• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Great Buildings] Great Building collection cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Obviously this idea applies to all 24-hour cycles - in goods/supply productions, residential buildings, great buildings/town hall, and maybe even aid/plunder cool down timers.

Actually, originally, I wasn't thinking there would be a need for goods and supply buildings to change too. If Joesoap had these at 24 hours, he would simply wait the extra hour until they were also ready. The residential houses would also have to stay at 24 hours as if these were unmotivated they could be plundered. Shrines can be too, but the majority of the time, all my shrines are motivated within hours of collecting....His GB's would be safe enough to wait.

Do your collection times creep later and later in the day Joesoap?

joesoap

Major-General
they do creep a bit but thats more because i have to reset so many buildings, nothing to do with collecting gbs, they take less than a minute, and if i have to leave them a hour to keep them matched then no point in changing them, and if i do collect them then they are an hour earlier than my 24hr collects today, then 2 hours earlier tomorrow, and also shrines, HoFs etc need to be motivated to not be plundered so if they are sitting for an hour to keep all 24hr collects in sync theres a better chance they will be taken

PomPoms

Sergeant
I do see your point, but I have a lot of trouble collecting everything at the exact same time every day, so it creeps up and at times leaps up as I forget the time and miss it entirely til much later when I suddenly remember.

In order to keep your collects in sync, changing everything to 23 hours would not work either, since then you would creep backwards every day, which would be just as bad, How many times are you Shrines and HoF's left unmotivated Joesoap?

joesoap

Major-General
in the worlds where i play properly they are always motivated
i am lucky that i dont have a strict routine so can be flexible on times & collects etc but for players that work full time & have a constant routine keeping everything to the same time suits & works well

DeletedUser97166

+1
There have been a few of times that I have had to leave collections to the following day as they slowly move forward, even if by a few minutes, each day.

DeletedUser109853

+1
I like this idea. I'll love it if it gets implemented soon.

PomPoms

Sergeant
I still don't see how it could be abused Gurkan? It already happens for the Alacatraz - Due to Guild level, my Alcatraz is ready to collect 20 and a half hours after collection each day. In order to abuse a 23 hour collection time, you would have to set your alarm to get up in the middle of the night to collect your city for several days, just to be sure you got all 24 collections every 23 days! And seriously, if someone wants to do that for a game, then good on them I guess!

PomPoms

Sergeant
Since I am not getting as much support as I would like for this idea (which is so brilliant, I can hardly stand to look at it), I can only hope that the Friends Tavern will have a way to spend Tavern Silver to reduce all 24 hour timers by an hour for one collection. At least then if you want it there is a way to get it!

Last edited:

DeletedUser108240

+1 for 23.5 hours. Those 'creeping buildings' are a pain ;-))

DeletedUser6065

Before I give this a -1, please explain to me exactly how this addresses you problem of 'time creep'?. It would seem to me that even though you shorten collection time, it is still gonna advance, and then you will be posting asking for a 22.7 hour collection (until of course that advances). Or is this some sort of a weird time warp continuance worm hole type thingy where setting collections to 23 hours (or whatever) will actually stop time? A neat trick to be sure, I just hope the hold time until you collect is not filled with background music of Barry Manilow singing 'Copacabana'.

All this does is allow more collections per week assuming you are online often enough to collect. And this presumably runs afoul of your opening argument that RL interferes with VL. In fact, I might be moved to ask how exactly changing collections is gonna guarantee the synchronization of life activities anyway, let alone mine (that's right, it's really all about me when all is said and done).

Nope, I just can't see it, so I'm gonna go ahead and give it a -1 anyway. We live in a 24 hour world, convenient or not. Get used to it.

And don't get me started on the 'Friends Tavern'.
. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
Before I give this a -1, please explain to me exactly how this addresses you problem of 'time creep'?. It would seem to me that even though you shorten collection time, it is still gonna advance, and then you will be posting asking for a 22.7 hour collection (until of course that advances).
I'm pretty sure this has been explained already, but... (a) it allows a buffer so that you can collect at approximately the same time every day without being penalised for being ten minutes late by having to be ten minutes later every day from then on, and (b) it allows you theoretically to claw back a little time each day if circumstances do cause you to overrun the buffer by a significant amount.
All this does is allow more collections per week assuming you are online often enough to collect.
As someone pointed out, it would at best give you one extra Forge Point every 24 days. Not an exploit worth flogging yourself round the clock for, and good luck to anyone desperate enough to try it :P

Belergon

Private
+1
Its a good idea helping to keep collections on track every day without having to slip the collection every day later and later, little by little untill you need to leave it all overnight. As mentioned, even 30 minutes or 15 minutes would do the trick.

DeletedUser6838

I am pretty sure i have seen this idea before, but the on i remember wasn't 23 hours, but 23 hours and 50 mins or something like that. Anyways, can't agree with the reason though.

The reason why alcatraz has a reduced time is cause it's affected by the time reduction on troops training you get via guild levels, just like all the other military building and likewise are GB's, that produce gold/supplies, affected by the % increase from other GB's bonuses. If it were with the reason of the idea which i remembered, then i would have agreed, cause the reason the other one had was that if we collect after 24 hours each day, then collecting itself already takes half a minute in larger cities, so the 24 hours collecting time moves up each day and for some it reaches the point where it leaves the timezone when the player can be online, thus having to miss a collecting every now and then. I found that sort of reasonable, ALSO, correct me if im wrong, but i also heard that another game of Inno has this "23 hour+ instead of 24 hours" idea in use? something elf world with fairies and stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
If it were with the reason of the idea which i remembered, then i would have agreed, cause the reason the other one had was that if we collect after 24 hours each day, then collecting itself already takes half a minute in larger cities, so the 24 hours collecting time moves up each day and for some it reaches the point where it leaves the timezone when the player can be online, thus having to miss a collecting every now and then. I found that sort of reasonable
I'm confused; the reason given for this idea was "Currently, my city collection creeps later and later until eventually I have to leave it overnight to put it back to a decent time again". Is that not the one you said you would have agreed with?

Nilopertiso

Corporal
+1 for a 23:45 or thereabouts time. I wholeheartly agree with the frustrations that arise from collection times gradually creeping later and later until you eventually end up missing an entire day every few weeks (or months for the more committed players). I accept the points raised by some that 23hrs could be "abused" but surely only for a tiny, negligable amount of players who would disrupt their sleep patterns indefinitely, in which case they're welcome to.
My main reasons would be, as some have already mentioned, to regain the time it takes to actually perform the action of collecting, plus a small buffer which 15mins would allow. The game has already been made "easier" by Inno in many other ways that have considerably more far-reaching effects than a small reduction to 24hr collections would (I refer to unlimited GB levels, army time reduction, cheaper build costs, GE etc).

Additionally, I would also accept any change would have to be for buildings that are auto-timed only, as opposed to the supplies or goods. For those concerned about plundering, why not make this ability optional, so those who prefer to stick to 24hrs can do so and disadvantage themselves by choice? I'd imagine anyone that chose to do this would only do so on principle or fear of plundering in that 15min window!

DeletedUser6838

I'm confused; the reason given for this idea was "Currently, my city collection creeps later and later until eventually I have to leave it overnight to put it back to a decent time again". Is that not the one you said you would have agreed with?
Mmm, ups, i sort of read that the OP wanted the other GB's collect time to be synced with the Traz collecting time, so i guess i sort of misread :o.
So i pretty much contradicted myself there.

Status
Not open for further replies.