• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Goods question

DeletedUser

If i have a marble sector for example... can i build 2 or more Marble Mansons to increase production?

DeletedUser

You can build as many marble masons as you want. The production boost you receive from the 'marble' deposit applies to each marble mason you build. ;)

DeletedUser

Hey turbofin :)
Normally a marble mason makes 1 marble / 4 hours. With the sector it will make 5 marble / 4 hours. So a lot more. You can always build more masons, regardless of having a sector deposit for it.

2 masons without the sector would give you 2 marble / 4 hours, and 2 masons with the sector would give you 10 / 4 hours.

DeletedUser

First of all, you're welcome turbofin. ;)

Secondly, Mutzena is right. I'd like to add though, that when producing goods whilst in possession of the respective deposit, you pay just as much for 5 times the amount of goods produced, as when you don't possess the respective deposit.

Ex.: Marble Mason:

Productions with 'Marble Rock' Deposit -> 5 Marble per hour = costs of 100 gold + 100 supplies for the production within that specific Marble Mason

Productions without 'Marble Rock' Deposit -> 1 Marble per hour = costs of 100 gold + 100 supplies for the production within that specific Marble Mason

For every further Marble Mason you build, you have to pay the production costs again according to the production time you choose.

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

P.S.: You were probably already aware of this, but I thought I'd mention it anyways... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have recently noticed that some of the top people on the server have many ( 5 or even more) goods building making the most expensive thing they can produce, particularly if it is an item perceived as being in short supply like spice on my server/neighbourhood. I THINK it may be a guild policy for these people to do this. One such person that I am able to monitor in my neighbourhood is trading very aggressively. By supplying large quantities of high end goods at vicious rates of exchange these people are probably on nice little earners.

DeletedUser

I don't see what's wrong with that. I have 6 honey buildings going on at the moment. You need goods to negotiate and research.

I find the thing that's slowing me down at the moment are research / forge points. It's taking forever to climb the research tree.

DeletedUser

I don't see what's wrong with that. I have 6 honey buildings going on at the moment. You need goods to negotiate and research.

I find the thing that's slowing me down at the moment are research / forge points. It's taking forever to climb the research tree.

There is nothing wrong with that at all and I didn't say or imply there was :) . It is a perfectly reasonable use of the game mechanics. I don't suppose the game developers imagined that people would come up with a playing strategy like that - but the joy of this type of game is that people playing it find clever and unexpected ways to use the games' features.

DeletedUser

Why must i pay one forge point to accept an offer from a neighbour? Is it normal? :s

DeletedUser

Hey turbofin,

You always have to pay 1 Forge Point per trade with neighbours.
Trading with guildmembers is 'free', meaning it doesn't cost Forge Points. This is one of the main reasons to join a Guild. :)

- L

DeletedUser

too bad... most of small players cand find a good guild to join. Luckly i found one but many can't untill they grow bigger and that suck if you ask me

DeletedUser

I'd take a look at the World Forums and check the Guild Recruitment sections.
Usually there are guilds that don't have any requirement at all. I think I've even seen guilds that're made especially for new players.

If there are none of those in your world, start one. :)
Make sure to notify in your Guild Profile what your guild is about, and I'm sure it'll fill up fast enough, especially if you create a recruitment thread in the correct world forum. ;)

- L

DeletedUser6461

If you need a fast pacing and well cooperative guild, you are welcome to join our wonderful Guild "WE COME IN PEACE".

DeletedUser

What I did was to send a message to a few guilds (within the top 10) of my server, this despite just starting for a day or two. Ask to join their guild and that's all it took. Both sent me invites actually, I just accepted the first one that came by. This despite a supposed 5000 point entry to the guild or me being ranked very low. I think what most guilds are concerned about is activity. If they see you constantly trading goods (even tier 1 goods are handy), you're a valuable addition to the guild.

DeletedUser1094

Thanks for sharing, Pembar... and, you're right. It can't hurt asking, but if you don't do it, you definitely won't get in. ;)

DeletedUser

Same theory when picking up girls, if you don't ask, you'll never know. =P

DeletedUser6968

Why must i pay one forge point to accept an offer from a neighbour? Is it normal? :s/QUOTE]

Yes it's normal. You have to pay a forge point if you do some trading with your neighbours. If you join a guild then you will be able to trade with the other members of the guild without having to use a forge point.

Sorry folks did not see that there where 2 pages on this topic. Only read first page.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey forem,

Yeah resources on the map are completely random, this question has been asked before. ;)
As far as I'm aware is the ONLY fix they did, that you can't have 2 deposits of the same type at the same time.
It does result in some players being lucky and having beneficial techs, as you pointed out..

- L