• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Great Building Attachments in the Messaging System

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

Gondour

Corporal
Using this feature for FP swaps has one drawback. It will show the latest number of FPs in a GB even though when say at first swap the building had 100 FPs, in second swap 110 and in third 120. Looking at the swap thread it will show 130 for all 3 swaps. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. It should show the screenshot as was on the first swap for the first swap, i.e. 100. The second attachment 110 and the last 120. The previous attachments should not change by default unless I'm seriously missing something here?? Any comment very much appreciated. Thanks folks.

Gondour

Corporal
IMG_3511.jpg

DeletedUser111359

It could be more useful. When I post to the guild swap threads, I put the current FP total in brackets, as an audit of sorts. So I can look later and make sure I've gotten donations roughly in line with what I should be getting. I wish that there was an easy way to do that with the new feature. Sending a second message is ugly, and defeats the purpose of the feature for the most part.

Gondour

Corporal
You cannot track and stop short changing in FP thread as the post defaults to latest status, even in the previous posts making tracking impossible. You also either just use attachment or type your request for FPs, you cannot add typing to the attachment - Crazy!

Gondour

Corporal
It could be more useful. When I post to the guild swap threads, I put the current FP total in brackets, as an audit of sorts. So I can look later and make sure I've gotten donations roughly in line with what I should be getting. I wish that there was an easy way to do that with the new feature. Sending a second message is ugly, and defeats the purpose of the feature for the most part.
Hi, I can't type anything when using the attachment - it's either or.

Gondour

Corporal
Yes, he paid. My gripe is that unless you remember what the amount of FPs was when you originally posted you can't tell if anyone paid because you can't see the previous status. All your previous posts will show the GB points at the same new status, which is pretty pants really.

DeletedUser111589

Yes, he paid. My gripe is that unless you remember what the amount of FPs was when you originally posted you can't tell if anyone paid because you can't see the previous status. All your previous posts will show the GB points at the same new status, which is pretty pants really.

Wasn't that the same with previous swaps? You needed to know how many FP you had. It had same "problems" as this attachment.

And I find attachment better although haven't used it yet as I don't like swap threads where a BP or any reward isn't guaranteed.

Morrisrat

Private
I agree totally with Gondor. In the past I would post on, for example a 10fp swap thread, "Babel 105", I then know when I check my Babel it should be 115. If i add an attachment it will show 105, but when someone take the swap, it will show the new total as 115, now unless I note somewhere the old total I have no way of knowing if the swap taken has been paid. The only way around this is to post a message 1st with "Babel 105" send message, post a 2nd message with an attachment...... or give up and just don't use the attachment, which is a pity.

DeletedUser110419

I agree totally with Gondor. In the past I would post on, for example a 10fp swap thread, "Babel 105", I then know when I check my Babel it should be 115. If i add an attachment it will show 105, but when someone take the swap, it will show the new total as 115, now unless I note somewhere the old total I have no way of knowing if the swap taken has been paid. The only way around this is to post a message 1st with "Babel 105" send message, post a 2nd message with an attachment...... or give up and just don't use the attachment, which is a pity.

Or use the attachment and write down the current total on a piece of paper.

The attachments make it much less likely that the next person will donate to the wrong GB.

Morrisrat

Private
In the last 18 months playing FoE, I've never had anyone donate to the wrong GB, however, I have had people not pay their swaps. I play both on PC and iPad so it's not really practical to carry a piece of paper around with me. An attachment should be an attachment to a note, so even if it is not possible to just screenshot the total when posting and keep it that way, it should be possible to add a written note "105" or whatever.

Gondour

Corporal
Wasn't that the same with previous swaps? You needed to know how many FP you had. It had same "problems" as this attachment.

And I find attachment better although haven't used it yet as I don't like swap threads where a BP or any reward isn't guaranteed.
Hi, yes, you are right it was the same. People in this thread were elated and said you could track the short changing with this new attachment. No so sadly and if you're going to have a new feature, wouldn't it be nice if it showed the status for every post. Your bank a/c adjusts with every payment too doesn't it. x

Gondour

Corporal
Or use the attachment and write down the current total on a piece of paper.

The attachments make it much less likely that the next person will donate to the wrong GB.
It does not do anything to avoid having to keep tabs on who paid ... furthermore - no proof really if someone has already say 130 FPs in your GB. How many swap messages would you want to go back to. Impossible really. It could have been so simple...

Gondour

Corporal
In the last 18 months playing FoE, I've never had anyone donate to the wrong GB, however, I have had people not pay their swaps. I play both on PC and iPad so it's not really practical to carry a piece of paper around with me. An attachment should be an attachment to a note, so even if it is not possible to just screenshot the total when posting and keep it that way, it should be possible to add a written note "105" or whatever.
Yes, totally agree, should be able to attach to a note of just the FPs of that GB at the time.

Morrisrat

Private
Whats more important ? Having fps posted to the correct GB rather than the wrong GB
or
Having fps posted, rather than not at all and not knowing without checking back over 2 weeks of fp swap threads. Believe me, I've had to do this on a few occasions.