• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Building Blueprint Drops

DeletedUser17070

Please, could you speed up fixing the BP issue?
I have already Colosseum, but since i miss one from Lighthouse of Alexandria i still motivate and polish iron age buildings.. and guess what? I keep getting BP for Colosseum :s
i have 6 or more of them.
You have so much ways to fix it:
1. either when you finish GB, you can no longer get BP for that Building
2. either open that finished GB, and allow ppl that can exchange BP from there with some other GB from the same age... maybe again 2:1. or even 3:1
3. or open market for it so we can trade it among each other

It isnt nuclear physics, some of those can be done easy and fast.

Thank you

DeletedUser3157

It isnt nuclear physics, some of those can be done easy and fast.

Those are not being done because current system is intentsional, although not yet fully finished. They plan to add some further use for duplicate BPs, but I doubt that addition will be any way related to making building GBs easyer and will be insted releated to some other aspects of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14587

I'm going nuts, I know that either on this forum, the beta forum, or the US forum I read where someone claimed to have talked to the developers about the blue print drop rate, but i can't find it now. What I remember though was that the person claimed that the devs indicated that whatever formula they used to randomize blueprint drops recycled after a period of time. I personally notice that it seems like every 1.5 or 2 weeks there will be a day where i will get like 4 blueprints, the next day pick up 2, and then it will be slim pickens for awhile before it seems to 'reset'.

My question though is not where I read that post, but are blueprints drops specific to an individual player or is it more like an Easter egg hunt free-for-all. By Easter egg hunt, I mean do blueprints 'generate' in buildings just waiting for a player to Polish/Motivate and thus anyone Polishing/motivating that particular building could get the blueprint? I always thought, and the person's claim I mentioned above seemed to confirm, that blueprints drops were specific to individual players. If receiving a blueprint is a result of the Easter egg hunt scenario then it would seem there would be an incredibly small chance, but a chance that someone could get a blueprint with every polish/motivate.

This question of mine was brought on because a certain guild member of mine claims that we do not polish/motivate enough in the guild (his numbers are way off though as I know for a fact he is miscounting). Part of his 'evidence' is that he got 4 blueprints for great buildings he already has and those blueprints could have gone to other guild members. The only way those prints could have been procured by another guild member is the Easter-egg hunt type scenario. I tend to think blueprint drops are more specific to players and that whatever algorithm is in place to generate the drops does indeed recycle after a period of time.

I hope this ramble makes sense. Thank to all that respond with valuable input.

well mate i used to get about 5 or 6 blueprints a day that number can be 4 sometime but this come with motivating and polish 180 friend and guild mate however with the updates starting from .26 this number shrinked ended to 1 a day and 1 every 4 or 5 days now i get 1 or 2 per week i got about 8 great buildings i focus my motivating or polish in the age which i need the blueprints but yes u are right the number had dropped than before i guess they are motivation us to spend more diamond in the game lol (i do buy the last blueprint always as he never come easily )

DeletedUser17070

Those are not being done because current system is intentsional, although not yet fully finished. They plan to add some further use for duplicate BPs, but I doubt that addition will be any way related to making building GBs easyer and will be insted releated to some other aspects of the game.

It is hard enough to get BP, but when you get duplicate of the building that you already builded, that is just not normal.
Some times i dont get BP for a week and then when i finaly get, it is something useless.
I dont expect easy way to build GB, just dont give me something that i already have... Better to remove that BP if you finish the building that requires them, then to get headache every time.
Am not complaining regarding drops, not complaining regarding the cost....

Just dont see the point heaving something that can not be used... for anything!!

DeletedUser

There is "something wonderful" planned for these extra BP's and it has been on the cards for a while so expect it soon (although no date has been specified)! From what we have been told, these extra BP's will be well worth keeping, have some patience, you will be rewarded in the end. Until then, the best way to get the BP's you need is by donating to the GB that you require the BP from. Sure it slows research, but then it's part of the tactics of the game. It's not designed to be easy, as easy is boring.

DeletedUser14664

There is "something wonderful" planned for these extra BP's and it has been on the cards for a while so expect it soon (although no date has been specified)! From what we have been told, these extra BP's will be well worth keeping, have some patience, you will be rewarded in the end. Until then, the best way to get the BP's you need is by donating to the GB that you require the BP from. Sure it slows research, but then it's part of the tactics of the game. It's not designed to be easy, as easy is boring.

this 'something wonderful', does it apply to GBs that you have allready build and have blueprints for them?

