect in the morning, sometimes in the evening, and the collection of all my SOKs take also some time, so sometimes I really have to collect them in a hurry, sometimes I have the time to cycle though the recurring quests.
This makes the collection more unpredicatable and requires a player to log in at least a few times a day to ensure he gets the best benefit.

If you say that you can collect once a day using a 24 hour timer, then I don't understand why you are proposing this change. To me this change is would just make the game more predictable, and would support most the people that only log in once a day to collect their SoKs and wishingwell-farms...
So I prefer that the people who are most active in the game have a benefit over the more lazy players.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Ok, I am logged in all day to the game, it sits there on a tab and I check in VERY frequently. I want to make the change because of what you yourself just said - "In my experience even while I'm almost continuously logged in, I lose one collection per week due to the fact that the delivery slips a bit each day. Sometimes I collect in the morning, sometimes in the evening" I have elaborated on my reasons in the thread, but a quick summarisation would be that I don't like the "time slip" to the point where I have to leave it overnight and "lose a collection" for that day. "Cos you know, sometimes I have to go out and lose access to an internet connection, forcing my collection time to alter dramatically. It's a pain in the butt.

I am certainly NOT a lazy player - sheesh this game is almost always on my mind. I think I might be a bit the other way - obsessed maybe?! lol

DeletedUser110168

This is so freaking brilliant! Wow! +1

DeletedUser108842

Can't believe Overtype said yes to dis offer.

I would have posted that myself a year ago. It is understandable and 100% logical. 23 hours does not change a thing in regards to the city effectiveness (except for the nolifers who wait for hours just to city harvest on the right second) but it makes a great deal for honoring someone's longer day, and, as everybody knows - to avoid leaving the city harvest for the next day (which is another waste of time).

Cheerz.

Status
Not open for further replies.