• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Great Buildings] Great Building collection cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Proposal
I would like to propose a 23 hour timer on all Great Buildings, Shrines of Whatever, Wishing Wells, and The Town Hall, instead of the current 24 hours. I would love 20 hours but that is probably asking too much!

Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
There is a suggestion for nerfing the aid to 23 hours but not for GB's and other 24 hour collection buildings.

Reason
My Alcatraz currently has a shorter timer than all my other Great Buildings, due to guild level and it's so good to come on every day and it is ready to collect. Currently, my city collection creeps later and later until eventually I have to leave it overnight to put it back to a decent time again leaving all those delicious FP's sitting there for another 8 or 9 hours, when I really need to have them every day. Real life often interferes with my game play, and it would be oh so nice to be able to pull the daily collection back to a time that is convenient. I am not suggesting the ones you set yourself such as goods or supplies to change, they can stay as 24 hours, just the ones on an automatic timer.

Since I am not a programmer, I don't know what is involved to change the timers, but surely it isn't too tricky for the clever Inno people to adjust them. From a game players Point of View, I would find it much easier to have some leeway time to collect my city, without, in effect, feeling like I'm missing a day.

I don't see myself how it could allow cheating but someone else with a crafty mind may think of something. There is no advantage to plunderers since the Town Hall, GB's, Shrines and Wishing Wells cannot be plundered anyway.

This is my first post here, so please be gentle with your comments if I have missed something glaringingly obvious to someone else :o)

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

will the output of the GB, whatsoever adjusted ?

or includes your idea increasing their output by 20%
(in 20 days you could collect 24 times)

and how will you adjust 1 FP to less ?

There is no advantage to plunderers since the Town Hall, GB's, Shrines and Wishing Wells cannot be plundered anyway.
btw Shrines CAN be plundered if they are unmotivated (all plunderable buildings can only be plundered when not motivated)
maybe happens not very often that they are unmotivated but it is possible

DeletedUser106685

+1
20 hours might be too steep, but I definitely prefer that all timers (aid as well as production) are changed from 24 to 23 hours.

Another solution can be that a great building enters the game that shortens all timers by a tiny bit. This way, players can 'set' their timers to the point that fits their schedule best.

DeletedUser914

+1
20 hours might be too steep, but I definitely prefer that all timers (aid as well as production) are changed from 24 to 23 hours.

Another solution can be that a great building enters the game that shortens all timers by a tiny bit. This way, players can 'set' their timers to the point that fits their schedule best.

Agreed, 20 hours is too short, but 23-23,5 hours production would be nice for scheduling and not moving harvest time constantly later over the day.

+1

PomPoms

Sergeant
will the output of the GB, whatsoever adjusted ?

or includes your idea increasing their output by 20%
(in 20 days you could collect 24 times)

and how will you adjust 1 FP to less ?

btw Shrines CAN be plundered if they are unmotivated (all plunderable buildings can only be plundered when not motivated)
maybe happens not very often that they are unmotivated but it is possible

Yes, technically you could collect 24 times in 20 days, but you would have to super keen to actually DO that! lol
But ok, lets move with the flow and go for 23 hours, at least you could pull the time back to suit over a few days - can you see problems with that time frame?

-1 for this idea, I believe that it would come under the heading of "Making the Game Easier"

Funnily enough, part of the "format" for the ideas section says "Explain why you think this is either a necessary or enhancing addition to the game. How will this make life easier for players?" I kind of think that it just makes life easier rather than the game itself. :)

Umm, should I amend the original post to reflect the more popular 23 hours?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109785

+1 for 23.5 hours seriously. 23.5 is fairer than 23. Even 23:45 will do the trick...

PomPoms

Sergeant
does this idea mean that instead of aiding, players can attack & plunder every 23hrs aswell?

I'm not sure since the "23hr Aid Feature" Thread is not this one, perhaps you could post that very good point in his thread though :) This thread is purely talking about changing the GB's and other 24 hour buildings to 23 hours, in order to either get it a bit earlier if you persevere for a few days, because you missed the usual time, or at least stop the "creeping later" that happens now.

joesoap

Major-General
if i cant keep track of posts that are relating to different timers on different types of buildings then i certainly dont relish different types of buildings & features having different timers

PomPoms

Sergeant
if i cant keep track of posts that are relating to different timers on different types of buildings then i certainly dont relish different types of buildings & features having different timers

Haha Joesoap! I'm not really following your reasoning there! But I, personally, like to have all my Great Buildings, Shrines, and Wishing Wells, ready to collect all at the same time as all of these have a 24 hour cycle. I would simply like to shorten this to 23 hours (for all of them!) "Aid" isn't a building, so you're quite safe on that one!

joesoap

Major-General
Haha Joesoap! I'm not really following your reasoning there! But I, personally, like to have all my Great Buildings, Shrines, and Wishing Wells, ready to collect all at the same time as all of these have a 24 hour cycle. I would simply like to shorten this to 23 hours (for all of them!) "Aid" isn't a building, so you're quite safe on that one!
i also like having all my buildings to the be ready at the same time but if we change the gb times then my houses & productions are then ready at a different time so have to -1 this

DeletedUser106685

Obviously this idea applies to all 24-hour cycles - in goods/supply productions, residential buildings, great buildings/town hall, and maybe even aid/plunder cool down timers.

Status
Not open for further replies.