• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Graphics improvement

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Proposal:
Improve on it.
Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
no

Reason:
Hard to differentiate

Details:
As you can see on the bottom, 3 are legioners and 3 infantry, yet on the map they are almost the same looking. Some change would be good.

Visual Aids:
picture

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
graphics.jpg

DeletedUser

I could've sworn Legionairs had a different animation than what you have shown on your map. They're supposed to look very typically Roman, or am I remembering it so wrong?
In that case this would be a unit display bug I think..

- L

DeletedUser

If I recall correctly, Legionnaires have always looked like that...

Considering a 'graphics-makeover', maybe it would help if they were given spears instead of their swords. They would just have to hold them the same way they are holding their swords now, so you don't mistake them for 'soldiers' (light melee).

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

EDIT: Here's a screenie of what this could look like (the above unit is the Legionnaire as they look now, the middle unit is the 'modified' Legionnaire with a spear and the unit below is the EMA Infantry):
Leg_Upgrade.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1094

I agree... a more visible difference between the units would be suitable. It IS straining the eyes, having to look for the different shields.

+1 from me. (I do believe this has been mentioned before, somewhere.)

DeletedUser

If I recall correctly, Legionnaires have always looked like that...

Considering a 'graphics-makeover', maybe it would help if they were given spears instead of their swords. They would just have to hold them the same way they are holding their swords now, so you don't mistake them for 'soldiers' (light melee).

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

EDIT: Here's a screenie of what this could look like (the above unit is the Legionnaire as they look now, the middle unit is the 'modified' Legionnaire with a spear and the unit below is the EMA Infantry):
View attachment 1513

This + the idea = +1

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I think when they are lining up on the right side, you can see the shield and then it's different, right?
You can change the shape of the helmet too.

DeletedUser276

good ideas but graphics changes always cost money so if this change goes through it might not be for a while.

DeletedUser1094

Then it's a good thing, we don't care about the costs in here. Not until we're directly effected by it, that is...then we can complain about that.

I'm marking this to PASS