DeletedUser

this 'something wonderful', does it apply to GBs that you have allready build and have blueprints for them?
No news on the details yet.

DeletedUser3157

Yeah, the 'something wonderful' thing we can soon do with duplicate BPs is becoming a running joke. It's like what, 9 months of wait now? By now some people have so much duplicate BPs that even if they do smth one day and it's quite powerful, it prolly be just unfair to newer players.

FenTigress

Private
The something 'wonderful' will probably be swapping 5 BPs for a decoration! :rolleyes::D
I've noticed the drop rate is ridiculously slow now. So yet again diamond players are favoured by buying their way to a GB. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser9168

yes i also noticed the drop rate seems lower atm, possibly because more are being distributed via the summer event wheel

DeletedUser97590

The something 'wonderful' will probably be swapping 5 BPs for a decoration! :rolleyes::D
I've noticed the drop rate is ridiculously slow now. So yet again diamond players are favoured by buying their way to a GB. :rolleyes:

It was to be expected.
InnoGames obviously favor those who will invest in the game.
Having myself bought some diamonds when I started the game I have found them to be obscenely expensive for what they deliver and decided never to buy diamonds again.
It makes more fun to play for free.

DeletedUser

Trading blueprints/Selling buildings or prints

I think we should be able to trade our prints or sell them and be able to advertise them somehow within the game. I am sick and tired of getting the same prints over and over again. I have like 12 great buildings in all my kingdoms and not 1 built yet. Why? because I continue to get the same prints when i motivate or polish and then trade them and get the same 1 back. Its just evil!!! I think the developers need to change this!!

To kingjoseph2000: Well he also once claimed how we will get a new use for medals that will be so great and massive that everyone will be running storm grabbing up any medals out there - we got the Da Vinci quest line :P

To OP: Anyways the diminshing BP return rate that works in cycles was originally one of my theories. Devs have not shared much information on exactly how the odds of finding a BP work, so it is just one of many observational theories out there trying to explain the unknown. Although it might be little too complicated to actually be true, it would appear rather rational that devs just kept it a small fixed percentage odds and anything else is just human mind trying to make sense of randomness. But since it would make some good sense gaming logic wise, I quess it could be still a possibility that the BP drop formula is little more complex than just a flat out odd, so I am not writing it off yet until we got better information on the matter. You know, kinda like Mongols worshiping gods of all religions at same time just to increase the odds of "getting it right" with one of em :P

The easter egg hunt theory I find very very unlikely though.

DeletedUser

Sure it slows research, but then it's part of the tactics of the game. It's not designed to be easy, as easy is boring.

And there is a fine line between, "easy is boring" and "too hard is boring, I give up!". The devs are well in danger of leaving the fine line between the two and straying into the "too hard" territory with regards to BPs.

DeletedUser9168

I was under the impression that the great buildings were originally introduced to slow people down progressing thru the research tree, before they had sorted out the industrial age, and then more recently the progressive age. i don't think we were meant to acquire them so easily and certainly not to have the 'full set' in so many cities. i have full sets of BPs for almost all of them but only built 2. they take up a lot of space, which despite all the diamond expansions i have been able to add courtesy of the wheel, is still not enough to accommodate the buildings i want in my city. All my BPs have come from p/m-ing other players and rewards, then trading pairs of swaps repeatedly till i got the full set.

DeletedUser68641

yes i also noticed the drop rate seems lower atm, possibly because more are being distributed via the summer event wheel

I've seen this the last 6-8 weeks to be fair, not sure if it's because I'm ranking up and it takes longer when you go into different ages but it's changed big time because I got a good few GB's quick with loads of blueprints. Now it seems I can P/M for 3-4 days and then get nothing.

So is it because you are going higher in the ages??? or has the Dev's changed it to make it harder to get blueprints for some reason?

DeletedUser97018

i play at 2 worlds, and in both i p/m almost every day
but i don't get many BP (sometimes even more then a week without any)
ok in one world i had a tiny hood, now a bit bigger, and i'm expanding my friends list
it's slow, but i'm getting there...
the thing that bothers me is, that when i get those BP with such a "hard work", i trade doubles to get the same ONE!!!
it's anoying...

DeletedUser

I have no hard figures to support this, but in my own experience it seems the BP drop rate was modified in the last several weeks, since I seem to be getting them much less regularly than I have in the past. I cannot recall a time I didn't get at least 1-2 after M/Ping my whole guild and friend list each day, but lately it seems I am fortunate to get more than a couple per week. Who knows? :)