• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Governmental Systems

• Thread starter DeletedUser116830
  • Start date

DeletedUser116830

This is a discussion to add governmental systems to Forge Of Empires. It may be turned into a suggestion later, but is only a discussion as of yet.
Proposal:
Add Governmental Systems to Forge of Empires.
Reason:
In Forge of Empires, the only governmental system is a kingdom(Because all the quests either refer to you as Tribal Chief, or Your Highness(Might not be exact words), or Your Grace.). This may have worked before CE was out, but imagining you hundreds of years into the future and still being king is ridiculous.
Therefore, I am proposing the following government systems that can be accessible after you reach Progressive Era;
——
Empire[Same as current system, default]
No effect.
——
Military Dictatorship
Pro:
Attack/Defence each adds 10%, then adds 5% per age.(Courtesy of @Emberguard )
Con:
Automatically makes your city unhappy unless tavern boost is activated(Courtesy of @Emberguard )
——
Democracy
Pro:
Coin/ Supply bonus: 50%.
Con:
Attack down by 10% and has a negative effect of -100 Happiness within 6 hours of attacking another player.
——
Theocracy
Pro:
Happiness increase by 20%
Con:
Coin/Supply bonus down by 20%
——
Technocracy
Pro:
Forge Point production up by 20% in all buildings(Including GBs)
Con:
Attack down by 10%
——
Anarchy
Pro:
None
Con:
Coin/Supply Production down by 20%.
This only applies within 24 hours of changing governments. This is a cooldown government.
——

That is all so far. If you have anymore that are good I will add to this post and credit the original posters.
The quest headings would change of course. For example:
Democracy: Your Presidency! Or: Dictatorship: Your Excellency!
Conclusion:
This is to add a level of diversity into the game. Govermental Systems allow players to choose their governments with more freedom. There are pros and cons to each one, making it a large decision to make. The systems can be changed any time in game.
PS- Open to comments. *This is chosen by players. Guilds have no control over this.*
EDIT: Massively nerfed the Military Dictatorship. (Courtesy of @Emberguard )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100133

How would this system work? Would it work on the base as a guild like we have at moment with founders and leader or would the system be based on something else, at the moment I'm a little confused as we don't have kings and queen or tribal chief titles unless the player created the title them self.

Emberguard

Legend
Would anyone past bronze age be anything else?
Democracy would mean CF doesn't need to be lvl'd as high for Unbirthday Quests

How would this system work? Would it work on the base as a guild like we have at moment with founders and leader or would the system be based on something else, at the moment I'm a little confused as we don't have kings and queen or tribal chief titles unless the player created the title them self.
Good question. I was assuming they were basing it on a per-player decision but guild based would be interesting as well. Though somehow I think all the guilds would more or less choose the same option

Agent327

Overlord
  • What not to suggest:

OVERTYPE said:
In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.

DeletedUser116830

• What not to suggest:

OVERTYPE said:
In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
@Agent327 , there are cons to the government too.
Would anyone past bronze age be anything else?
That is the point of the change: to have a choice to not be a dictator:D
This works on a per player basis. And the titles come from the quest headings. Here is a screenshot.
584F820F-6258-4CE9-A890-33244EDCD496.jpeg

@Agent327 , there are cons to the government too.

That is the point of the change: to have a choice to not be a dictator:D

This works on a per player basis. And the titles come from the quest headings. Will post a screenshot.
I'd be happy with the choice but for the vast majority of players coins/supplies/happiness are not an issue so I can't see many choosing anything except extra attack/defence

DeletedUser113470

Form of government was an important element in the original Civ (and probably later versions, but I only ever played the original).
It added an interesting strategic element to the game. Every form of government had its pros and cons. So, yeah, the concept can be implemented in a game without it being just another "illegal" idea because it just makes the game easier.

As I remember, changing form of government in Civ was a challenge. There was a period of anarchy. Bad things happened.
The same would have to be true with this idea. You can't just be a dictator in the morning while you attack and plunder your neighbors, then switch to a democracy in the evening when you collect your daily productions.

Cool idea, but FOE may be a bit too mature to add the concept now.

DeletedUser108359

Cool idea, But i think it would have to be players choice, guilds could of course decide to have only players of a certain type. So big gvg guilds would want dictators, also if you decided to change there would have to be a cool down period. probably 24 hrs would work.

DeletedUser116830

Hmm... May revise the part about free to change government forms.
Edit: Added Anarchy cooldown for 24 Hours after changing governments.

DeletedUser108359

Hmm... May revise the part about free to change government forms.
Edit: Added Anarchy cooldown for 24 Hours after changing governments.

Iv played other games where you can choose your government type, and most of them its a once off deal, no changing afterwards.
So i agree that there should also be a cost involved in changing. Although i agree with what others have said, most players would probably go for dictator and stay there.
But i would still support this idea.

DeletedUser112892

First game where I came up across governmental system was Imperia Online, and it had:
-Neutral government
-Barbarian government
-Imperialiatic government
-Feudal government
-Monarchy
Same as here, every, except neutral, had it's own advantages and disadvantages, depending on playstyle.
So, I would give this idea a +1