• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Building Blueprint Drops

DeletedUser

I'm going nuts, I know that either on this forum, the beta forum, or the US forum I read where someone claimed to have talked to the developers about the blue print drop rate, but i can't find it now. What I remember though was that the person claimed that the devs indicated that whatever formula they used to randomize blueprint drops recycled after a period of time. I personally notice that it seems like every 1.5 or 2 weeks there will be a day where i will get like 4 blueprints, the next day pick up 2, and then it will be slim pickens for awhile before it seems to 'reset'.

My question though is not where I read that post, but are blueprints drops specific to an individual player or is it more like an Easter egg hunt free-for-all. By Easter egg hunt, I mean do blueprints 'generate' in buildings just waiting for a player to Polish/Motivate and thus anyone Polishing/motivating that particular building could get the blueprint? I always thought, and the person's claim I mentioned above seemed to confirm, that blueprints drops were specific to individual players. If receiving a blueprint is a result of the Easter egg hunt scenario then it would seem there would be an incredibly small chance, but a chance that someone could get a blueprint with every polish/motivate.

This question of mine was brought on because a certain guild member of mine claims that we do not polish/motivate enough in the guild (his numbers are way off though as I know for a fact he is miscounting). Part of his 'evidence' is that he got 4 blueprints for great buildings he already has and those blueprints could have gone to other guild members. The only way those prints could have been procured by another guild member is the Easter-egg hunt type scenario. I tend to think blueprint drops are more specific to players and that whatever algorithm is in place to generate the drops does indeed recycle after a period of time.

I hope this ramble makes sense. Thank to all that respond with valuable input.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It seems that you are asking for the 'secret formula' the developers use to randomize blueprint drops. But that is a secret formula.

DeletedUser7719

I really hope there isn't, so no one can abuse it if someone actually found it out.

DeletedUser

The thing about BP that is so upsetting to me, is the duplicates for building(s) I already have. Can someone tell me what good it does to get WORTHLESS BP's?? You contribute FP's to help others grow their GB's, get first place awards, then receive a stinkin' BP that you can't even use!! This is making me VERY upset. I'm just about done with this game strictly because of THIS problem!!

DeletedUser

Lord Zion, it is always good to see new posters. Often they begin posting because they are frustrated with some part of the game. What you seem to missing is the part where you learn, adapt, and overcome. The game is meant to be a challenge.

Now that you have seen how to earn 'worthless' bps, you can use the same tactic to get valuable bps. Contribute FP's to help others grow a GB that YOU need bps for. That way you help them and earn BPs that you need. What you have previously done is compete with some other poor sap who NEEDS those bp that you have won and are now complaining about. I bet he is just as peeved as you are.

DeletedUser

I am not sure that Lord Zion knows that you only get BPs for the GB you are donating to. If you are donating and win BPs from a tower of babel, you will only get BPs for the tower of babel. You can't blame anyone but yourself in that situation. I would also add that I have read somewhere on here that the devs have indicated that there is going to be a use for the BPs from GBs you don't need.

DeletedUser6461

Hi Lord of Zion,
I think the below post by blacksmith must relieve you to some extend :)

Hey folks

Finished Great Buildings Blueprints

Getting tired of getting the same blueprints for great buildings already completed? Well soon you will be able to do 'wonderous' things with them.

DeletedUser6065

Hi Lord of Zion,
I think the below post by blacksmith must relieve you to some extend :)

Again, so wonderful for those who have built the Great Albatrosses. What about the dups. for those not built? And, DON'T say trade 2:1. That is not an option (read other posts on the trade function - and I agree with all of them) . . . . mk

DeletedUser3157

To kingjoseph2000: Well he also once claimed how we will get a new use for medals that will be so great and massive that everyone will be running storm grabbing up any medals out there - we got the Da Vinci quest line :P

To OP: Anyways the diminshing BP return rate that works in cycles was originally one of my theories. Devs have not shared much information on exactly how the odds of finding a BP work, so it is just one of many observational theories out there trying to explain the unknown. Although it might be little too complicated to actually be true, it would appear rather rational that devs just kept it a small fixed percentage odds and anything else is just human mind trying to make sense of randomness. But since it would make some good sense gaming logic wise, I quess it could be still a possibility that the BP drop formula is little more complex than just a flat out odd, so I am not writing it off yet until we got better information on the matter. You know, kinda like Mongols worshiping gods of all religions at same time just to increase the odds of "getting it right" with one of em :P

The easter egg hunt theory I find very very unlikely though.

DeletedUser

The easter egg hunt theory I find very very unlikely though.

Thanks for the response. I too find the easter egg hunt theory unlikely as well. I feel like the devs would rather favor the active players vs the inactive ones who could then sign in for a day and pick up several blueprints.

