• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Goods trading ratios

DeletedUser114321

I play on PC and I've noticed that where I can only do 2:1, 1:1, or 1:2 trades, there are other ratios up on the market from other players. I can only assume that this is because they are using a phone or tablet. Also, the trader on PC should automatically realize when a player is trading across 3 or more ages, and not insist on an unfair trade ration of 2:1, which it does, and changes the trade. If you don't accept the suggested option, it won't list your trade. The end result of all this is less experienced players having their trades ignored due to them being unfair, but the player doesn't understand why. We have had discussion in guild over this issue. Surely, fair trade ratios can be programmed in by using cost of goods per age as a basis. If a player wants to do an unfair trade, then that's their thing, but at least have the trader offering the appropriate ratios based on cost of production if you own the corresponding goods deposit on the map.

Emberguard

Legend
@Ophelia1 if you choose one of the goods and fill in the amount for it before selecting what the second good will be the game will automatically fill in the second amount as to what it considers "fair"

You can change within those ratios but nothing greater then 2:1 either side

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I think inno should re-think his idea what is fair and what is not ... unfortunately any suggestions that have been on these topics have allways been with a big negative coments .... the only curunt way is just to really chek for trades that are one age up or down or in the same era and are the 1to1,2to1 or 1to2 ... then this whole concept of each era goods getting more expensive has no meaning ... it should reflect in that .... and if you really want to you still can make them by unclicking fair traid button ... i think that FoE didn't really think about that to much ....

DeletedUser99588

Not really up to Inno to decide what is a fair trade. Market forces will ultimately dictate it. They introduced the defaults based on common usage and simplicity to speed things up for the majority and to help new players. As already stated you can adjust this within the 2:1 limit. If you increase the 2:1 limit then you would make it easier for trading down eras and thus making the trading part of the game easier. It is not meant to be easy and part of the game is to cultivate trading partners and to organise your guild to be able to cope with its members requirements including the necessity of trading your goods up and down the eras.

DeletedUser114321

Not really up to Inno to decide what is a fair trade. Market forces will ultimately dictate it. They introduced the defaults based on common usage and simplicity to speed things up for the majority and to help new players. As already stated you can adjust this within the 2:1 limit. If you increase the 2:1 limit then you would make it easier for trading down eras and thus making the trading part of the game easier. It is not meant to be easy and part of the game is to cultivate trading partners and to organise your guild to be able to cope with its members requirements including the necessity of trading your goods up and down the eras.
Yes, thanatos100, that is exactly my point. I understand how the trader works, I just think inno needs to fix it. If the reasoning behind the max 2:1 trade is to simplify things and speed the game up, surely not having to spend time doing multiple trades across ages to get the same result would be a whole lot more efficient. Just putting it out there, maybe the powers that be will take notice, or not.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Emberguard

Legend
@Ophelia1 the current ratios also limits abuse (depending on your definition of abuse). Doesn't make it impossible, but it does to some extent make it take longer for push accounts then if you could do say - 16:1. Especially as it takes time to trade down between each age and most players aren't going to try to jump 3 ages at that kind of rate. Something which for ordinary play you don't normally need to jump 3 or more ages. If you are then there's a specific purpose in mind.

If they did open the amounts to a higher ratio then I'd be advocating that only the lower era can be traded at a higher amount and that it'd be based on the amount of ages apart rather then the age itself. As such if I were designing it I'd make same age and one age up/down staying at the current rates, and only from 2 ages downwards increase the amounts wanted/offered of the lower aged good.

Personally I don't think it needs to be opened up beyond the 2:1 structure. You don't usually need to go down a bunch of ages unless you're jumping the cue in getting something prior to when you'd normally obtain it. Something that the 2:1 is still able to be used for.

DeletedUser99588

Yes, thanatos100, that is exactly my point. I understand how the trader works, I just think inno needs to fix it. If the reasoning behind the max 2:1 trade is to simplify things and speed the game up, surely not having to spend time doing multiple trades across ages to get the same result would be a whole lot more efficient. Just putting it out there, maybe the powers that be will take notice, or not.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Having to do multiple trades to trade up or down through the ages is part of the strategy of the game. It is like that for a reason, the exact reason you want it removed. It is part of the mechanics of the game and you are meant to devise a strategy to trade efficiently through friends and guild. Lots of things can be changed to make things easy. You could change the way pieces on a chess board move to make it easier but that wouldn't enhance the strategy part of the game or be seen as an improvement by I suspect the majority.

Instead of looking for the easy way out, embrace the system, cultivate trading partners and you'll find that with some planning you will have the right goods at the right time. In times gone by well organised guilds used to advise guild-mates what they should produce to ensure shortages were kept to a minimum based on their boosts. Maybe not so relevant these days with all the goods producing GB's and event buildings but an example of what a little bit of effort within a good guild can be achieved.