DeletedUser

I feel like the devs would rather favor the active players vs the inactive ones who could then sign in for a day and pick up several blueprints.

Thats an interesting belief but I do not share it. My experience with game promoters (in general - not this game) is that they tend to see the returning 'inactive' ones as prodigal sons and they reward them generously in hopes they will stay and participate.

DeletedUser

Again, so wonderful for those who have built the Great Albatrosses. What about the dups. for those not built? And, DON'T say trade 2:1. That is not an option (read other posts on the trade function - and I agree with all of them) . . . . mk

Completed does not necessarily mean built.

DeletedUser

Sorry for the off topic, but can you help out with a link or elaborate on this(I couldn't find any other posts on this topic, in this thread)

EDIT: I am asking because yesterday I had a run of bad luck with it and want to make sure that it is indeed bad luck and not case of house win and should be avoided ;)

DeletedUser

I don't find the easter egg hunt theory unlikely - in fact, I think it the most likely. Just attach code to the 'build' function that queries the persistent data store for the relevant data - and the first person to click on it gets the BP. An individual player is going to perceive it as cyclic, because their being first to polish/motivate is cyclic - every 24 hrs? but it's not - there is a finite time that it takes to M/P your neighbours, etc - and eventually you are going to have to wait until the following morning/evening. so it is 24 hours and a bit. If I was writing it, the 'build' function would be common to all, with just the footprint of the building, the final graphic and the time taken before complete that differed. I do agree, though, that it's a bit of a pain not being able to trade duplicate BPs with other players. Why not?

Particularly as you can buy whatever you want with diamonds...Seems discriminatory to me

DeletedUser7719

I don't see any diamond problem here. The point of paying money is to get an advantage, and I'm comfortable with it, but sometimes diamond costs should be adjusted like: 200 diamonds for a specific blueprint? not fair

DeletedUser

Devs aren't discriminating against inactive players - if they're inactive, the BPs will have been picked up by an active player - so it can't be both ways.

I don't have a problem with diamonds - just if diamonds can buy specific BPs, why can't less diamond-rich players trade their duplicates? Diamond players still have an advantage. Or at the very least, trade 2:1 for a BP of choice.

DeletedUser3157

I don't find the easter egg hunt theory unlikely - in fact, I think it the most likely. Just attach code to the 'build' function that queries the persistent data store for the relevant data - and the first person to click on it gets the BP. An individual player is going to perceive it as cyclic, because their being first to polish/motivate is cyclic - every 24 hrs? but it's not - there is a finite time that it takes to M/P your neighbours, etc - and eventually you are going to have to wait until the following morning/evening. so it is 24 hours and a bit. If I was writing it, the 'build' function would be common to all, with just the footprint of the building, the final graphic and the time taken before complete that differed. I do agree, though, that it's a bit of a pain not being able to trade duplicate BPs with other players. Why not?

Particularly as you can buy whatever you want with diamonds...Seems discriminatory to me

I find it very unlikely because I have never noticed any sort of higher odds of finding a BP when supporting a "less popular" target building as opposed to a persons first choice. If there were a easter hunt, then BPs from the first choice P/M options would always get taken quickly because those buildings get targeted way more often by more people, while 2nd or 3rd choice buildings which get visited much less often should have remaining higher odds of having something left in them. But I have never witnessed anything like that not even close.

DeletedUser

I haven't been playing that long, so I guess I should bow to your greater experience. However, from the point I am at, I often find that all the big buildings (supplies or happiness) are unavailable. A threshold (depending on the level of one or the other players) could easily be set. e.g., I've never picked up a BP from a decoration.. As for 'more popular' buildings somehow having more BPs - why? When it's gone, it's gone. Perhaps cities with no BPs for a period of time get random ones during housekeeping - once a day/week/month. If the distribution of BPs to buildings works the other way - i.e. when you visit a city, a BP is randomly added to one of the buildings, then the randomness means that you won't necessarily pick it - as you'll be going for the 'big' buildings. Either way, I think there is a random number generator at work, and it is in the nature of humans to seek patterns. We just don't know the triggers and thresholds.
None of the above negates the fact that it should be possible to trade duplicate BPs. I am one BP shy of my first GB. I have had lots of duplicates, traded them in, and got yet more duplicates. Oh for a trade!

DeletedUser

Generally isnt the way theyed code something like this (x building/deco gives a better chance ect) Takes to much time to code, over just % chances for what ever. RNG's get streaky from my experiance online. You can go days not seeing any then BAM 4 the next day. imo they have it set right as far as free vs pay go for BP's since they uped the drop chance and added the ability to trade 2 for 1. Ive completed a fair few GB's just with p/m and have bought a few pieces to complete others.